This guy was going 78 mph in the fast lane - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 7:16 pm Thread Starter

This guy was going 78 mph in the fast lane

I passed him on the right. He was really going fast enough for me but I got a little worried as it was windy that day. I thought that his pack job was a little top heavy but he must know what he is doing. He was on his cell phone too.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:01 am

Talking

Well, Im running down the road
Tryin to loosen my load...
post #3 of 9 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 7:02 am

And you took this picture with in car camrea, right? Both hands on the steering wheel.

Just kidding. Must have a Florida tag, cause we got a lot of drivers like that too here.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)

post #4 of 9 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 8:05 am

Not someone you'd like to stay behind for very long huh.

Here's yet another argument for the subject I brought up a couple of days ago. (maritime law)
saying that motorcycles should be exempt from certain traffic rules, and be able to (legally) do everything they can to avoid a collision or putting themselves in a bad spot.

Yet the law says you can't "speed" by him.

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #5 of 9 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:49 am

Looks familiar! Wife & I snapped these on the boulevard right by the house. Yeah he wasn't doin' no 75. He was struggling with 30. Front wheels were all bowed out. We stayed outta his lane...

Ride On!

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL
post #6 of 9 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:56 am

Looks like HWY 205 just before windmill ridge ?

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #7 of 9 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 2:00 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman587
And you took this picture with in car camrea, right? Both hands on the steering wheel.

Just kidding. Must have a Florida tag, cause we got a lot of drivers like that too here.
Oops! I think I used one of my hands, if I recall. How much is that ticket?

I always bring my camera with me when I'm working on the freeways all day. I am definately one of those phototaking/rubberneckers.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #8 of 9 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 2:46 pm

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...4-2862,00.html

Don Mosley MSgt, USAF, Retired
Colorado Springs, CO
05 K1200LT, 06 F650GS

post #9 of 9 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 5:38 pm

A number of years ago I came up on a small car running down the road well under the speed limit. They had a number of sheets of plywood on the roof, driver was holding on to one side, passanger had the other side. They were going well under posted on a curvy road and I guess I might have crowded them a little so they did speed up a little, well, turns out they got going a little faster than what they should have and when a semi passed them from the other side, they lost thier grip and the plywood went air born. I was close enough so it went right over my p/u and got the car behind me, Cleveland County Sheriff deputy right on the windshield. I pulled out and passed when they stopped and never looked back.

B D R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in