Who's put an Outdoor Kitchen at their house? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 12:50 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

Who's put an Outdoor Kitchen at their house?

We're building a new house and I have become fascinated by the idea of an outdoor kitchen. We will have a great covered patio area, and I was thinking that this would be a good addition. Anyone do this lately? Have any advice? Got Pictures?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 1:51 pm

Outdoor kitchens have always been in style with country folk.
Helps keep the heat out of the house, especially during canning season.
Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge

Rock

post #3 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 1:54 pm
Old Dawg

I can send some photos of ours if you want Jeff. It has a full ice well with speed rack for bartending, a 3 door fridge (we got both used at a restaurant supply) and a 48" BBQ.

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."

post #4 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 1:56 pm

Talking Out house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
We're building a new house and I have become fascinated by the idea of an outdoor kitchen. We will have a great covered patio area, and I was thinking that this would be a good addition. Anyone do this lately? Have any advice? Got Pictures?
As long as you are doing an outdoor kitchen, why not do an outdoor bedroom and, of course, an outdoor bathroom (they call this an out-house!) In fact, why not move onto the patio and rent out the rest of the house!

Craig

2000 K1200LTC "Little Turd"
2001 Harley Softail Deuce "Ground Pounder"
BMWMOA #113448
post #5 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 2:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Covered patio area? is it screened? hows your outdoor bug fest where yyou live? Cooking outside alot gets old with tons of bugs!

I really enjoy outdoor cooking, but up here in N. Ga. the bugs (and in particular Flies) come from no where in the millions it seems, it has taken the fun out of outdoor cooking of any type let alone preparing the food in a "outdoor" kitchen area
(which BTW I would love to have if it were all screened in really well!)

(just somehting to think about if your serious about out door cooking)
Tom
post #6 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 4:48 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
Outdoor kitchens have always been in style with country folk.
Helps keep the heat out of the house, especially during canning season.
Rock
Concur with that. Most farm homes around here were built with a "summer kitchen", and many larger farms/plantations in southern states have the same thing. There are a few still standing around my part of Ohio, and a very, very few still actually in use.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #7 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 11:48 pm

I cook at least 4 nights a week on the covered patio. Just a smoker,grill and rotisserie. Couldn't live with out them.

Tony 05
post #8 of 12 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 2:10 am
Ted

Jeff -

Saw this show a while back - you might get a few ideas here (sounds like you have more room, though):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show..._35359,00.html

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #9 of 12 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 8:51 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydawg
I can send some photos of ours if you want Jeff. It has a full ice well with speed rack for bartending, a 3 door fridge (we got both used at a restaurant supply) and a 48" BBQ.
Well my last one didn't have that all that, but then I don't have to work as someones bartender either .
Just a couple bicycle wheels on a axle through a 2x4 frame (Like a big garden cart)
With a double bowl sink, cutting board and propane camp stove.
Just hook the garden hose up to the faucet for water, Roll into the shade and cook or can to your hearts content, in comfort.
Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge

Rock

post #10 of 12 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 9:14 am
Ted

One other thought, and probably goes without saying, but make sure to take the general wind direction into account when locating the grill! This is really the only disadvantage to a built-in.

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #11 of 12 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 11:02 am
Gold Supporter

El Jeffe,

We built a new house in Fort Worth and I designed my outdoor kitchen near the pool. I loved it and since I do 95% of the cooking in our household I used it about 70% of the time. Six months later the tornado took a stroll down main street and we wound up down here in The Woodlands in a new home without an outside kitchen. I really really miss it and it is amazing how many people have them and don't use them. Hope that bas%^rd in Ft. Worth is enjoying my outdoor kitchen and pool.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #12 of 12 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 1:29 pm

Not Yet.

Here is my profile from another forum with the beginnings of my outdoor kitchen. I guess you could say I'm just assembling components right now.

http://www.kamado.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=dglenn1-users

Dan
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue

; Nolan 103 Helmet w/Bluetooth;
;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),
; Clymer Manual; BMW Service DVD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in