For those old enough to remember - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 1:01 pm Thread Starter

For those old enough to remember

http://oldfortyfives.com:80/DYRT.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 1:43 pm

Having been born in '65, most of that stuff was not in my childhood.
post #3 of 15 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 2:07 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Having been born in '65, most of that stuff was not in my childhood.
'65??? '65???? Are you sure???? Boy, am I getting old. I have been married almost as long as you have been alive.

God bless:

Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #4 of 15 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 3:01 pm

Smile

Remember it well (been there done that)
post #5 of 15 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 4:32 pm

Unfortunately, yup, remember most of them!!!!!!!!1

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #6 of 15 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 11:20 pm

'63er here - yea, I remember almost all of that. Few things I remember hearing about.

Things didn't move so fast out here back then.

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #7 of 15 Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:16 am

Sure do. Some of it looked just as funny at first as it looks now.
post #8 of 15 Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:41 am

Born in '62 so most of that was a tad before my time.
post #9 of 15 Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 9:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
Born in '62 so most of that was a tad before my time.
You guys really make me feel old...I have underwear that is older than you...

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #10 of 15 Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 4:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
You guys really make me feel old...I have underwear that is older than you...
Eeewwww...hope its been washed a few times in those years. I have a guy that works for me who was born in '83..I like to tease him that my lunch box is older than him (playmate cooler I got in '81).
post #11 of 15 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:36 am

I sure do.

My next bday will make an offical perfert(age 69).

My mother had aproblem in the base which required that the rug be replaced. The installer started to remove theold carpet, then rolled up the sections and secured it with DUCT tape. The worker were you men so I asked how did you hold the rolls before DUCT tape?

He looked at me an said there has always been DUCT.

Showing my age I guess!
post #12 of 15 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 1:18 pm

Thanks for the memories Chick, I think.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #13 of 15 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 3:41 pm

Garage
Nope!

A 1968 baby here!

Talk to me about pong, cable tv and rubik cubes! 80's rocked!!!!!!!!!!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #14 of 15 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 6:32 pm

Here's another one for you youngsters Bonanza_6...wmv (5.8 MB),

Hope your not using a dial-up connnection

Pat Rourke
White Lake,MI.
2002 K1200 LTC, Champange

post #15 of 15 Old Feb 6th, 2008, 12:35 pm

I saw this on another forum and thought that it was apropos. I especially liked the ones I put in bold.

The Spoiled Under 30 Crowd

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!
When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were when they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning ... uphill BOTH ways .. yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that...

I'm over the ripe old age of thirty , I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it but you kids today you don't know how good you've got it!

1. When I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalog!!

2. There was no email! ! We had to actually write somebody a letter ... with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!

3. There were no MP3's or Napsters! You wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

4. We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

5. And we didn't have fancy Caller ID Boxes either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

6. We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like ' Space Invaders' and 'asteroids' and the graphics were horrible! Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! . Just like LIFE!

7. When you went to the movie theater there no such thing as stadium seating! All the seats were the same height! If a tall guy or some old broad with a hat sat in front of you and you couldn't see, you were just screwed!

8. Sure, we had cable television, but back then that was only like 15 channels and there was no onscreen menu! You had to use a little book called a [/bTV Guide[/b] to find out what was on!

And there was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons!

9. And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove or go build a fire ... imagine that! If we wanted popcorn, we had to use that stupid JiffyPop thing or a pan with HOT oil and Real popcorn kernels and shake it all over the stove forever like an idiot.

10. When we were on the phone with our friends and our parents walked-in, we were stuck to the wall with a cord, a 7 foot cord that ran to the phone - not the phone base, the actual phone. We barely had enough length to sit on the floor and still be able to twirl the phone cord in our fingers. If you suddenly had to go to the bathroom - guess what we had to do.....hang up and talk to them later.

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled . You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980!

Regards,

The over 30 Crowd

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in