BMW MOA ... Should I renew? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:42 pm Thread Starter

BMW MOA ... Should I renew?

Time to renew my membership next month, but I can't seem to find enough of a reason. Whatta y'all think? $32 won't make me or break me, but that is 2 tanks of gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:44 pm
Lifetime Supporter

if you have to ask us I would guess the answer is no.

I like the mag so I subscribe.

Mike in Pittsburgh

2000 K1200LT Canyon Red
1983 Honda GL650I Silverwing Interstate
post #3 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:46 pm
Bouncer

The magazine is worth it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:53 pm

The anonymous book is priceless and I just downright like moto mags, but then again, I likes to read.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #5 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 2:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
but then again, I likes to read.
RIF! or is it gRIF?
post #6 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 3:46 pm

MOA Renew

I can see your point. If you are doing it just for the magazine, it is very pricey when most subscriptions go for $12 a year. As for the ANON book, I tried it once and got no where. Also it seems that it is even more of a suck up to BMW NA than ever before. For example, why don't they take them to task on the FD issue? What if the failure rate is 4%? It would be too much at 1%! When is the last time you or anyone you know blew a rear end in a car? Unheard of except on the track.

Having said all that I have been a member since 1993 and will continue to renew. $32, rounding error.

Redrider
2000 K1200LT
2003 K1200RS

post #7 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 3:48 pm

Garage
blast from the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
RIF! or is it gRIF?

Wow. I hadn't thought of those Reading Is Fundamental commercials in for-freaking-ever!

Heracleitus

'12 Victory Cross Country Vivian Vader
'07 LT
die Blau Frau SOLD!
MBW-MOA Member #140221
post #8 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 4:17 pm

Stay!

Hi Joe!

Jeff said stay for the ON. Grif said stay for The Anonymous Book.

They're BOTH right!

The Platinum Package with towing and other goodies is not worth it. I have had NO luck using their tow company, but the A Book has saved my butt twice!

And, Vince is doing a fine job with the Owners News!

J. Averill Townsend
Bloomfield Hills, MI

IBA# 24374

2002 K1200LTC - Silver
1978 R100/7 - Very, very Black
2004 Bushtec Quantum - Silver, of course...(SOLD)

post #9 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 5:58 pm

Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATownsend
Hi Joe!

Jeff said stay for the ON. Grif said stay for The Anonymous Book.

They're BOTH right!

The Platinum Package with towing and other goodies is not worth it. I have had NO luck using their tow company, but the A Book has saved my butt twice!

And, Vince is doing a fine job with the Owners News!

Ditto and Ditto +1

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
post #10 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 6:02 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Renew for all the reasons already mentioned, plus they have a web site. I've been there rarely but there may be valuable content on it. For me, the magazine is the main reason to subscribe.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #11 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 6:12 pm

It is really your call. The question you need to ask yourself is, does the mag and the AB have value to you and more specifically, do you get $32.00 worth of value? Those are the two main benefits cited by others as reason to keep renewing. There is also the website, is that of interest to you, for some it is for others it is of little value. If you are looking for an organization that will advocate on the behalf of BMW motorcycle owners, the final drive failures come to mind, then forget MOA, they simply have not and it seems will not advocate for the BMW riding community to the parent company.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #12 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 6:36 pm

I do it for the mag and the Anon book...
post #13 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 7:43 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo1137
The question you need to ask yourself is, does the mag and the AB have value to you and more specifically, do you get $32.00 worth of value?
I "used" to think those two things were worth the $32. But lately, I'm not so sure. I don't seem to read much of the magazine as of late. And the two times that I broke down on the road, my cell phone and the phone numbers of certain bmwlt.com members is what saved me. The only thing the Anon Book bought me was the phone numbers of the closest dealers. But I could've got those by calling home. So you see my dilemma.

To be COMPLETELY honest here, the only reason I can see to continue my membership is to continue donning my BMW MOA sticker on my bike with pride. Otherwise, I should remove it.

Hhmmn...
post #14 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 8:14 pm

Well scrape the sticker, and move on to the next chapter of your so called life, as dismal as it may be its still your life............ ..........Pete
post #15 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 8:44 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petepeterson
as dismal as it may be its still your life............
Ya don't know me very well Pete. I'm a LOT of things . . . but "dismal"?
Ummn . . . . . . . . . . . . . no.
post #16 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 8:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Ya don't know me very well Pete. I'm a LOT of things . . . but "dismal"?
Ummn . . . . . . . . . . . . . no.
No way dismal... Hookin' up the new line o' work tomorrow. Try not to smile too much!

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #17 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 9:48 pm

Well, nobody's mentioned the nifty pin... on a steek.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #18 of 24 Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002redrider
When is the last time you or anyone you know blew a rear end in a car? Unheard of except on the track.

My CTS-V rear has been replaced 3 times.....none of it track related.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #19 of 24 Old Sep 4th, 2007, 2:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002redrider
I When is the last time you or anyone you know blew a rear end in a car? Unheard of except on the track.
I had the limited slip governor blow up in my car and take the rest of the differential out in the process, never been to the track .
That was a known problem in GM's V8 powered F bodies that they elected to ignore, both in the 3rd generations and 4th. BMW isn't unique in their stance, not by a long shot.
post #20 of 24 Old Sep 4th, 2007, 7:49 am

Awwww...go for it. When you get to the point that you do not even pick up the ON mag, then let it go. Throw the Ann. book in the bike and forget about it. Maybe you can even give it to someone who needs it someday.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #21 of 24 Old Sep 4th, 2007, 10:43 am
kip

$32

invest it in gas headed to ironhorse in oct

Kip
99 LT
97 Shadow 1100
Jefferson, Ga
post #22 of 24 Old Sep 4th, 2007, 2:32 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip
invest it in gas headed to ironhorse in oct
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be able to get that time off. I should know for sure tomorrow or Thursday. If I do, I'll be there for sure. Especially since I missed CCR this year.
post #23 of 24 Old Sep 4th, 2007, 2:53 pm

No Way, Buy the 2 tanks of gas and enjoy the ride.

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

Need to stay awake

post #24 of 24 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 9:47 am

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo1137
The question you need to ask yourself is, does the mag and the AB have value to you and more specifically, do you get $32.00 worth of value?

I "used" to think those two things were worth the $32. But lately, I'm not so sure. I don't seem to read much of the magazine as of late. And the two times that I broke down on the road, my cell phone and the phone numbers of certain bmwlt.com members is what saved me. The only thing the Anon Book bought me was the phone numbers of the closest dealers. But I could've got those by calling home. So you see my dilemma.

To be COMPLETELY honest here, the only reason I can see to continue my membership is to continue donning my BMW MOA sticker on my bike with pride. Otherwise, I should remove it.

Joe, i think it prudent to discontinue, i will send you my used copies of all as i get them and even a free sticker...just pay S&H of $4.50/copy...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in