Alaska Rail/ Cruise Group Tour - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old May 17th, 2007, 3:06 pm Thread Starter

Alaska Rail/ Cruise Group Tour

As Gilda and I have been talking for a while now, we are going on a Railroad/ Inside Passage Cruise of Alaska. Many of you know that our daughter, Shari, is a travel agent, and she has made arrangements for a group tour. Most of the vacationers will be motorcyclists from GWRRA, BMWMOA, or K1200LT.com. Many have expressed an interest in taking the tour with us, and the pricing has just come out.

Click on the link below to go directly to the information about the tour, pricing, accommodations, and so on.
The below link will get you to the main website. Find the puppydog and click in that to get to the Group Tour

http://www.allaboard-vacations.com/

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

Y2K LT Champagne Class Act

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA

Last edited by jayz9705; May 17th, 2007 at 4:06 pm. Reason: Corrections
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jun 16th, 2007, 4:08 pm Thread Starter

Shari Hough, my daughter, has notified me that there are some changes to the Group Package for the Alaska Rail/ Cruise trip.

Gilda and I are already registered for the trip. Remember that the more people in the group, the better the perks available to us.

Check out the newest information.

www.allaboard-vacations.com

Don't forget to click on the puppydog!!

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #3 of 7 Old Jun 16th, 2007, 5:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz9705
Shari Hough, my daughter, has notified me that there are some changes to the Group Package for the Alaska Rail/ Cruise trip.

Gilda and I are already registered for the trip. Remember that the more people in the group, the better the perks available to us.

Check out the newest information.

www.allaboard-vacations.com

Don't forget to click on the puppydog!!
You are gonna have a BLAST!! Never get tired of using/hearing the word "Awesome"!!!

In Ketchikan, be sure and take the mountain tram up to the Westin Hotel for some great views and good dining. And in Juneau, visit John Fisher's (AlaskaFish) favorite motorcycle shoppe - the Taku Harley Davidson dealer!! Right off the dock. And after that, stop in at the Red Dog Saloon and have a snack and some fun reading the ceiling!! Dang, we'd love to be goin' with y'all, Jay; butt I'm not jealous or anythang!!

post #4 of 7 Old Jun 16th, 2007, 8:46 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Hey Dick,
Those are some interesting ideas. I am not going to make the June 30 RTE as I will be on in Vancouver BC to take an Alaska cruise July 1-8.

Dan Martin
post #5 of 7 Old Jun 16th, 2007, 10:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMartin
Hey Dick,
Those are some interesting ideas. I am not going to make the June 30 RTE as I will be on in Vancouver BC to take an Alaska cruise July 1-8.

Dan Martin
Hey, Dan - gonna miss ya at the RTE, butt if I could, I'd trade ya places in a heartbeat. Coupla more suggestions - do a float plane ride to the Taku Lodge outta Juneau, if you dock and have the time to set it up. Those planes are kept in top-notch condition; got straight pipes on 'em, I think; and the pilots are a one-of-a-kind breed. Very safe, and a thrill to fly in. Cheryl would much rather land on water than on runways - smoothe as glass. Smoked salmon on the outdoor grill is served at the lodge while you enjoy the scenery and the active glacier that you feel you could throw a rock and hit --- butt can't!!

And if you go into Skagway, take the 'Scenic Railroad' trip, to the border and back, that closely follows the Gold Rush trail - considering the time frame of construction, and the tools and equipment required, it's just a wonder!!!

Enjoy, Dan. I know you will. Take many, many pics AND videos. Holler when you get back to Houston and I'd sure like to meet up and listen to your experience - show and tell, as it were!!

(Hey, Jay - sorry for the hi-jack. Now I'm twice-jealous!!).
post #6 of 7 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 2:15 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
(Hey, Jay - sorry for the hi-jack. Now I'm twice-jealous!!).

I got a good solution for that......cm'on along!!!

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #7 of 7 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 2:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz9705
I got a good solution for that......cm'on along!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in