BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGKILLER
Compared to this guy.

That's all kinds of not OK...What a freak

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 4:38 pm

Nice Photoshop work.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge

post #4 of 33 Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 7:47 pm

I bet he has 'nads the size of raisins.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
post #5 of 33 Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:08 pm Thread Starter

Just noticed that steroid is misspelled in the title line. Does spell check run through the title line?

Tony 05
post #6 of 33 Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:34 pm
Lifetime Supporter

what the picture doesn't show is that he's only 3' 4" tall...

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #7 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 6:26 am

Barry Bonds is a wuss for using drugs! His name should be erased from baseball.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #8 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 8:23 am

Question Gender??

What's really scary is the "wo-men" who pump-it-up artificially.

Speaks to our instant gratification, short cut to success, my retirement plan is buying lottery tickets society.

Being a former math major, I've determined the odds of winning the lottery are the same whether you play or not. Just play the home version, take your dollar bill, crumble it up and throw it over your shoulder. Wasn't that fun!
post #9 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 8:42 am

Don't you think that when the only clothes you can wear are sweat pants and xxxxxl you are too big?

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #10 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:43 am

Yeah, he may be 'roided out, but he can still grab hold of his Ape Hangers.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #11 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:01 am

So what is the opposite of anorexia called???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGKILLER
Does spell check run through the title line?
No, it does not.
post #12 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:26 am

I thought this was a family friendly discussion group. What's with the subject line?
post #13 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:55 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalLT
I thought this was a family friendly discussion group. What's with the subject line?
So, you're the one I've heard about that comes home, the wife serves the martini while you put on your smoking jacket and slippers and then the fambly gathers around the computer to read BMWLT.

What exactly is wrong with the word pussy?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #14 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
So, you're the one I've heard about that comes home, the wife serves the martini while you put on your smoking jacket and slippers and then the fambly gathers around the computer to read BMWLT.

What exactly is wrong with the word pussy?
Nothing in particular. It's just not a word I use in mixed company. That's how I was raised.
post #15 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 1:12 pm

You know, the more "PC" society becomes the more I gravitate to using language which I certainly would never have used around my Mother, Father, Sister or other family folks.

I think I'll end this before I resort to less than acceptable language.

But this does lead me to another question, if the "PC" folks are so "Correct" then does that mean that as long as we don't use slang and use the correct medical term we are OK. I can call everyone an "anus" but not an "asshole" and I could go on from there and would like to but some folks (potentially including myself) may take offense to that.
post #16 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 1:12 pm
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegottberg
Being a former math major, I've determined the odds of winning the lottery are the same whether you play or not. Just play the home version, take your dollar bill, crumble it up and throw it over your shoulder. Wasn't that fun!
My grandmother had a slight twist on your home version. Grandma would take her dollar and put it in an envelope in the drawer. Then, when she felt like "winning" she would take the money from the envelope!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #17 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 1:31 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
The encyclopedia has three definitions:
1 Cat
2 Female genitalia
3 Weakness

You had a 66.6 % chance and your mind chose the vagina not mine . I picked #3. But then again I don't worry about being Politically Correct just Correct. That is why I was bothered by mis-spelling steroid and not the word pussy.
This is still a mild but not boring bulletin board. Vulgar language and subject matter are not tolerated and monitored well by the moderators.
Being mundane is tolerated.

Tony 05
post #18 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 1:54 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Here is one from me.

In my mind there is a big difference between PC and common courtesy. The word you use openly in public is one I have used many times with close friends and under certain circumstances. If I were "PC" I don't think that would be the case. It is not a word I use in mixed company because I think in that context it's vulgar.

The definition of "vulgarity" is open to debate, but most people use the standards they learn during their upbringings. I guess I was raised differently than you.

If that makes me mundane then I guess I can live with that.
post #19 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 2:34 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
In my mind there is a big difference between PC and common courtesy.
Agreed. The PC folks are just another example of taking a good idea way too far. It's not the words themselves, but the tone and intent that is harmful.

In fact, many of our "dirty" words were originally normal Germanic or Anglo-Saxon words that were bastardized and denigrated as invading cultures came in and tried to force their own ways onto the locals. Undermining the normal traditions and values of a culture is a proven way to gain control.

That's also why many of these word still carry such a taboo. It's about subjugating someone to make yourself feel more powerful or better than them. It's a weak tactic at best but in many cases it does the job, albeit at a great cost to both the oppressor and the victim.

So screw the PC crap, and let's just all try for a little bit of respect and common courtesy instead.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #20 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 3:15 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. Here is one from me.

In my mind there is a big difference between PC and common courtesy. The word you use openly in public is one I have used many times with close friends and under certain circumstances. If I were "PC" I don't think that would be the case. It is not a word I use in mixed company because I think in that context it's vulgar.

The definition of "vulgarity" is open to debate, but most people use the standards they learn during their upbringings. I guess I was raised differently than you.

If that makes me mundane then I guess I can live with that.
First of all this is an "Open Forum" but on the whole is made up primarily of adults and after that Men. You can interject "Courtesy" into language but not vocabulary. Because of it's autonomous nature a bulletin board cannot reflect the personal side of a conversation, Tone ,volume, facial expression etc. That is why they include the emicons to the right. When I include a Histerical emicon it means that I am laughing and joking with you.
When I use a word like mundane which means"a mundane is a person who does not belong to a particular group, according to the members of that group." and I follow it by a wink it means I include you in my group. Stick around and don't take this place to seriously. All are welcome and appreciated.
And by the way I was raised in a strict German household where the kids spoke only when spoken to. Said Please and and thank you before and after everything. Made to answer the phone Dezember residence,Tony speaking . Attended not only Lutheran Church twice a week but during summer vacation required to attend Catholic Catechism and services until I was 18. Grandma was Lutheran Grandpa was Catholic. Mom thought it a good idea to be well rounded. Mom would have married a minister but Dad was just so damn handsome. . So trust me when I tell you that the word pussy was used hundreds of times a month from my moms mouth when referring to the cats. So, I don't know how you where raise but in my world pussy is an everyday word.

Tony 05
post #21 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 4:10 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Personally, I am VERY offended...

I think your thread title was deeply offensive...

it should have read "Barry Bonds is a dirty, cheating, shitsucking scumbag miserable pigfu**ing excuse for an 'American hero,' dirty douchebag assbandit who should receive the same treatment Pete Rose ended up with for defaming what used to be known as the 'Great American Pasttime, for being a giantic prick to fans and for not only taking steroids, but lying about it and it's a damn shame some even BIGGER guy won't be making him his bitch in prison with the rest of the dope heads."

Next time, get it right.

post #22 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 4:39 pm

Quote:
Nothing in particular. It's just not a word I use in mixed company. That's how I was raised.
Kewl, and bear with me here as sometimes I'm a leetle slow: how was how you were raised make this a family board?

And while I'm on a roll how does f**k, which we all know means fuck, make it acceptable? Does not intent make it the same?

Now, I've been called down on one version or another of this board for my vagaries of the English language. This board, along with the bike, is my passion, entertainment and fun. I laugh like crazy at the antics and have met some of the best folks on the face of this planet. Not that this makes it right for me to utter profane and oftimes inane thangs, it's just because I can.

Now please excuse me while I do this:

UNSUBSCRIBE!

-=grif=-

Grok
post #23 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 4:47 pm

Wonder

What kind of Harley he rides.

Greg

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

post #24 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 4:57 pm

It just warms my heart to see debates like this one . . . and I having nothing to do with it. Carry on boys

FWIW, I don't use or care for such words as "pussy" in this forum myself. Go figure. messenger13, aka "the cyber-bully" getting all PC and/or courteous. What a hoot!

CalLT . . . you gots class kid. It's a tough burden to bear sometimes.
post #25 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 6:05 pm

Hello, Barry Bond's name should be erased from Baseball.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #26 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 7:29 pm
Bouncer

Geez, Pete! Tell us how you really feel. BTW, I am offended that you dragged Pete Rose to that level. Pete Rose is 10,000 times the man that Barry Bonds is. Rose just bet on baseball. Bonds cheated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
I think your thread title was deeply offensive...

it should have read "Barry Bonds is a dirty, cheating, shitsucking scumbag miserable pigfu**ing excuse for an 'American hero,' dirty douchebag assbandit who should receive the same treatment Pete Rose ended up with for defaming what used to be known as the 'Great American Pasttime, for being a giantic prick to fans and for not only taking steroids, but lying about it and it's a damn shame some even BIGGER guy won't be making him his bitch in prison with the rest of the dope heads."

Next time, get it right.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #27 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:18 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Geez, Pete! Tell us how you really feel. BTW, I am offended that you dragged Pete Rose to that level. Pete Rose is 10,000 times the man that Barry Bonds is. Rose just bet on baseball. Bonds cheated.

ahhh, my friend, re-read it. I stated that Bonds should get what Rose GOT, not that Rose got what was proper or deserved...personally I think it's a travesty that he's not in the hall of fame, and personally, I think Bonds--if it's proven that he indeed did steroids--should be banned from baseball, his "records" stripped, and he should have to personally reimburse local fans for monies paid for tickets.

But I stand by my statement that Bonds is a pigf**cker, me and Griff saw him. Of course Griff got jealous, but that's another thread!

post #28 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:25 pm

Quote:
But I stand by my statement that Bonds is a pigf**cker, me and Griff saw him. Of course Griff got jealous, but that's another thread!
In some area's that's normal and the green around the gills wasn't jealousy, it was bad pork.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #29 of 33 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:38 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Well, I've lived down here in Tejas for almost two years and had to get used to hearing three things ALL the time...

"Y'all" (which apparently refers to a group of people, but sometimes means just one)

"Fixin' to" (which seems to mean "I am going to/I am preparing to do something")

and

"Yup, a good pig'll do that..."

"Yankee" Pete

post #30 of 33 Old Aug 4th, 2007, 7:35 am

Quote:
"Yup, a good pig'll do that..."

"Yankee" Pete
We'll make you a good, southern redneck, yet. Now, how do you feel about goats?

-=grif=-

Grok
post #31 of 33 Old Aug 4th, 2007, 8:39 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
So screw the PC crap, and let's just all try for a little bit of respect and common courtesy instead.
Ummmm...... Wait a minute, YOU are saying this???

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #32 of 33 Old Aug 4th, 2007, 9:25 am

[QUOTE=petevandyke]I think your thread title was deeply offensive...

Next time, get it right.[/Sometimes correct trumps politically correct -- you got it right.]

Greg

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

post #33 of 33 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 6:43 pm

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003621797

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in