Goodbye group... - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:03 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Rick-L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Allendale, MI, USA
Posts: 297
Goodbye group...

It's been good knowing everyone but I don't have enough money to keep myself alive so unless someone has 10 G's I can borrow my days are numbered.

Got this email today:

Subject: To Your Concern

Abide to my instructions as this is the only way i can contact you for the now,I
want you to be very careful about this and keep this secret with you until you
receive the tape and pics i am going to give to you. You have no need of
knowing who I am or where I am from.I know this may sound very surprising to
you but it's the situation.I have been paid some ransom in advance to terminate
you with some reasons best known to him.It's someone I beleive you know very
much.Besides,i am risking my own life revealing this to you. Now listen,I will
give the tape and pics to you at a schedule place ,but before that, I need
$10,000 to be able to move out after we've made a deal. I repeat, do not
arrange for the cops until we have both sorted this out as my employer wants
you dead at all cost. Payment details will be provided for you to make a part
payment of $5000 to my contact in the UK first,which will serve as gurantee
that you are ready to co-orperate,then i will give you a copy of the tape that
contains his request for me to terminate you and pics which will be enough
evidence for you to nail him by informing the cops before he employs another
person for the job. You will pay the balance $5,000 to me in cash once you
receive and confirmed the tape and pics. Warning; do not contact the police,
and be skeptical about where you go until this whole thing is sorted out,if you
neglect any of these warnimgs, you will have yourself to blame. You do not have
much time so get back to me immediately via email :
[email protected] Note:I will advise you keep this to yourself
alone,not even a friend or a family member should know about it because it
could be one of them









Rick
'01 LT
Rick-L is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:10 am
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 225
Ahhh crap, well if you can front me 5 Grand I know some guys who know some guys who can take care of this for you.
Seattle is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 5:53 am
Senior Member
 
DarkMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 371
You must pay this, because they need the cash to buy my bike (see coupla posts below).
Either that, or nuke Nigeria.
DarkMeister is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 6:17 am
rlv
Senior Member
 
rlv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alcoa, TN, USA
Posts: 372
Bull shit, Just bull shit.

Richard Vogt
2007 (Silver) R1200RT
2010 R1200GSA (Gertrude)
rlv is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 6:42 am
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-L
It's been good knowing everyone but I don't have enough money to keep myself alive so unless someone has 10 G's I can borrow my days are numbered.

Got this email today:

Subject: To Your Concern

Abide to my instructions as this is the only way i can contact you for the now,I
want you to be very careful about this and keep this secret with you until you
receive the tape and pics i am going to give to you. You have no need of
knowing who I am or where I am from.I know this may sound very surprising to
you but it's the situation.I have been paid some ransom in advance to terminate
you with some reasons best known to him.It's someone I beleive you know very
much.Besides,i am risking my own life revealing this to you. Now listen,I will
give the tape and pics to you at a schedule place ,but before that, I need
$10,000 to be able to move out after we've made a deal. I repeat, do not
arrange for the cops until we have both sorted this out as my employer wants
you dead at all cost. Payment details will be provided for you to make a part
payment of $5000 to my contact in the UK first,which will serve as gurantee
that you are ready to co-orperate,then i will give you a copy of the tape that
contains his request for me to terminate you and pics which will be enough
evidence for you to nail him by informing the cops before he employs another
person for the job. You will pay the balance $5,000 to me in cash once you
receive and confirmed the tape and pics. Warning; do not contact the police,
and be skeptical about where you go until this whole thing is sorted out,if you
neglect any of these warnimgs, you will have yourself to blame. You do not have
much time so get back to me immediately via email :
[email protected] Note:I will advise you keep this to yourself
alone,not even a friend or a family member should know about it because it
could be one of them









just let us know when the estate sale is ok!



those friggen idiots never cease to amaze me!
tmgs is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 7:11 am
Senior Member
 
grifscoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside New Braunfels , TX, USA
Posts: 13,451
Ask him if he'll take 9 grand in Girl Scout Cookies and a collection of old Disney cartoons.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grifscoots is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 7:12 am
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Ask him if he'll take 9 grand in Girl Scout Cookies and a collection of old Disney cartoons.

Did you get scammed by a Girl Scout grif!

tmgs is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 7:27 am
Senior Member
 
grifscoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside New Braunfels , TX, USA
Posts: 13,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
Did you get scammed by a Girl Scout grif!

The thought does leave some sort of taste in your mouth, eh?

Many years ago, when one of my daugters was involved, I was asked to pick up the troops cookies because I had a pick up. Sandar the mag and I did. On the way back home I got petrol, the pump asked if I wanted a car wash, I said sure. About halfway thru the car wash I remembered all those cases of Girl Scout cookies in the back of la trucka. I went from from zero to oh shit!!!! in about a second. Man, I had a LOT of Girl Scout cookies that year. Hell, I was going door to door.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grifscoots is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 7:42 am
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
The thought does leave some sort of taste in your mouth, eh?

Many years ago, when one of my daugters was involved, I was asked to pick up the troops cookies because I had a pick up. Sandar the mag and I did. On the way back home I got petrol, the pump asked if I wanted a car wash, I said sure. About halfway thru the car wash I remembered all those cases of Girl Scout cookies in the back of la trucka. I went from from zero to oh shit!!!! in about a second. Man, I had a LOT of Girl Scout cookies that year. Hell, I was going door to door.
Dang it man! that IS FUNNY!
tmgs is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 9:22 am
Senior Member
 
UncleRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Alexandria, PA, USA
Posts: 1,633
Can I play too?

I'm in for the other 5K if I get to go meet him in your place to hand over the bread.
Then we can get new bikes from selling his organs on the black market All in a days work (I hate that word)
Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UncleRock is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:14 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 878
I saw a story on the news recently about this scam. People who responded were shocked to find out that the scammer had looked up their address and had quite a bit of personal information about them. The police told the reporter that you should not respond at all.

Res ipsa loquitur, sed quid in infernos dicet?

Alan Stuber
2003 K1200 LTC Titan Silver
Austin, Texas



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
astuber is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Group riding or solo preferences Dewman Bike Talk 63 Mar 11th, 2012 12:34 pm
Gtec HID group buy .....Details patroa1 Lighting 41 Jun 7th, 2007 5:53 pm
BMW Group sets new worldwide sales record in 2006 eljeffe Bike Talk 8 Jan 13th, 2007 9:27 am
VStream group buy price and ordering info! emsweeney Ergonomics & Rider Comfort 11 Aug 3rd, 2006 3:01 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome