Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hiddenite, NC, USA
Did you read the article???
This is pasted directly from the article you linked to....
"liberals have called the idea insulting and patronizing to the people it aims to help"
Pronunciation[lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. (often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism.
4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
6. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
8. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.
9. characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor.
10. given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation.
11. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
12. of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts.
13. of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman.
–noun 14. a person of liberal principles or views, esp. in politics or religion.
15. (often initial capital letter) a member of a liberal party in politics, esp. of the Liberal party in Great Britain.
Can't seem to locate USA hating, Jesus hating, straight white people hating listed in this definition.
I am so very tired of the word liberal being used as slander and in total disregard for what a liberal person truly is, that is what the republican party or the pundants shilling for them want people to think a defines a liberal.
Gosh, giving, open-minded, free from prejudice or bigotry, protective of civil liberties, favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible. We need to get rid of those pinkos...
'99 LTi Champagne