Terrorist attack? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Feb 18th, 2008, 9:00 pm Thread Starter

Terrorist attack?

hmm... how long have they been making gasoline? http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?s=6101065

they provide their fuel to 7-11's... no deaths...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Feb 18th, 2008, 10:28 pm

Re: Terrorist attack?

CNN says it's a 70,000 bpd refinery, this one says 170,000. Never heard of a propane de asphalting unit? The picture I saw didn't look good. The good thing is no fatalities. Worked in oil refineries for 32 years, seen alot of fires & hope I never see another one. It's allways intertaining to see the news reports, they are allways BS.

Big-E

1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800
2001 Yamaha Venture- most comfortable bike on the road- Gone
2004 Honda Goldwing- Didn't like it- Gone
2005 BMW K1200LT- Great bike!- Lives on with another member
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14- Loving it for now
1998 Suzuki Bandit S-1200- Fun, just got it.
post #3 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 3:25 am

Big E, Isn't it always interesting to hear their slant on news worthy stories that you are close to. After a couple of them I quit watching the "NEWS" or reading the paper. When you realize that they have no idea of what they are talking about from an inside perspective you lose faith in what they have to say. If you think about it, it is all hearsay, thay have little personel experience with subjects they report on. After talking with a couple of witnesses they formulate a story and we all know that in a room of people everyone will have a different view of what happened.

A couple of incidents on the Mississippi River and I was amazed at the ignorance of the local news media. You would think New Orleans would have an expert for a reference but it is obvious that they dont.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 6:42 am

So is this 2 that blew up just recently? I heard on the news last night about the one in Big Spring, but I didn't hear anything about the one near Amarillo.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #5 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 3:30 pm

I was thinking it was the same one but, I could be wrong.

Big-E

1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800
post #6 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGILLS2
Big E, Isn't it always interesting to hear their slant on news worthy stories that you are close to. After a couple of them I quit watching the "NEWS" or reading the paper. When you realize that they have no idea of what they are talking about from an inside perspective you lose faith in what they have to say. If you think about it, it is all hearsay, thay have little personel experience with subjects they report on. After talking with a couple of witnesses they formulate a story and we all know that in a room of people everyone will have a different view of what happened.

A couple of incidents on the Mississippi River and I was amazed at the ignorance of the local news media. You would think New Orleans would have an expert for a reference but it is obvious that they dont.
The reporters don't have a clue what they are talking about & you can't expect them to. The good part is the companies know this, shoot them a line of BS & let them run with it.

Big-E

1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800
post #7 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGILLS2
Big E, Isn't it always interesting to hear their slant on news worthy stories that you are close to. After a couple of them I quit watching the "NEWS" or reading the paper.
Your not wrong there. Even the BBC made me out to be some eco nutter and misquoted people left right and center. I used to trust the BBC-not now.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #8 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 5:45 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00k1e
Your not wrong there. Even the BBC made me out to be some eco nutter and misquoted people left right and center. I used to trust the BBC-not now.
Yup... all Kolledge Graduamitations.. had to drink the Kool Aid or no sheepskin... now they are running the world.. except my little piece of REALITY

pffft...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #9 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 8:13 pm

According to the article posted, that explosion was around Amarillo. The story I heard on ABC News was a refinery in Big Spring. Big Spring ain't anywhere near Armarillo (unless you call 300 miles close). ABC News did say 70K bpd, though. If this is the same one, somebody sure needs to look at a map.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in