Today, I don't mind northeast Ohio so much... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 6:42 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Today, I don't mind northeast Ohio so much...

The phone rings early this morning. The caller at the other end informs the wife & I that there is no school today due to snow ... ice ... whatever. It's "all good" . . . today. You see, not only do our kids rejoice, but the wife & I work at the school district as well. Good times.

So I come out to the kitchen and pour my cup of java. Catch up on the morning's forums. Grin at the thought of those southern boys COMMUTING TO WORK on their bikes. It's an easier pill to swallow this morning.

I think I'll go back to bed for awhile. You boys have fun at work.
Especially you Mr. Dragon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 6:52 am

GRRRRRRR!!!!

It was a balmy 24 coming in this morning here in sunny South Texas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 7:30 am

Cool, so you get a family day.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."

post #4 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 7:39 am

Enjoy, Joe!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #5 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 7:42 am

Yeah, snow days are good. Now I don't have to run into the bank and pay bills today. I actually might get something good for lunch with mom at home!

Neil '00 K1200LT '08 KLR
"Far away, is far away...
Only if you don't go!!!"
post #6 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 7:48 am

Joe, did you forget to take your medication today?

This white stuff is driving me crazy. But, hey, it is Feb. 1 so winter is almost over, right?????

Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #7 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 8:23 am

Forget the snow, we will heading towards 85 degree temps for the next several days; now if I could just figure out how to get the bike to the Grand Caymans!

Have a good slumber Joe, we will be thinking about you all.

Bon Voyage

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #8 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 9:55 am Thread Starter

OK . . . 10:45, time to get up!
My little darlin's got the eggs and bacon on, and the kids are still asleep.
Life is good.

02/01/08 - Only a few more weeks of this crappy weather and I can start riding the GT to work. Doin' my best Dave Dragon imatation.
( And you do know that's the purest form of flattery, doncha? )
post #9 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 10:18 am

Garage
As someone who has been a Teacher and an Administratorin a school system for over 20 years.

Snow Days Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #10 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 10:33 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB1019
Snow Days Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just sent that pic to a boatload of people! Thanks Rob!!!
post #11 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 10:52 am
Gold Supporter

It was 31 here today, but the sun was shinning so I rode...I am really starting to think snow might not be so bad....nah...never mind...Hey Joe, what's for lunch?

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #12 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 11:17 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewuff
Hey Joe, what's for lunch?
Still full from brunch. Might-as-well wait for supper later on at this point. Friday night is pizza & Guinness night! Woohoo!
post #13 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 11:33 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Still full from brunch. Might-as-well wait for supper later on at this point. Friday night is pizza & Guinness night! Woohoo!
Joe you must have moved farther east. It's rain'n at my abode. Drove to work in the rain, the snow from last night has melted . . . whatsup in the next county and the pu__y district next door!

Whoops I stand corrected . . .
Guess those overpaid teachers want another long week-end!

ALERT: Chagrin Falls Schools are closed today
Friday, February 1st, 2008
--------------------------------------------------
PTO BINGO NIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
MIDDLE SCHOOL SKI CLUB HAS BEEN CANCELLED (because of snow?)

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #14 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 11:55 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell
Guess those overpaid teachers want another long week-end!
RIIIIGGGHHHTTTT.... I guess we should let the lowest bidder teacher my children how to read and write. Perhaps we pay them a nickel more than the migrant workers.

It works so well for the Federal Government right???

Try spending an hour with 20 kids (5 years or teenagers- no difference) and teach them something. NOT EASY!!!!!!!!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #15 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 1:16 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB1019
RIIIIGGGHHHTTTT.... I guess we should let the lowest bidder teacher my children how to read and write. Perhaps we pay them a nickel more than the migrant workers.

It works so well for the Federal Government right???

Try spending an hour with 20 kids (5 years or teenagers- no difference) and teach them something. NOT EASY!!!!!!!!
Nope not my cup of tea. Our superintendent gets $150K+ for one high school, middle and elementary. Alway scores in the top % tile and was judged to be in the top 100 in the country, but my taxes just went up over $900/yr for another school levy so they can bring in foreign exchange students and start Chinese classes. Guess we should be able to understand our old enemy!

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #16 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 3:41 pm
Gold Supporter

Well hell since this thread already got hyjacked maybe this will relate to some of you:

http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #17 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 7:05 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Good to hear the schools are being proactive and teaching something useful.

If I had kids you can bet they'd be learning Chinese. With over a billion people and their newly-discovered taste for capitalism China is definitely to be a force to be reckoned with.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #18 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 10:05 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewuff
Well hell since this thread already got hyjacked maybe this will relate to some of you:

http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/
What a strange questionaire. But 30 of those little freaks are going DOWN!
post #19 of 19 Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 12:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
What a strange questionaire. But 30 of those little freaks are going DOWN!
I only got 27!!! and I should be able to take more than you Joe!!!!

Neil '00 K1200LT '08 KLR
"Far away, is far away...
Only if you don't go!!!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in