What color is the inside of your garage - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 1:14 pm Thread Starter

What color is the inside of your garage

My son bought a house and moved his Mustang out of my garage so I now have my 2 car garage back. I just cleaned it out with a hose and want to paint it. Ceiling will be white. Can't decide what color to paint the walls. What color is your garage painted and why?

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Gold Supporter

Who knows...with all the crap I have stacked against the wall, on shelves, or hanging from it, I can't eve see the walls.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Institutional green. I think the previous owner (Dad) liberated it from work.
not my pick.
How about checkered flag color?

Mike in Pittsburgh

2000 K1200LT Canyon Red
1983 Honda GL650I Silverwing Interstate

post #4 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 2:31 pm
Lifetime Supporter

White

It was that way when we bought the house. Reflects the light, at least where you can see it.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #5 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 2:34 pm

It's brick...
post #6 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 2:50 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Mine's kind of a speckled grey, from all the asbestos panels lining the walls. It was built before sheetrock was common, and I try to avoid drilling into the walls to hang things.

What are you going to do with the floor? There are some pretty neat garage floor coatings available these days.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #7 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 3:53 pm

Right now all white. But when we get through the heat of the Phoenix summer and I get off my lazy butt, I hope to leave the ceiling white, paint the walls red with a black base and a black strip about half way up the wall. Why? Hey who say's a garage has to be battelship grey. I want a little pizaaz.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #8 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 4:00 pm

OSB. Well that's what the walls are covered with, haven't painted. Staple things like pages out of the LT service manual with torque specs, check lists, etc, maps of places I've been and plan to ride to, motorcycle related pictures and posters

B D R
post #9 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 4:20 pm

Kraft paper BROWN, insulation. Over the work bench it is PPG-peg broad brown.

First I have to paint the floor and the maybe cover the rest of the wall with Peg Broad.

Lots of luck what ever color your wife lets you paint it.
post #10 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 5:20 pm

White slat wall from our old bike shop,with an orange and black stripe.Can you guess which brand bikes by the colors?My old garage was covered in Pabst blue ribbon "wall paper"

Jeff Bokusky

Shoreview ,Mn.

2001 K1200LT ---
1973 Harley FLH 96 c.i.
1948 Harley EL 88 c.i.
1985 kawasaki KX250
1993 honda XR 200--
1978 Triumph Bonneville
post #11 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 5:20 pm

All white. It makes the Black Widow Spiders stand out when I go on a killin spree.

Tony 05
post #12 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 5:46 pm Thread Starter

that;s funny

I had no idea I would get so many great ideas.

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650
post #13 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 6:49 pm

WHITE to maximize the light at all angles,
post #14 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 6:54 pm
Some guy on the Interwebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ed
WHITE to maximize the light at all angles,
Me too, all white to help these old tired eyes. Even put up white cabinets.

Hal
Lodi, California

If you aren't good for anything else, you can always serve as a bad example.

HDDC Posse

post #15 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 8:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefMn
White slat wall from our old bike shop,with an orange and black stripe.Can you guess which brand bikes by the colors?
KTM?
Mine is white for better light, including the floor (it needs repaited Drylock masonry sealer/paint.
Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge

Rock

post #16 of 37 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 9:45 pm

White walls, white ceiling, concrete floor.
post #17 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 12:28 am

Floor...just simple gray concrete slab.
Walls...plain and simple white walls and ceilings (where the peg board ain't)

All of it customized last week (including my wife's SUV) with a fresh splatter pattern of red...blood...lots of it. Result of a woodworking mishap. Almost lost two fingers. Two surgeries so far to re-attach tendons and nerves...including a tissue graph. One more surgery next Monday. Dumbest thing I've ever done!

One-handed typing for at least 2 months...NO RIDING...Whaaa!

post #18 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 12:46 am

Karma? . . .
post #19 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 8:56 am
Lifetime Supporter

light beige ceiling and walls (lots of light from skylights)
wainscot of teal with a red rail on top...
ribber mat floor around workspaces

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #20 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 9:30 am

White . . . with lots of florescent lighting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop 1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	13569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop 2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	13570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop 3.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	13571  
post #21 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 9:48 am

Sage and Willow walls (color-matched to interior of my Infiniti.) 50% Willow (lighter) on ceiling.

Rubbermaid brackets (dark, dark brown) for hanging bikes. tools, etc. installed at the intersection of the two tones and elsewhere. Closetmaid cabinets in satisfactory coordinating color (check out both of these items at Home Depot if you have one nearby.) Whalen 8' maple top bench (Costco if you have one.) Color coordinated outlet and switch covers (cheap, easy and distinctive upgrade.)

Floor is epoxy painted in a tan color with 50% coverage of an earth-tone mix of flecks with a granular traction layer in the clear top coat. The motorcycles park on their own charcoal-colored mats.

The total effect is darker than my old white-on-white-on-white-on concrete solution, but it looks very nice. Although the spot lamps I have currently aren't bad, I'm upgrading ceiling and bench lighting to compensate. I also exploit natural lighting now through the windows via adjustable blinds.

I added a wall mounted vacuum cleaner and am now happy to perform touch up cleaning at any time; the spiders have no chance.

If you spend any time at all in your garage, do some upgrades within whatever your budget is; you'll like it
post #22 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 10:59 am

Inside of Garage

Harley colors. 3 1/2' black stripe across the top and bottom, with same size stripe through the middle with HD emblem every 6 ft. Yes I came in from the dark side, but still have the Harley. Looking for some BMW blue paint.

Ultra LT
post #23 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 11:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitesseLT
Sage and Willow walls (color-matched to interior of my Infiniti.) 50% Willow (lighter) on ceiling.

Rubbermaid brackets (dark, dark brown) for hanging bikes. tools, etc. installed at the intersection of the two tones and elsewhere. Closetmaid cabinets in satisfactory coordinating color (check out both of these items at Home Depot if you have one nearby.) Whalen 8' maple top bench (Costco if you have one.) Color coordinated outlet and switch covers (cheap, easy and distinctive upgrade.)

Floor is epoxy painted in a tan color with 50% coverage of an earth-tone mix of flecks with a granular traction layer in the clear top coat. The motorcycles park on their own charcoal-colored mats.

The total effect is darker than my old white-on-white-on-white-on concrete solution, but it looks very nice. Although the spot lamps I have currently aren't bad, I'm upgrading ceiling and bench lighting to compensate. I also exploit natural lighting now through the windows via adjustable blinds.

I added a wall mounted vacuum cleaner and am now happy to perform touch up cleaning at any time; the spiders have no chance.

If you spend any time at all in your garage, do some upgrades within whatever your budget is; you'll like it
We need pictures! That sounds pretty cool.

I especially agree with your comment about upgrades. Do what you can afford because you will enjoy it later. My garage is my "home away from home". I spend a lot of time there and I want it to be nice. Our house is the first house that we ever designed and built. (I moved around a lot in the Army. You can't wait for a house to be built.) When we built this house my wife had her say about the upstairs. I designed the downstairs/basement for my needs. (An added benefit is that it has done wonders for our marriage to have places where we can both escape for private time.)
post #24 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 2:25 pm

You insensitive clod! Some of us don't have garages and you sit there, all high and mighty, lording over us garageless folks with your prissy little questions about paint color. What next, some question about automatic garage door openers when there are folks in the world who give their first born just to have a garage door, much less one that opens automagicly.
post #25 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 8:48 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Good thing you added a smiley there, Richard. Or are you looking for pre-CCR IM points?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #26 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 8:49 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Bummer, Tom. Good luck with the remaining surgeries and heal well.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #27 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 8:51 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
C'mon now Joe, a simple bit of bickering isn't worth losing fingers over. Too far, young man.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #28 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 9:21 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewuff
Who knows...with all the crap I have stacked against the wall, on shelves, or hanging from it, I can't eve see the walls.
+1

Can barely see the floor, either

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #29 of 37 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 10:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Too far, young man.
Ken, You ain't god, and you sure ain't the King of Karma. I just posed a simple question. You may have put too much thought into it. On second thought...
post #30 of 37 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 12:03 am

Thanks Ken!!! I appreciate your kind words.

Joe, Big ass stupidity is more the cause than anything else. About your karma statement. I almost added a line to that nature as a joke...but then realized that had it been karma..it would have worked the other way around...and I wouldn't wish that (or even play like I did) on ya' even for a minute.

Now I'm sure you got a lock on the IM award...you boldly "amplify" both terms!

Oh and BTW...be careful next time you throw a leg over the GT. I'm thinking YOUR Karma is a quart low.

post #31 of 37 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 12:11 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Karma? . . .
Nope...only good stuff coming my way...just stupid is as stupid does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Ken, I just posed a simple question. ...
Asshole? . . .

What...It's just a simple question.

post #32 of 37 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 1:31 am
IBR# 366

Garage
No, I ain't god, or King of anything. Actually, I am a Baron, but that's in an entirely different game than we play here. But snickering at someone's misfortune just because you have some ongoing online feud is in poor taste, period.

"Did you hear? Joe Blow crashed his bike and almost lost a leg. Oh well, he was a moron anyway and probably deserved it." You may have typed a single-word question, but your intent was immediately clear to everyone. I'm just the first one who wasn't afraid to call you on it.

Remember Joe, I actually consider you a friend and even I get tired of your cockiness and arrogance at times. Whatever your problems with Tom, or anyone else for that matter, just let it go.

I really do hope that things are going as well for you and your family as you say. But if that's the case, it isn't proof that you're right. If anything it should make all this petty bickering seem even more trivial and inconsequential than it really is.

So just let it go, and stop dragging all this garbage out in front of everyone. (That bit goes for Tom, too. It takes two to keep an argument going.)

Just be glad our Miss Manners isn't reading all this. She'd give you boys a right whooping.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Last edited by meese; Aug 8th, 2007 at 1:57 am.
post #33 of 37 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 8:16 am

OK, now I'm confused. I've been plodding along through life thinking my true friends were the people who would tell me I had crossed (or better yet, was about to cross) the "line". Not the ones who blindly followed just to see what kind of crap I would get into next, and at who's expense. I thank them for merely being here at this point.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #34 of 37 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 12:19 pm

I debated the smiley and decided to err on the side caution since the level of understanding for the erudite type of humor I use is somewhat lacking .
post #35 of 37 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 12:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixchard
I debated the smiley and decided to err on the side caution since the level of understanding for the erudite type of humor I use is somewhat lacking .
Too easily mistaken for superciliousness...

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #36 of 37 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 1:57 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
Too easily mistaken for superciliousness...
Now that's a mouthful.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #37 of 37 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 4:05 pm

Thanks again Ken.

Just before my accident I was w/i an eyelash of PM'ing Joe to see if he'd break bread with me, in a virtual sense, to find our common ground, understanding, and respect. You see, this is more a difference of character for me than a feud of fundamental principles. So my level of ire with him is more intellectual than emotional...and it causes me no excitement.

But Joe just can't stop his true (sad IMO) character from showing through. I'm surrounded by better than that...Thus, I think I'll pass.

Sorry for being involved in screwing-up a great thread! BACK TO THE BIKE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in