ok - what kind of bike was it? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 8:43 am Thread Starter

ok - what kind of bike was it?

Yesterday in the grocery store parking lot I saw a Scooter that had two front wheels - one appeared to be slightly smaller than the other and they were I'd say less than a foot apart. It was riding past me so I didnt get a better look

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 8:46 am

Probably one of these

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 10:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly
Probably one of these
I like it, signed up for a test ride.
Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge

Rock

post #4 of 12 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 10:16 am

A guy brought one out to CCR for demo rides. Dave Dragon was scraping it right off the bat. I was a leetle tentative (I get that way if it's not mine) and at 250cc it just wouldn't get the front wheels off the ground no matter what effort was applied.

Kewl concept, especially being able to lock/unlock the wheels at will. If they made them with a larger displacement and more like a motorcycle it would make a great alternative to a trike when we get to the point we can't hold one up anymore.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #5 of 12 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 11:36 am Thread Starter

cool -- thanks

Ok that looks like it might have been it - the front wheels looked a little different but then again it was moving.

Thinking this might be an option for my daughter (19) who has some nerve damage in her legs from her type I diabetes

appreciate the font of knowledge in this place as always
post #6 of 12 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 8:43 am

On the way back home from CCR we accidently () ended up at the Little Rock, Ar. BMW shop. They have them there also. The sales dude was reading me the specs and top speed was listed at 77 mph. That's wide open throttle and when you add two people and luggage to it, it will not be safe to go anywhere on it.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #7 of 12 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 12:16 pm Thread Starter

I was more thinking of a college commuting bike.

She got her motorcycle license before her car one. Unfortunately due to some bad decisions when she turned 18 when she decided she didn't want to be a diabetic anymore - she ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks (8 days in ICU) at Christmas time. Luckily her kidneys came back to life and she is much better now (in many ways) but she has done permanent nerve damage to her legs including Drop Foot where she cant pull her left foot back up towards her. So shifting may be an issue - plus Im not 100 percent certain that she can keep a bike upright at a stop to be honest. Im just looking at ways to put her back on two wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones
On the way back home from CCR we accidently () ended up at the Little Rock, Ar. BMW shop. They have them there also. The sales dude was reading me the specs and top speed was listed at 77 mph. That's wide open throttle and when you add two people and luggage to it, it will not be safe to go anywhere on it.
post #8 of 12 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 12:36 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipedout

She got her motorcycle license before her car one. Unfortunately due to some bad decisions when she turned 18 when she decided she didn't want to be a diabetic anymore - she ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks (8 days in ICU) at Christmas time. Luckily her kidneys came back to life and she is much better now (in many ways) but she has done permanent nerve damage to her legs including Drop Foot where she cant pull her left foot back up towards her. So shifting may be an issue - plus Im not 100 percent certain that she can keep a bike upright at a stop to be honest. Im just looking at ways to put her back on two wheels.

The MP3 is a lot of fun. Keep this in mind though. It is not a trike. You must have the skills to ride a motorcycle to ride it safely. Once you come to a stop you can lock the front wheels, but that feature is designed for parking it, not for holding it up at a stop light...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #9 of 12 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 12:58 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Ted - understood
post #10 of 12 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 1:06 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Thanks Ted - understood
VESPA/Piaggio makes two models that are 50cc. For surface streets under 40mph they would be much easier to ride. The MP3 is quite heavy...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #11 of 12 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 8:26 pm

My son is handicapped (Spina Bifida) and his ankle strength is way compromised. He gets very excited when I tell him that he'll be able to ride a motorcycle on the street someday with me, because of innovations like this. He's 15 now, so I'm guessing in about 10 years his options will be plentiful. Then he and I can tour together. That'll be sweet.
post #12 of 12 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 9:17 am

Quote:

That would be an awesome commuter bike. It did seam kinda heavy but it was not a small bike. It did seam pretty cool if you never wanted to go down the highway for any distance.

P.S. I got a wife and 16 year old son who are also insulin dependent. I know EXACTLY what you are dealing with.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in