can you buy this in the USA? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 2:22 pm Thread Starter

can you buy this in the USA?

sorry not really a LT realated post but i'm hoping someone in the states might have seen one of these for sale which has a DIGITAL gauge.

http://snap31.photobox.co.uk/3696390...5976f41352.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 2:25 pm

Machine Mart in the UK sell digital tyre pressure gauges....

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 3:00 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly
Machine Mart in the UK sell digital tyre pressure gauges....
yes but not one that you can connect to a hose from an air compressor, that's what i want.

post #4 of 8 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 3:09 pm

I'm pretty sure that Machine Mart do a didgy one that connects to an airline, ... but ... the acuracy on most gauges is fairly suspect (analogue or digital)- blow your tyres up close to what you want, then use a proper, old fashioned gauge (with the poppy out stem bit) to read the true pressure (don't forget to calibrate it for air temp & pressure ) - seriously, if, even using a(n inaccurate)service station pump, if you get close to 42F/48R the bike will handle well

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

post #5 of 8 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 6:42 pm

I have one that looks just like it. I paid $68 for it at Costco and a air compressor came attached to it!

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #6 of 8 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 8:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman
sorry not really a LT realated post but i'm hoping someone in the states might have seen one of these for sale which has a DIGITAL gauge.

http://snap31.photobox.co.uk/3696390...5976f41352.jpg
Here is a nice one, not terribly cheap though:
http://www.autobarn.net/meams-5510b.html

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #7 of 8 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 8:30 pm

I bought one on eBay. You can do a search on eBay for "tire inflator" and you will see several styles that are available. The only ones that are exactly like this on eBay right now are in the UK but they show up from time to time from US sellers.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #8 of 8 Old Dec 14th, 2006, 1:03 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Here is a nice one, not terribly cheap though:
http://www.autobarn.net/meams-5510b.html

sorry but i don't think this one can be connected to an hose from an air compressor???
the air inflator i use on my workshop type air compressor is just like the one in the picture of my link, it's not very easy to know exactly which figure the needle is pointing at.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in