eGreetings slam. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jul 6th, 2007, 6:35 pm Thread Starter

eGreetings slam.

Man, I must have a hunnert e-mails with the subject line reading along the lines of: 'you have an egreeting card from a family member' - 'you have an egreeting card from a mate' - 'you have an egreeting card from an admirer'!!!

Y'all getting the same?!?! They all apparently contain a W32 type virus, and they're coming in droves. Luckily, my ISP identifies and holds 'em in quarantine and I just have 'em removed before they ever get to my system. Just beyond me what kinda kicks these people get out of sending this stuff. My junk mail is likewise held at the ISP, and there are some folks really wasting time sending that stuff too.

If I'm missing somethang that is entertaining to these idjits, then *thank goodness*!!!

Apologies for the vent!!! I'm better now, thankee velly much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jul 6th, 2007, 6:55 pm

Hey Dick, Same here with the virus loaded emails. The other to look out for are the emails with "Letter of Complaint" or "Late Payment Notice"in the subject line and nothing in the message field but has a PDF attachment. Because I have a web site the web crawlers pick up my open contact email address. Some days I can get over 100 bogus emails some with virus, many just selling Canadian pharmacies storefronts. Lately I have been getting those "you have an ecard" types as well. Wish I had the technical ability to reverse the virus and send it back. I am with you as to what they get out of it.

Tony 05
post #3 of 10 Old Jul 6th, 2007, 7:42 pm

Thanks for the heads up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #4 of 10 Old Jul 6th, 2007, 9:00 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
I haven't seen any of these. Of course, .Mac has excellent spam filters, as does OSX. And even if one does get through, it really won't do anything to my system . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #5 of 10 Old Jul 6th, 2007, 9:15 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I have not seen any...yet
I have been getting a lot of mail with PDFs attached what's up with that?
and I don't have a IMAC

Mike in Pittsburgh

2000 K1200LT Canyon Red
1983 Honda GL650I Silverwing Interstate
post #6 of 10 Old Jul 6th, 2007, 10:04 pm

I've been seeing them too, although they seem to all be making it through to my hotmail accounts. My regular ISP seems to be doing a good job of screening them out. Good reminder to make sure you have at least one level of Internet security AND a good Anti-virus that is up to date - ALWAYS.

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #7 of 10 Old Jul 6th, 2007, 11:50 pm
Lifetime Supporter

none in my Yahoo "in=box". Don't know whats in the spam box.

Bob
post #8 of 10 Old Jul 7th, 2007, 12:10 am

I've been getting them the past week or so too, they go straight to my deleted folder without being opened.
Still win the lottery overseas (Microsoft, BMW, UK Lotto, etc.) and get asked for help routing millions for rich widows daily too.
post #9 of 10 Old Jul 7th, 2007, 8:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
I haven't seen any of these. Of course, .Mac has excellent spam filters, as does OSX. And even if one does get through, it really won't do anything to my system . . .
Now I know why you practice "praxis". I have a 24" iMAC myself and do not want to use a PC anymore. Let them spammers keep on sending. Power of Unix baby!

I read about some spammer in the news being prosecuted (or operation seized ) by the government but I do not remeber anymore details. We are getting there!

Spiros
post #10 of 10 Old Jul 7th, 2007, 12:41 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Dick,

I am getting the same drivel in the email as you. They are all routed to my junk/bulk folder to the tune of about 50-75 per day.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in