CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR MUNICIPAL ID
Two requirements: 1) proof of identity; 2) proof of residency
ACCEPTABLE FORMS FOR PROOF OF IDENTITY:
ONE of the following (CATEGORY “A” ID’s):
• U.S. Driver’s License;
• Birth Certificate; (for kids ok; for adults this plus photo id)
• Consular ID Card;
OR TWO of the following:
• National identification card (must have photo, name, address, date of birth and expiration date;
• Foreign Driver’s license (current - NOT expired);
• Voter registration card
• Military identification card (U.S. or foreign)
• Visa (current)
• ITIN card (must be accompanied by an id with a photograph)
At least one identification card must have a photo under either category A or B.
ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS
• Rental or purchase agreement;
• Two or more utility bills with name and address;
• Insurance bill, bank statement, check book;
• Employment pay stub;
• Local property tax statement;
• Proof of a minor enrolled in public or private school;
• Voter registration card:
• Library Card;
• Original documents from a health or social services organization attesting to the fact that the applicant is a New Haven resident
Hmmmm... doesn't sound so bad.
Let's see.. for hypothetical reasoning we'll use a North Korean in our example. We don't want to be accused of racial profiling, right?
So, our North Korean, ex-military ("nucular"
scientist type) gets to Nuevo Haveno illegally... I'm sorry, I meant to say "undocumentorally" just in time to deliver a beautiful little ancho... I mean baby... and immediately sets upon our welfare system to collect welfare, foodstamps, WIC, housing assistance, heating assistance, and of course the piece de resistance - Blue Cross / Blue Shield... of course on top of the already 10's of thousands the actual birth cost. Then, he puts his beautiful little ancho... I mean baby into our public schools, hey, why not it's FREE right? But then of course, it will someday make HIS life better and really, that is what matters, isn't it?
So now our North Korean "friend" can go to Nuevo Haveno Town Hall and show:
-Foreign National I.D.
-Foreign Military I.D.
-Proof of child (ren) enrollment
-Proof of receiving health and social services.
As the saying goes "work harder, millions on welfare are counting on you"
Of course, this is also assuming (and you know what that stands for, right
) that our "friend" didn't actually come here to blow anything or anyone up, committ espionage, or train others to do the same.....