Second Ammendment Testimony - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 8:06 am Thread Starter

Second Ammendment Testimony

I got this in an e-mail from a friend this morning. Testimony on gun control and the Second Ammendment.

http://s1.upload.sc/preview/7928258e...f3a9463efdceeb

Wait until you here the last comments in her testimony.

Let the fire storm begin.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 8:26 am
Lifetime Supporter

"Amen" is all I can say to that.

It's been said that the Second Amendment is the amendment upon which all the others stand. Remove it, and the others can go away.

I'm a Life Member of the NRA and would encourage all U.S. citizens to join me in support of that organization -- not because you have to be on board with everything they do or say, but because they are our last, best hope for preserving liberty. We'll get flamed for saying that but I believe it.

I'm not expecting the police or the Army to knock on my door any time soon, but then the colonials weren't expecting tyranny, either.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #3 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 8:26 am
Senior Member (ret.)

That's probably one of the best interpretations of the need/use of the Second Amendment.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

post #4 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 8:54 am

Hit the nial on the head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I got this in an e-mail from a friend this morning. Testimony on gun control and the Second Ammendment.

http://s1.upload.sc/preview/7928258e...f3a9463efdceeb

Wait until you here the last comments in her testimony.

She hit the nail on the head with the last comment.

Politics was never intended to be a life long career it was meant to ba a civic duty. When you finished your duty you went back to your career/farm/business when you were finished. We need to get back to that, but were to far gone.
If your are involved in todays politics for more then 2 minutes you owe somebody who does not have the interest of the people they represent at heart.
My 2 pennies
Thanks

Merry Christmas

Rich Kirker
2002 LTC Pacific Blue
Caliper Moto Lights, Hyper light brake lights, Spiegler brake lines, Ride West side markers, Grip puppies, HyperPro Springs and CA HID Kit.
BMWMOA #124306
2009 Honda Shadow (Wife's)
Blue & Pearl
"Well It’s not rocket science but absolutely a nightmare. At the end of the day you had a fairly unique situation that I personally at this moment in time could see me having as well 24/7. With all due respect, it shouldn’t of happened."
post #5 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 9:12 am

That does make one stop and think, now doesn't it?
post #6 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 9:38 am

Guns are so last century. You want to stage a revolution, make friends with the programmers that write the software that moves money through wires. We have the real power. With less than 100 people who have the proper knowledge, this entire country could be brought to a halt. So you guys can hang on to your guns, my toys will command a lot more respect.
post #7 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:01 am

Powerfull speaking,
her father was certainly a "hero" in every sense of the word.
If just one person in that room had a gun and knew how to use it,
they could have stopped the shooter.
She certainly has the right to be angry at the legislators
for denying her the constitutional right to defend herself.
And she's crystal clear on the purpose of the second amendment.

and last, computers are only powerfull while there's electricity

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #8 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 1:24 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
OK. What if no one in that room had a gun, including the madman? Then her parents would still be alive.

And before everyone freaks out about that, let me remind you it's just as valid a scenario as everyone packing all the time, and just as unlikely.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #9 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 1:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
OK. What if no one in that room had a gun, including the madman? Then her parents would still be alive.
That argument is flawed, and you know it Mr. Meese. "Madmen", criminals, and your government will always find a way to have guns. Big guns. And one day, one of them might be pointed at you.

Of course, this comes from a guy thats only gun is a .22 cal pea shooter.
post #10 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 1:32 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

sorry Ken.

The mad man was intent on taking out as many as he could. He may have resorted to an knife, axe, etc. you get the gist. He would have resorted to any other means available.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #11 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 1:37 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Wait until you here the last comments in her testimony
AMEN!! That's one tough Lady.

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #12 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 1:54 pm

Meese, while in and of itself your statement is true, it's implication that outlawing weapons would make society safer is flawed, as the number of illegal shootings involving registered gun owners is very low. In fact, in 2005, states with Right To Carry laws, compared to the rest of the country, had lower violent crime rates on average.

I believe the speaker in the video is Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp. The attack happened October 16, 1991, in Killeen, TX. It came to be known as Luby's Massacre.
If you go to Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hennard
you can read about it.
The irony here is this woman was a registered gun owner, but left her weapon in her car per state law and was thus unarmed when her parents where killed.

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)

Last edited by KMC1; Dec 22nd, 2006 at 1:57 pm. Reason: remove apostrophre
post #13 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 2:04 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
The mad man was intent on taking out as many as he could. He may have resorted to an knife, axe, etc. you get the gist. He would have resorted to any other means available.
Agreed. But he would have been easier to stop if he had an axe or a knife, maybe even by that lady's father. Those are hand-to-hand weapons, whereas a gun gives you distance and accuracy.

In fact, that's what makes both arguments work. Guns are reviled by some because they are such efficient killing machines. So in the wrong hands they can wreak lots of havoc very quickly. And they are applauded by others because they are such efficient defensive tools. One guy with a gun can hold off a whole mob and protect his property or family.

The idealist in me would rather live in a world where we don't need guns to protect or to kill, but that's just not reality. But I also don't believe that arming every citizen is the answer either. And so the debate will rage on, longer than any of us will be around to see it.

My biggest concern is that the exact same arguments are being played out on a world stage, as smaller countries and terrorist groups strive to buy or build nuclear weapons, so they can "protect themselves" from those countries who have them already. Same basic argument, but with much larger and much more deadly consequences.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #14 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 2:12 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
Meese, while in and of itself your statement is true, it's implication that outlawing weapons would make society safer is flawed, as the number of illegal shootings involving registered gun owners is very low.
I never said I wanted to make guns illegal. I'd rather that they just didn't exist at all. But then again I'd rather that people didn't feel the need to kill one another either, regardless of the means or weapon used. But I also know that's idealistic and unrealistic, as it's just human nature to strike out at others on occasion. And those folks will always find a more powerful weapon, be it guns, driving their car into a crowded building, or building a bigger army with bombs, planes, and tanks. That hasn't changed in thousands of years, and so we're stuck in the mess the same as everyone else.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #15 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 4:19 pm

This is not a Second Amendment issue. It's a State law issue.

Bruce Hodges
post #16 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 4:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixchard
So you guys can hang on to your guns, my toys will command a lot more respect.
Right up until someone busts a cap in your ass.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #17 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 4:48 pm

Well no shit
Rock
post #18 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 5:41 pm

Quote:
Guns are reviled by some because they are such efficient killing machines.
Guns are harmless, man is the efficient killing machine!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #19 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 5:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Of course, this comes from a guy thats only gun is a .22 cal pea shooter.
I love the .22 round. You can plink with it all day cheaply, it doesn't make you sore and it's the favored round of assassin's. I really love my Kimber, I think my .44 mag Colt Anaconda is kewl.... I could go on.

I truly believe that the gun is the only thang that really keeps our government in line. Does anyone believe that Hitler would have gotten where he was if he hadn't mandated the confiscation of guns in Germany? I really fear the pol's that try to take our guns from us. What is their agenda?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #20 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 8:04 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
...I really fear the pol's that try to take our guns from us. What is their agenda?
Their stated agenda is to make us safe... from ourselves. Their real agenda (IMO) is to make us unable to stand up to a central government's tyranny. (reading that back to myself, it sounds paranoid; oh well...)

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #21 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
Their stated agenda is to make us safe... from ourselves. Their real agenda (IMO) is to make us unable to stand up to a central government's tyranny. (reading that back to myself, it sounds paranoid; oh well...)
Does your paranoia extend to the hovering black helicopters over your house

-=grif=-

Grok
post #22 of 23 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:53 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Guns are harmless, man is the efficient killing machine!
True, a gun never loaded itself and went after anybody. Guns are just a tool, but it does allow some madman to do a lot more damage in a shorter amount of time than he could do with a knife or another such instrument. The corrolary of course is that a trained LEO or soldier can use this tool to do his job much more efficiently.

Quote:
I truly believe that the gun is the only thang that really keeps our government in line.
I think that argument certainly has some merit. And I agree that taking the guns away from one group while allowing another group to keep them definitely shifts the balance. Again, the guns aren't at fault, but when one group has a significant and powerful advantage over another, sooner or later things take an ugly turn.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #23 of 23 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 7:05 am

Quote:
Guns are just a tool, but it does allow some madman to do a lot more damage in a shorter amount of time than he could do with a knife or another such instrument.
Give the madman a gun and he kills for a day, give the madman an A Bomb and he kills forever.

-=grif=-

Grok

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in