Best insulting one liners - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 4:06 pm Thread Starter

Best insulting one liners

*A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease." "That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "on whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."

*"He had delusions of adequacy." - Walter Kerr

*"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."- Winston Churchill

*"A modest little person, with much to be modest about." - Winston Churchill

*"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

*"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." - William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

*"Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?" - Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)

*"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know." - Abraham Lincoln

*"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

*"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend ... if you have one." - George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

*"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one." - Winston Churchill, in response.

*"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here." - Stephen Bishop

*"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial." - Irvin S. Cobb"

*He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others." - Samuel Johnson

*"He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up." - Paul Keatin

*"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure." - Jack E. Leonard

*"He has the attention span of a lightning bolt." - Robert Redford

*"They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge." - Thomas Brackett Reed

*"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." - Charles, Count Talleyrand

*"He loves nature in spite of what it did to him." - Forrest Tucker

*"Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?" - Mark Twain

*"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

*"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts ... for support rather than illumination." - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

*"He has Van Gogh's ear for music." - Billy Wilder

*"I 've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

*"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." - Oscar Wilde

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
CBCP

I take Life with a grain of salt......and a slice of lime and a shot of Tequila
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20 grand & 2K miles don't make you a biker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I COULD TELL THEY WERE BIKERS,
IT SAID "LIVE TO RIDE" ON THEIR TRAILER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 4:43 pm

HA! Love it! I may have to use some of these.......

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #3 of 4 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 8:17 pm

It would seem that a really good insult requires exceptional intelligence. And these are really good.

Greg

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

post #4 of 4 Old Aug 21st, 2007, 8:46 pm

I have read many lists of insults, and this is (by far!) the best of the best. Thanks for sharing!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in