Congrats Mr. Shealey! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 3:41 pm Thread Starter

Cool Congrats Mr. Shealey!

10K posts. And not a lame one in the bunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 4:10 pm

I love reading David's posts. Always based on experiance and facts. I have learned quite a bit from him. Great asset to this site!

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #3 of 15 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 6:27 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up

+1 on the "I have learned quite a bit from him."

Thanks David.

Somebody give David a deal on an LT. We need to get him riding again!

Doug

2001 Pacific Blue LT
1992 750 Nighthawk
1985 VF700S Sabre
1976 CB550F SS
1973 CB350 Four
1972 Yamaha 250
MOA #134470

post #4 of 15 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
10K posts. And not a lame one in the bunch.
Thanks Joe!!! I did not even know I was that close. Surprise to me.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #5 of 15 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 8:26 pm

Dave,
Thanks for all the knowledge you have shared with us over the years. We all appreciate it.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #6 of 15 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 9:29 pm

Congratulations, Dave. If you host a Tech Session it would be worth the ride just to see the Master at work.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 11:02 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Knowledge and More!

Thanks Dave for your wisdom and also for your IBA witness. I owe my Bun Burner and Border-to-Border Insanity to you and my BC witness as well. You guys were great to go out of your way. Keep up the posts and I hope you get on two wheels again someday soon.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 67k
2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #8 of 15 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 11:23 pm

Thank you, Dave.
post #9 of 15 Old Feb 8th, 2008, 5:54 am

Ya know, every time David posts, I either learn something new or have something reinforced. Thanks Dave.

And now that I'm riding again, I'll be coming your way. Hopefully sooner than later.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #10 of 15 Old Feb 8th, 2008, 7:19 am

Thanks David! You have been a fantastic resource for this site.

Kevin

1999 K1200LT, patiently waiting for a new model.

Slave Cylinder Procedure->
post #11 of 15 Old Feb 8th, 2008, 9:08 am

Thanks, Dave, and keep up the good work!

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #12 of 15 Old Feb 8th, 2008, 2:06 pm

Thumbs up

Add my thanks to the pile. You've saved me a bunch of time and whenever I go back and search this site and the old one I find your posts and am very thankful they are there.

Dan
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue

; Nolan 103 Helmet w/Bluetooth;
;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),
; Clymer Manual; BMW Service DVD
post #13 of 15 Old Feb 8th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglenn1
Add my thanks to the pile. You've saved me a bunch of time and whenever I go back and search this site and the old one I find your posts and am very thankful they are there.
Thanks for the kind words. Too bad we never met while I was in San Diego. Pretty nice here in east TN, but I miss San Diego in a lot of ways.

Do you go to the San Diego BMW club breakfasts? Great bunch of guys and gals there.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
post #14 of 15 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 1:57 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Oh no, don't tell me that David's now gotta disappear for a few weeks!

Seriously David, you're a tremendous resource for this board and have helped most of us more than you know. I still appreciate all you've taught me about general maintenance, slave cylinders, sticking starters, etc. In particular I remember finding a nail in my brand new BT020 the day I was leaving on a 5K-mile cross country trip. Once you answered the phone I knew that the problem was solved and your willingness to provide and install a rear tire for me early that morning is still appreciated.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #15 of 15 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Oh no, don't tell me that David's now gotta disappear for a few weeks!

Seriously David, you're a tremendous resource for this board and have helped most of us more than you know. I still appreciate all you've taught me about general maintenance, slave cylinders, sticking starters, etc. In particular I remember finding a nail in my brand new BT020 the day I was leaving on a 5K-mile cross country trip. Once you answered the phone I knew that the problem was solved and your willingness to provide and install a rear tire for me early that morning is still appreciated.
Sure glad I just happened to have the tire handy at the right time! Thanks for the kind words Ken.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep checking this site every day, when I have not had a bike for over 3 years now. Then I read something that I am able to help with, or read the kind words from others to me, and I know I will be back tomorrow.

Who knows, the stars may line up just right one day and I will be back here as an owner again!

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in