Sign of Aging - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 10:56 am Thread Starter

Sign of Aging

At the dirt drags on Sunday 9-9-07 races are over. As the Rodeo starts, I'm ready to split. JD 1 of the promoters of the event, tells me I have to stay for the tire throwing contest.
I haven't tossed a tire in over 2 years, it got to the point around here, if I was throwing people would not enter the contest. (I have been disqualified once, for clearing the beer wagon of some shit talkers, but my throw measured 8' longer than the next guy) However no one has out distanced me in over 30 years.
I look at the group of younger guys,"one of them is gonna beat me" I ask. JD says "no not them, him", pointing at a very stout guy 310-320 about 5'11" walking over from the back of the pavillion.
Okay I'm in, walk over where the kids are taking practice throws. I grab the tire walk up to the line, swinging the tire from side to side, I tell them " You know the rules, if you don't reach the 1st line (50'), on your next throw you have to pull your pants down around your ankles and throw from the girls line! I 1/2 spin and launch a couple feet past the line, way harder than I remember. 2 other guys make it past the line and this guy Mike goes last. He does the full 1+1/2 spin and is 5' past me.
Long story short after 3 throws a tie and a toss off, the guy beat me by over a foot.
We are shaking hands, JD's laughing, "You two haven't been properly introduced; Mike is a Champion Thrower at the Highland Games, we invited him down after games ended lastnight
Shit; I could settle for the fact that I'm 15 years older than him, he is a Pro, I haven't done it in years, that I'm getting old
OR
I could start using the site I laid out,(monday morning) practice with a pick up tire like I used to do, go back and beat him!
Think I'll take the 2nd option.
Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 2:44 pm

Not "old" Rock . . . SOFT!
post #3 of 4 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 4:59 pm

LOL!!!

A Ringer and you still almost made it!!! That's awesome.
When it comes to throwing heavy stuff up in the air, it sure makes you humble to see how strong some of them Highlanders are! Sounds like a good time!

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)

post #4 of 4 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 11:28 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Setup!!! They got ya, Rock!! heheeh.. nice job! Ya got some good bud's there... respect you enough to bring in the HEAVY... hahah..

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in