This sucks!!! (For animal lovers) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Dec 15th, 2007, 10:36 am Thread Starter
Gold Supporter

This sucks!!! (For animal lovers)

This blog is from a friend of mine about a situation I have followed closely and took an active part in providing financial assistance for legal fees. To give a little more background Tammy owns "Dogs Deserve Better" an organization that educates pet owners about the ills of chaining dogs up outside. She has been at this for a few years now and has really made a huge difference in the areas where she has representatives working. One of her staff told her about her neighbor's dog who was old and had been lying on the ground for three days without moving, no food and no water. They went to see if he was still alive (they were smart enough to take a video camera and record the entire thing) and found him on death's door. They took him to a vet who brought him back and then they kept him in a caring foster home to continue his road to recovery. The police got involved and arrested Tammy for taking the dog. We all assumed when the lawyers saw the video they would drop the case and maybe go after the owners of the dog for negligence, but......

http://petsitusa. com/blog/ ?p=848

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Dec 15th, 2007, 10:48 am

Jerry... "the road to Perdition is paved with good intentions." Why didn't the other animal protection folks step up???

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #3 of 6 Old Dec 15th, 2007, 10:56 am Thread Starter
Gold Supporter

Here is Tammy's web site with the video of the "Rescue" (not theft) near the bottom. There are some great photos and stories about her work and the support she received through this.

http://dogsdeservebetter.com:80/doogie.html

Chan,

The other organizations think they can do it better and usually won't try to help out any other organization. They work together very much like federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies do.

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #4 of 6 Old Dec 15th, 2007, 12:58 pm

Right and Wrong

I've been saying this all my life. Right and Wrong have very, very little to do with our justice system anymore.

Laws are purchased by those who can afford to buy our politicians.

The government is controlled by people who place themselves "above" the rest of us.

He who has spent the most money and owns the legal system will prevail..

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #5 of 6 Old Dec 15th, 2007, 7:10 pm
Cat Herder

The way I read this, this could end bad for Tammy, even though the dog owners may also get their share. You all know my wife and I love animals, buts strictly legally speaking: A pet is a THING, just like your TV, or car. IN taking the dog, even though it was the right thing to do at the time, Tammy commited theft. Not passing judgement here, just as I see the legal issue. I am not a liar ah lawyer, nor have I spent the last night in a holiday inn/express. Yes, she should get her day in court, and maybe her peers can find a way to let her off the hook. I put something into the defense fund as well, although...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewuff
Here is Tammy's web site with the video of the "Rescue" (not theft) near the bottom. There are some great photos and stories about her work and the support she received through this.

http://dogsdeservebetter.com:80/doogie.html

Chan,

The other organizations think they can do it better and usually won't try to help out any other organization. They work together very much like federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies do.
post #6 of 6 Old Dec 15th, 2007, 9:13 pm Thread Starter
Gold Supporter

Andy, unfortunately you are correct and that is what got her convicted yesterday. The prosecutor made a motion to bar the video tape, because he didn't want the jury involved in an animal rights case and the judge bought it, so her entire defense went out the window. She knew she was guilty of theft, but she was hoping to draw enough attention to get the laws changed. That isn't over yet, but she will have to appeal to state court now so that the tape can be seen in court. I think her lawyer had prepared her for loosing yesterday in the Justice Court, knowing that to get anything done this would have to go to the State Courts to get the laws changed. I hope she does and other states follow suit.

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in