Warning to IL Residents - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 1:05 pm Thread Starter

Angry Warning to IL Residents

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this, but if not I'm sure it will be moved. As many in and around Illinois know, we can only have firearms in our homes or while at a hunting/gun range. We can not bear, (as in carry permits), any firearms for self defence. Those of you that live in the forty-eight states that can read and follow the U.S.Constitution may think that this is out of the "twilight zone", but for IL residents it's the nightmare we live. Most Chicago residents are'nt even allowed to own a gun at all. Now Cook County IL wants to pass the so called, "Safe Streets/Weapons Registration Ordinance". The title is purposely deceiving. Besides banning all gun shops in Cook County,many types of guns would be outright banned. Certain pump-type and semi-auto shotguns and rifles, plus any handgun that does not have a loaded chamber indicator, would be banned. That means many semi-auto pistols and ALL revolvers, bye bye. All firearms would have to be registered with the Cook County Sheriff. Here's the "Catch-22". The only guns that even "could" be registered are guns that are "currently" registered. Except for Chicago, the state of Illinois does not require guns to be registered, therefore most guns could not be registered and MUST be turned in to the Sheriff. While Illinois residents already are defenseless outside our homes, we would then also be left defenseless (by law), in our homes as well.

Everybody watch and take notes so that this can't happen in your state( non IL residents), or community( IL residents). Residents of Cook County Illinois take action, NOW!!! 1) Call Larry Suffredin at 1-312-603-6383 and tell him you're against this crap, 2) Call you Cook County Commissioner at 1-312-5500. They can direct your call to your commissioner, then tell him or her to vote against ALL Cook county gun control schemes. 3) Vote AGAINST Larry Suffredin in the State's Attorney primary February 5th,2008. 4) Tell everyone you know that live in Cook County so that they can take action.

When you call you may be told that you are missinformed( that what Larry's office told me). Stand your ground and tell them the facts(they hate it when YOU know the facts). You can find out more at www.isra.org. This is the website for the Illinois State Rifle Association, of which I'm a Life Member. They sent me the warning through the mail and I've telling everyone since.

This past weekend in Chicago there were two home invasions reported in the news. Both invasions were carried out using four criminals. During both home invasions someone living in that home was shot and later died, one was a six year old boy that was shot in the head. Cook County politicians are more than likely relived that NO criminals were harmed during either home invasion. If new ordinance passes, these occurances will become "normal".
Please help to stop this gross infringement on our Constitution, and our very lives.

Thanks in Advance,

Jeff Johnson
2009 Forest green Invacare powerchair
2007 Blue/dark lowers R1200RT(smacked,fixed,sold)
2005 Dark Gray LT (traded)
2002 Silver LTC (deceased 07-05-2005 by SUV)
2000 H-D FLHTP-I Cop Bike (traded for'02 LTC)
1982 H-D XLH (sold in 2002 for cop bike)
1980 H-D Low Rider (stolen by low-lifes)
1977 Triumph Tiger (sold)
1973 Honda CB450 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 3:44 pm

For those of you that dont know, Cook County (often referred to as "Crook County) is the county in which the City of Chicago and many suburbs are in.

The counties that border Cook are referred to as "collar counties" are pro 2nd amendment. Its seems to be the opinoin of the Cook County board and Chicago's Mayor Daley that the State of Illinois exists at their pleasure.

This politician is a nut job, but if he wins the democratic nomination in Cook County he will be 99% assured to win as States Attorney as it is about 100% democrat. (No slam on the democrats, its just the reality of Cook County and the city of chicago)

The Peoples Republic of Illinois has trampled on the 2nd ammenment for decades. I can only hope this idiot dosent get nominated. I live in McHenry County so I cant vote against him.

BTW if they use the line of that the Fraternal Order of Police and Illinois Police Chiefs back this nonsense everyone should realize the politics involved. This LEO (16yrs of experience) is an NRA member and is totally pro 2nd amendment

Tom
post #3 of 9 Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 5:49 pm

And when they disarm us all, one county at a time, it's all over folks.

I've really been following the Washington D.C., Supreme Court debacle. There is no way of knowing how that one will fall, but the ruling is pivotal on how other city/jurisdications wll/can react to their so called gun laws.

As far as I'm concerned, the cold, dead fingers thang is my belief.

Professional politicians need to go away.

Listen to the latest, in our area, pro-politician's thoughts: They're proposing to come on our land and put a meter on our wells, wells that we've paid for and maintain. Then they want to charge us for the water. To do this, they will have to either come over, or through my fence, or gate. I will seriously consider this trespassing and may even fear for my life with all them nasty wrenches being around. I think if this passes, I'll even put a lock on my pump house. There are some old Texas ranchers, good old boys, that I know that will die before they allow this to happen. I'm purdy sure the rationale behind this is the fact that more folks in Comal County, TX don't have a well, as opposed to those of us that do, and they really don't give a flip if this happens.

What exactly is going thru the professional politician's head, beside what they can do to advance their own career? They need to go away.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 24th, 2008, 8:53 am
KIC

By the time they head out this direction with those anti-American laws, they will have a hell of a fire-fight on their hands.

We have more guns than water out here !!
Attached Images

PROUD FATHER OF A MILITARY DAUGHTER !.
She's for sale
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

There are those who ride BMW's.. and those who wish they did.

Ron's R11/1 Vergasser's - 1st Wingman

Sophmore : BMWLT - University of Luxury Touring Education

2000 K1200LTC Champagne SOLD 7-08
2006 KLR 650 - RED- The fast dual sport color !
2002 TW 200 - White/Blue - #1,The wife's CRF replacement.
2002 TW 200 - WhiteBlue - #2, My matching toy
2001 XT 225 - White/Blue - Sold 7/08
92 K75S Red and fast (sadly gone)

Yamaha YZ 250 for the dirt ( still good use for a smokin' 2-stroke !) In critical care 4/08
Honda CRF 230F - Wifey's dirt fun. (Sold)
Many Honda 750 F's (May they Rest In Peace)
post #5 of 9 Old Jan 24th, 2008, 9:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
And when they disarm us all, one county at a time, it's all over folks.

I've really been following the Washington D.C., Supreme Court debacle. There is no way of knowing how that one will fall, but the ruling is pivotal on how other city/jurisdications wll/can react to their so called gun laws.

As far as I'm concerned, the cold, dead fingers thang is my belief.

Professional politicians need to go away.

Listen to the latest, in our area, pro-politician's thoughts: They're proposing to come on our land and put a meter on our wells, wells that we've paid for and maintain. Then they want to charge us for the water. To do this, they will have to either come over, or through my fence, or gate. I will seriously consider this trespassing and may even fear for my life with all them nasty wrenches being around. I think if this passes, I'll even put a lock on my pump house. There are some old Texas ranchers, good old boys, that I know that will die before they allow this to happen. I'm purdy sure the rationale behind this is the fact that more folks in Comal County, TX don't have a well, as opposed to those of us that do, and they really don't give a flip if this happens.

What exactly is going thru the professional politician's head, beside what they can do to advance their own career? They need to go away.
A big worry about the Supreme Court ruling is that other Amendments hinge on the same 'individual' rights - take away one and the others are in danger. I mention this because a federal agent I know put more emphasis on that one fact than anyone I have talked with. It not just a simple issue of the right to own and carry a weapon, which I believe every law biding citizen of this country has.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #6 of 9 Old Jan 24th, 2008, 11:53 am

My German friends get taxed on...rain water!!

I guess they take the sq ft of the roof and charge that way...

they have barrels that catch the water from the roof-run off.

They need to establish one state for all the bleedin' hearts to move to, no guns, everyone gets cell phones to call 911 so they can make out the reports on all the shee...err, I mean, victims.

asshatz.....some folks need to get a real job instead of wasting their time on that stuff.

by the way, isn't IL the state that was killling all those innocents on death row all those years??? golly, can't wait to get pulled over in that state!!!!!
post #7 of 9 Old Jan 25th, 2008, 8:02 am Thread Starter

Isn't ironic that the state that the President who stopped a bunch of states from leaving the Union during the 1860's, is also one of a few states that in a way has(left the Union)? I read the proposed ordinance on the NRA website and it's beyond stupid. They got us no matter what. Even lasersights, which could prevent you from accidently shooting a neighbor, and/or make your assailant rethink his/her intentions, are(yep, you guessed it) banned.
My goal is to try my best to make Illinois rejoin the Union, or as soon as possible I'll be moving to Indiana. Maybe the politicians are trying to make, "Safe Streets", for criminals in a warped sense of "professional courtesy

Jeff Johnson
2009 Forest green Invacare powerchair
2007 Blue/dark lowers R1200RT(smacked,fixed,sold)
2005 Dark Gray LT (traded)
2002 Silver LTC (deceased 07-05-2005 by SUV)
2000 H-D FLHTP-I Cop Bike (traded for'02 LTC)
1982 H-D XLH (sold in 2002 for cop bike)
1980 H-D Low Rider (stolen by low-lifes)
1977 Triumph Tiger (sold)
1973 Honda CB450 (sold)

Last edited by tazz56; Jan 25th, 2008 at 8:07 am. Reason: adding a thought
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 25th, 2008, 8:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldbikin
My German friends get taxed on...rain water!!
Same in the UK, only we are charged a notional 'sewage' charge for the water company processing the run-off! Even if your meter (if you have one) shows you used NO water at all, you still get hit with the sewage charge, even if you collect every drop of rain and process it back into your own land.....
post #9 of 9 Old Jan 26th, 2008, 11:33 pm

If you like the IL/Chicago gun laws, just look at what happened to Hawaii.

When I lived there in the mid 1960s, there were very few.

Now, a citizen can't own a handgun and certainly can't get a Concealed Carry permit.

I had been thinking about moving back, until I found this out. As an ex-cop, I will always own a handgun. My experience has shown me the police do not protect you (they cannot, leagally nor logistically), all they do is clean up the mess and try to catch the perpetrator, neither of which helps you if you are dead or seriously injured.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in