Poor Service - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Sep 18th, 2007, 7:46 pm Thread Starter

Poor Service

If this fool was in the motorcycle business, he wouldn't last a week.

My truck no longer drives worth a darn, all over the road. Took it to the alignment shop recommended by a couple of business associates. They jumped right on it and informed me that I had worn out lower ball joints and a worn/noisey wheel bearing. Talked to them for a while, got an estimate to fix it and asked when they could do it. They said Tuesday, have it here first thing in the AM. Was in their lot before they opened, asked if they needed anything from me and when was it going to be done, about noon was their answer. Made plans from there and got a ride to the shop and got going on some other things. Hitched a ride back to the alignment shop about 1500. They hadn't touched my truck. Asked them for a reason and they said they couldn't find a wheel bearing, would be Friday before they could get the bearing and middle next week before they could get to it. Called 2 parts stores within walking distance, 1 had a bearing in stock and the other promised they could have one before 0730 tomorrow. Asked them why they didn't order the parts when I agreed to the work last week and why they couldn't call me about noon when it was supposed to be done and let me know they had run into a problem, they told me that I wasn't a regular customer. That set me off, told them I'd never be a customer and all the folks that had recomended them were going to hear this story from me. Screwed my schedule so bad I loose a whole day of work this week due to their incompetentance.

Rant off.

B D R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Sep 18th, 2007, 10:21 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Make a sign.. hang on back of your truck...

"If I am weaving all over, it is due to the incompetence of Joe's Alignment Shop."

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Sep 19th, 2007, 9:16 am
Lifetime Supporter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Make a sign.. hang on back of your truck...

"If I am weaving all over, it is due to the incompetence of Joe's Alignment Shop."
There we go again... It seens that it is always Joe's fault when something goes wrong...

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old Sep 19th, 2007, 9:49 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny
Asked them why they didn't order the parts when I agreed to the work last week and why they couldn't call me about noon when it was supposed to be done and let me know they had run into a problem, they told me that I wasn't a regular customer.
Yet I am sure they would have expected payment right away despite the fact that you were not a regular customer...
Now, how does one become a regular customer if they f..k up so bad the very first time???

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in