For all you ole pharts.... like me!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Jan 30th, 2008, 9:40 am Thread Starter

For all you ole pharts.... like me!!

I looked around the site for a previous run of this - didn't find nuttin'. Thought for sure here is where I got it, butt maybe not. Anyway, from one ole car buff to 'nuther - enjoy! Apologies to those on dial-up.

Top down, revs up here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Jan 30th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Hey, watch it Dick, I resemble that there remark!!! Trouble is, I remember too many of those cars, songs and movies. Great memories, thanks............

Ray

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #3 of 13 Old Jan 30th, 2008, 8:40 pm

Yep Dick, Been there, done that.

Mine was a '55 Chevy, 327, ported, 4bbl, dual exhaust, 4 spd, 4:11 posi-traction, Hurst shifter, etc., etc.. Sure spent a lot of time and money on that car. Wish I had it now! (to sell)

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 13 Old Jan 30th, 2008, 9:19 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Yep Dick, Been there, done that.

Mine was a '55 Chevy, 327, ported, 4bbl, dual exhaust, 4 spd, 4:11 posi-traction, Hurst shifter, etc., etc.. Sure spent a lot of time and money on that car. Wish I had it now! (to sell)
Hey, Dave - I thought CA wuz full of those '55s while you were out there?!! Or is it Puerto Rico??

Hope I don't jinx it, butt I think I've finally sold Cheryl's '55 T-Bird. Feller up in Iowa is driving down next week with dough in hand. We'll prolly have seller's remorse before he gets back to Iowa!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy (2) of T-bird 2.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	16347  
post #5 of 13 Old Jan 30th, 2008, 9:28 pm

Smile

Great memories! First car was a 55 Chevy 265 V8 3-speed. 2nd 60 impala Sport Coupe 348 3ducks factory 4 speed and the only 60 Chevy I ever saw with factory padded dash. As Jay Leno says, the old cars had metal dashes, that way after a wreck they could just wash them off and sell them to the next guy. 3rd new 68 Roadrunner, the fastest car I have ever owned for straight line driving.

Ride 'em if you got 'em.
post #6 of 13 Old Jan 30th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Thumbs up

Those first few pictures where brand new and way to expensive for me when I first started driving. Fun show.
post #7 of 13 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 6:21 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLTex
Great memories! First car was a 55 Chevy 265 V8 3-speed. 2nd 60 impala Sport Coupe 348 3ducks factory 4 speed and the only 60 Chevy I ever saw with factory padded dash. As Jay Leno says, the old cars had metal dashes, that way after a wreck they could just wash them off and sell them to the next guy. 3rd new 68 Roadrunner, the fastest car I have ever owned for straight line driving.

My first car was a 68 Road Runner The guy I sold it to rolled it 2 weeks after he he bought it. Man I wish I had that car now.

Stevie Shreeve
post #8 of 13 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 7:37 am

Well, I did not drive then but I did watch " American Graffiti" and liked the cars. Cool music also, bought the album.

"BONES" <///><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #9 of 13 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 7:40 am

Jeez Dick, you had to do that did'nt you. What a trip down memory lane. Funny how we never forget our first rides. I remember my 3 best like it was yesterday.

First was a real sleeper, "57" Ford Farlaine 500 4door, 312cui, 3/4 race cam and dual quads, looked like "Granpa's car until you fired it up. Next came a "41" Willy's coupe that I shoe horned a 409 cui. into, that one was full race but still street legal, God would that Willy's fly. Then I sort of tamed it down and got a "62" Vette ragtop, 327, dual quads, 4 speed , posi. He--he ---he.

Wish I still had them all

Pat Rourke
White Lake,MI.
2002 K1200 LTC, Champange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 13 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 8:28 am

'59 Chevy Bisquane, 335 with 3 deuces and 4 on the floor......................
456 rear end............................................... ..................................
The dual pipes each had two resonators and no mufflers for good exhaust flow
Only thing that outran me was the Corvette with 2 quads......................
(and, of course that damned '60 Dodge)
Even @ .28 per gallon the 8 miles per gallon went thru it pretty fast.

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #11 of 13 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 8:58 pm

I remember gas at $0.12 per gal.

I had the car everyone wanted 1961 corvette 315 Fi ,4 speed ,411 rear & both tops.
Car new $5800.00.

JB as new frame off rebuild $160,000.00. If we only knew.

Ride safe.
post #12 of 13 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 9:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Hey, Dave - I thought CA wuz full of those '55s while you were out there?!! Or is it Puerto Rico?? ---------------------
I was living in South Carolina when I had the Chevy. I drove (and constantly tinkered with) that from early '62 until late '65.

I have a lot of fond memories of that car, but if I was put in it right now I would probably think "What a piece of crap". The years of development in cars have relegated that antique to the "what were they thinking" stage. It sure was a lot of fun, and really started me fully down the engineering path.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #13 of 13 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 10:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
I was living in South Carolina when I had the Chevy. I drove (and constantly tinkered with) that from early '62 until late '65.

I have a lot of fond memories of that car, but if I was put in it right now I would probably think "What a piece of crap". The years of development in cars have relegated that antique to the "what were they thinking" stage. It sure was a lot of fun, and really started me fully down the engineering path.
I hear ya. Ed Zackery the deal with the T-Bird. I tell ya, folks musta been smaller back in '55. With either top on, I'm the entertainment factor tryin' to git in, or out, of that car. Gotta git in head first, practically layin' down and haul everythang else in; then sit upright. Once in, the ergos are ok --- butt I keep thinkin' I gotta git out!!! That part just isn't fun - butt with the tops off, it's a hoot. 4 Bbl V-8 w/3 on the floor, twice-pipes, with glass-paks.

Now twelve years later, the '67 Goat is much easier to git in/out - more like current autos. Ample interior room - even for back seat passengers. Another fun car to drive, too. I'm keepin' that one - weighs 3,700 pounds and I paid $1 a pound for it new!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in