Bah Humbug....WTF? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 7:47 am Thread Starter

Bah Humbug....WTF?

As we approach what is supposed to be one of the happiest times of the year, what do I find every time I leave the house?

1. Driver's are as stupid and dangerous as ever!
2. No turn signals? WHY do people not use turn signals? [email protected]#$#@
3. Backing into parking spaces? Is this a new Yuppie thang, or macho truck driver thang or wtf? Almost had the Merc sideswiped by some dumbass girl backing her little Dodge into the space next to me!!! Assholes all!
4. Stopping in the lane 3 car lengths from the traffic signal? Arrrrgggghh!!

Granted, I am becoming an old fart by age, only, but dammit, why are people so BAD?

My unresearched opinion is that the majority of people don't seem to care about anybody else these days...cut you off? Too bad. U-turn...whatever. Hold up traffic at a signal?...your problem, not mine.

And don't even get me started at other road behavior!!! [email protected]#$#@!

Merry Christmas anyway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 8:11 am

Hey, I feel your pain man!

Now, for the most part I have always backed into parking spaces when I can. Not being macho, just anal!

I try to ignore these $%&*#) and just go on and pray for them and the rest of us!

Merry Christmas Hawg!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 8:36 am

Just the last few days I have seen three drivers just move over into the next lane with not enough room, nor a signal. All three times the drivers they cut in front of had to slam on brakes or get hit! Then yesterday coming home from work, one did it to me!

I just don't get it at all. How did these idiots get the impression the whole road is theirs alone, to heck with anyone else? If they had hit any of us, I'm sure they would argue that it was our fault.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 8:39 am

The only way I can get this into a parking slot easily is to back it in or do a pull through. BTW, I need one empty space either side of the entry point on a pull through.

But since the LT is the primary vehicle these days, I shouldn't be in your way.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #5 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 8:53 am

Smile Easy there big fella...

I guess I've always viewed other drivers from a different perspective. It's like FREE ENTERTAINMENT guys! So, rather than getting all mad and raising your blood pressure needlessly . . . sit back, relax, and enjoy. It's a hoot. It's kinda like watching rats bang into each other getting through a maze. 'Cept the rats are a little smarter.

I guess I've never really understood why people get so upset at such a wonderful time of year. (Dave!) Chill out mun. You have a wonderful wife, great kids & grandkids, a cool car . . . and US! What more does it take for you to be happy?
post #6 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 9:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg
3. Backing into parking spaces? Is this a new Yuppie thang, or macho truck driver thang or wtf?
Like Steve, I have an F250 4x4 Super Crew. I can't park it straight in because of the length and turning radius. It has to be backed in to work. Even worse pulling a trailer

The truck is a nice truck, but it's used for work as evidenced by the beat up bed, so I reckon the yuppie thang is out. And since Sandar the mag has carried my ball's in her purse since the day we met, you prolly can throw macho out, too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #7 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:26 am
Lifetime Supporter

Wink Then again:

...... I have heard it said that anybody that drives faster that me is an Idiot & ...anyone that drives slower that me is a Moron (:-)

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

post #8 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:28 am

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patric
...... I have heard it said that anybody that drives faster that me is an Idiot & ...anyone that drives slower that me is a Moron (:-)
Replace "Idiot" with "MANIAC!" . . . and you've got George Carlin's bit down to a 'T'.
post #9 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I guess I've never really understood why people get so upset at such a wonderful time of year. (Dave!) Chill out mun.
Not everyone can approach society's disturbing slide toward solipsism with your level of holiday insouciance. We need a good bird-flu to bring back some good old fashioned humility.
post #10 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:01 am Thread Starter

Quote:
I guess I've always viewed other drivers from a different perspective. It's like FREE ENTERTAINMENT guys! So, rather than getting all mad and raising your blood pressure needlessly . . . sit back, relax, and enjoy. It's a hoot. It's kinda like watching rats bang into each other getting through a maze. 'Cept the rats are a little smarter.

I guess I've never really understood why people get so upset at such a wonderful time of year. (Dave!) Chill out mun. You have a wonderful wife, great kids & grandkids, a cool car . . . and US! What more does it take for you to be happy?

What does it take? How about NOT getting HIT! Been hit TWICE in the rear of the Merc this year alone!!!

Now, dammit, how would YOU like it? Would YOU not be paranoid a leetle bit, too?

Sheesh...easy to say when you have NOT been hit.
post #11 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:03 am Thread Starter

Butt,

Like I said,

Merry Christmas!!!

Oh...almost forgot...stole this from a friend on another forum:

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all;

Additionally,
a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)
post #12 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:10 am

What did he say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwilshire
Not everyone can approach society's disturbing slide toward solipsism with your level of holiday insouciance. .
geesh Micheal that word isn't even in the paperback dictionary I keep on my desk,
I had to go to the other room and get the hardcover version.

Tis the season
That always brings out the best and the worst in people

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #13 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Just the last few days I have seen three drivers just move over into the next lane with not enough room, nor a signal. All three times the drivers they cut in front of had to slam on brakes or get hit! Then yesterday coming home from work, one did it to me!
Do what I do. I follow them to where they are going, park up next to them, get out and approach them as they are getting out of their car (if they dare, by then they know someone is really pissed at them). Then ask them how they are able to drive when they can't see...cause there is no way they can see anything with their head that far up their ass. It helps when you are twice (or more) their size and obviously NOT a happy person.
post #14 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 1:56 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
As we approach what is supposed to be one of the happiest times of the year, what do I find every time I leave the house?

1. Driver's are as stupid and dangerous as ever!
2. No turn signals? WHY do people not use turn signals? [email protected]#$#@
3. Backing into parking spaces? Is this a new Yuppie thang, or macho truck driver thang or wtf? Almost had the Merc sideswiped by some dumbass girl backing her little Dodge into the space next to me!!! Assholes all!
4. Stopping in the lane 3 car lengths from the traffic signal? Arrrrgggghh!!

Granted, I am becoming an old fart by age, only, but dammit, why are people so BAD?

My unresearched opinion is that the majority of people don't seem to care about anybody else these days...cut you off? Too bad. U-turn...whatever. Hold up traffic at a signal?...your problem, not mine.

And don't even get me started at other road behavior!!! [email protected]#$#@!

Merry Christmas anyway!
Dave, you MUST get back on a bike!!! You are obviously going through withdrawal...
People have been driving that way all along... It just didn't bother you because you expected it as a rider.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #15 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 2:16 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Dave, you MUST get back on a bike!!! You are obviously going through withdrawal...
People have been driving that way all along... It just didn't bother you because you expected it as a rider.

Hah!!! Yer right!!!

Merry Christmas, man....
post #16 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 4:52 pm
Lifetime Supporter

What about this bone-headed move?

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed the new rage that cage drivers have of bypassing red lights? There are two scenarios:

1. The light in front of them is red. They are waiting in line to turn right. Rather than continue waiting they duck into a gas station, fast food store, etc., and cut through its parking lot, turning right onto their intended street.

2. The light in front of them is red. They are waiting in line to continue straight. They do the same thing as #1 above, but turn left out of the gas station and then right onto the same street they just left, bypassing the traffic signal.

I can see this happening if you're taking your wife to the delivery room, your shorts are on fire, or something similarly-important.

I see this happen all the time, and the first time I saw it was 4 months ago. I wish I could win the lottery because I'd quit my job and volunteer as a LEO with the sole and specific purpose of ticketing these morons.

I think CCW laws should allow citizens to fire at will in these instances. A few examples propped up at intersections would serve as an effective deterrent.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #17 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 4:59 pm

Quote:

I am worried about the people they almost take out, like ME! It is just sad to see innocent people almost involved in an accident this time of year because of them.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #18 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 5:20 pm

Too Bad

Unfortunately it's been proven that the IQ of the "average" citizen has fallen dramatically in the last two generations.

There are just too many laws that protect us from ourselves to allow Darwinism to work effectively...

One of my favorite things to do to some kid at a checkout is to pop a large bill, and just after he/she enters it into the cash register I slip him the correct coinage.

The look on their face as they have to call the manager over to help them make change is priceless...

Drivers are just another example of the lack of a complete brain.. Or too much drain bramage....All the guys I knew in school who sniffed paint are either dead or in prison....

To quote Mr T....

"I pity the fool"

Merry Christmas everyone.....Toss one back for me......

I'm going out tonight to party with the girls and break in my new c'boy boots...

I'm sure I won't get a DUI because even sloppy drunk I drive better than most others do....Of course it's been a while since I've been "sloppy".....

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #19 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 6:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
1. The light in front of them is red. They are waiting in line to turn right. Rather than continue waiting they duck into a gas station, fast food store, etc., and cut through its parking lot, turning right onto their intended street.

2. The light in front of them is red. They are waiting in line to continue straight. They do the same thing as #1 above, but turn left out of the gas station and then right onto the same street they just left, bypassing the traffic signal.
Those are the 2 best ways to get a ticket here. I work with several people that have gotten a ticket for that, and it ain't a cheap ticket either...$195 last I heard.
post #20 of 35 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 8:09 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
Those are the 2 best ways to get a ticket here. I work with several people that have gotten a ticket for that, and it ain't a cheap ticket either...$195 last I heard.
Would you please send some of your LEOs here, to enforce the same law that we probably already have on our books?

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #21 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 12:05 am
IBR# 366

Garage
I like Gallagher's solution. Give everyone one of those suction cup dart guns with a flag that says Idiot on each dart. When someone does something stupid, you just shoot a dart at their car. If a LEO sees a car with a dozen or so darts stuck to it, they just pull the driver over for being a general moron.

Of course, the fact that bikes are too small and quick to be easy targets has nothing to do with it.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #22 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 1:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
If a LEO sees a car with a dozen or so darts stuck to it, they just pull the driver over for being a general moron.
I'm afraid that the old saying of "So many idiots, so little time" would apply. Not to mention, not enough cops to arrest the idots.
post #23 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 1:40 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Perhaps. But at least we'd all know who to avoid.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #24 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 2:15 am

Everyone has to admit that society has been taking a serious down turn. I believe we must show our dissatisfaction with these people. I also think if you are one who is not bothered by these people you're PART OF THE PROBLEM. Our laws will never address or fix this.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #25 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 6:28 am

Magnetic Darts

Yea, but what are you going to do when the cop car has a couple of dozen darts on it?

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #26 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 7:22 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Yea, but what are you going to do when the cop car has a couple of dozen darts on it?

Now, THAT'S a good one!!!!
post #27 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 7:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Perhaps. But at least we'd all know who to avoid.
Avoid them all!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #28 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 8:36 am

I thought this was a Louisiana problem, "crazy drivers" but we are in Utah and I have commented that I thought I left Louisiana, but all those drivers have followed us here.

The best drivers I have encountered so far, Colorado, very polite drivers also.

Amazing!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #29 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 9:17 am

Quote:
What does it take? How about NOT getting HIT! Been hit TWICE in the rear of the Merc this year alone!!!.
Wow...just to be antagonistic, but I think someone needs a defensive driving course. Like get out of way when someone to close, stopping at stop lights twice...once waaaaaay before just to make the guy behind is stopping, then a slow glide to the light. Of course that pisses folks off too. Maybe we should all just get out YOUR way.

I remember some guy railing about "kid's today" and the lack of respect, etc...it was some guy named Moses. He lived a looonnnnng time ago.

As for Christmas...it was actually outlawed once due to the overcommericalization of it. Of course that was when it was on Dec. 6 in the 1600s.

We just moved it to DEC 26th.

Of course we didn't bitch about people backing into parking spaces back then...maybe.
post #30 of 35 Old Dec 24th, 2006, 9:30 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendy
Wow...just to be antagonistic, but I think someone needs a defensive driving course. Like get out of way when someone to close, stopping at stop lights twice...once waaaaaay before just to make the guy behind is stopping, then a slow glide to the light. Of course that pisses folks off too. Maybe we should all just get out YOUR way.

I remember some guy railing about "kid's today" and the lack of respect, etc...it was some guy named Moses. He lived a looonnnnng time ago.

As for Christmas...it was actually outlawed once due to the overcommericalization of it. Of course that was when it was on Dec. 6 in the 1600s.

We just moved it to DEC 26th.

Of course we didn't bitch about people backing into parking spaces back then...maybe.

Antagonistic my ASS!!! You are waaay out of bounds, dood!

Sitting at a redlight TWICE, I have been hit from the rear HARD! in the last 12 months!

First driver..NO INSURANCE!

Second driver...HIT & RUN!!!

So kiss my ass if you think I am just bitching!!!

Oh, yeah, you want fries with that?
post #31 of 35 Old Dec 25th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Quote:
So kiss my ass...
"I've Got a License to Chill and I Believe I Will"
What happen to chillin...or is that left for stop lights. Isn't there a reason we are taught to keep our bikes in 1st vice neutral at stop lights.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can [like my antagonistic personality]; and wisdom to know the difference.
post #32 of 35 Old Dec 26th, 2006, 6:00 am

Well it was raining really hard yesterday, and I was giving my younger brother a lift. So I decided to take my pick up. On my way to dinner at my sisters, I could not believe the number of people that rode in left lane slowly, then got bent out of shape when you passed them on the right.
Since it was Christmas day I went the extra mile and put up my pointer finger as I was flippin them off, so it turned into a peace sign
Rock
post #33 of 35 Old Dec 26th, 2006, 6:32 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendy
What happen to chillin...or is that left for stop lights. Isn't there a reason we are taught to keep our bikes in 1st vice neutral at stop lights.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can [like my antagonistic personality]; and wisdom to know the difference.

Dood,
Don't even bother to respond to any of my posts...you are not even coherent. I assume that you have no idea what you are talking about but you need to understand that I do NOT ride an LT anymore. (Long story behind that statement). I was in my freakin Mercedes!!!

If you would at least get to know something about the person behind a post or even the subject that is being discussed, you would be more welcome.

And Merry Christmas...
post #34 of 35 Old Dec 26th, 2006, 11:50 am
Lifetime Supporter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
Since it was Christmas day I went the extra mile and put up my pointer finger as I was flippin them off, so it turned into a peace sign
Rock
That's the spirit Rock!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #35 of 35 Old Dec 26th, 2006, 12:34 pm

Glad I don't hang in your neighborhood. I drove down to Kylie, Tx and back from Dallas this weekend (in the car.. it was cold and wet out there) and did not see any of the problems you guys are describing. Guess maybe a bunch folks were too scared to get on I-35 over the Xmas weekend? No body cut me off, most folks moved over and those that did not, got passed (on the right!) with nary a second glance.

Now remember to use your licence to chill a bit more liberally

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in