Purple Mystic - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 7:05 pm Thread Starter

Cool Purple Mystic

Dave you may want to try this recipe! It is on the warm side, I made this for dinner tonight. About a seven on my heat scale.

In a large mixing bowl add the following:

1 head red cabbage, shredded
3 cups walnuts, chopped
2 diced habanero peppers, diced
2 diced serrano peppers, diced
3/4 sweet onion, diced
2 ears white sweet corn, cut from cob
1 bell pepper, diced
1 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 advocado, diced
add sea salt to taste

Mix well and eat right away, you can let it sit while the heat blends together.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 1:49 am

Wow, that sounds downright tasty! Thanks for sharing! I may have to eat it with my buddy Rob, though, since he likes the spicy stuff at least as much if not more than I do. I think this would blow Kari's head clean off!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #3 of 11 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 9:39 am

Recipe is printed. I might leave out the two habaneros. I like spicy stuff and the rest of my family can hold their own but I have made things with the habaneros and WOW, it''s hot.
I do make a dish for snacks with the hot ones that I learned from a girl from Jamacia. Let me find it and I will share it with you. It's simple.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 9:13 am

Orange Pepper

Orange Pepper

Ingredients

Twelve valencia oranges
Two Habanero peppers
Salt
Course ground black pepper

Peel the oranges and separate each section and remove the skin from each section. Let the juice drop into a bowl as you do this but discard the skin.

Put in one TB salt and one TS black pepper

Take the two peppers and holding the stems, cut them in half so you are holding the top halves and the bottom are in the bowl.
Put on a deli glove (maybe two) and holding the stem of each pepper, mash up the entire mixture, mixing up all the ingredients as you mash up the peppers.
After all the peppers are smashed, trow away the stems and place the bowl in the fridge for a couple hours.

To serve take toothpicks and spear the pieces of orange and when putting it into your mouth, do not let it hit your lips.
The orangs is sweet, then salty, the black pepper gives it a bite and the peppers have a smoke flavor that is hot.
After you are through with the oranges save the juice and throw in a bunch of chicken breast to marinate overnight and BBQ them the next day. Incredible flavor.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #5 of 11 Old Aug 4th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Hey Floyd - We have some friends coming over for dinner tonight and I whipped up a batch of Purple Mystic to go with the steaks we're grilling (gonna try it as a salad). It's in the fridge "working", letting those spicy bits get into everything! I warned them I was using them as Guinea Pigs for this stuff, I'll let you know of they survive!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #6 of 11 Old Aug 4th, 2007, 7:29 pm Thread Starter

Hope you enjoy it, I have

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69

post #7 of 11 Old Aug 5th, 2007, 12:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGILLS2
Hope you enjoy it, I have
Dude, that stuff Rocks!! I had to substitute pecans for walnuts because of Kari's allergies, but it was really good. I actually ate more of that than I did the london broil I grilled up! And it was fun watching Kari and Sara run into the little bits of habanero and serrano as they chowed down. But it didn't slow them down, they both had seconds, too. My buddy Rob, who likes spicy stuff probably more than me, was really into it as well. I ended up sending about a pint and a half home with them to enjoy later.

Thanks again, it's definitely a keeper!!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #8 of 11 Old Aug 5th, 2007, 9:55 pm Thread Starter

That's great Dave glad you enjoyed it. The reason I posted it was I found it to be fantastic, and wanted to share with others who would enjoy it.
A funny story on todays ride:
A friend was eating Wasabi peas and someone mentioned that they were spearmint peas, and should try one, they spit it out imediatly, I was sitting next to her and said I wanted some, so he gave me one, I said I wanted more, so he gave me a handfull and I started eating them one at a time till they were gone. Everyone was amazed that I would eat it like candy. I just laughed, Thinking about Dave's double d sauce I had at home!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69

post #9 of 11 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 11:23 am

I've been known to keep a can of wasabi peas around for snackin', myself!

I did a little experiment with the Purple Mystic. I had some with dinner last night and sprayed a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar on it and mixed that in. I liked how it brought some of the other flavors in it. Maybe something to try on your next batch.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

post #10 of 11 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 1:55 pm Thread Starter

That sounds good! I could not figure what kind of dressing would perk it up, I think you are onto something.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69

post #11 of 11 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGILLS2
That sounds good! I could not figure what kind of dressing would perk it up, I think you are onto something.
Get both in a spray bottle so you can just mist the top then mix it in. I think if you poured either in you'd get too much and screw up the base flavors of the rest of the stuff. Naked or with a touch of oil and vinegar, it's might tasty!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in