Carpal Tunnel Fix - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 5Likes
  • 5 Post By jzeiler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Sep 20th, 2017, 4:52 pm Thread Starter
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel Fix

I have been struggling with this for several years with the throttle had going numb occasionally. After I had my CMC surgery for osteo arthritis in my right thumb the carpal tunnel became much worse. A year after the CMC my recovery was full with good mobility and strength, but the carpal was very aggravated. I had the fix surgery done on the 5th of Sept and I also got a trigger finger release done on the ring finger. I had the stitches removed this Monday and was able to use the hand some what during the recovery period. The best news is I finally got out on the GT today and rode for over an hour with absolutely no numbness. I am really glad I had this done as I could not ride for more than 10 miles without the right hand going numb.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Sep 20th, 2017, 6:18 pm

Re: Carpal Tunnel Fix

post #3 of 4 Old Sep 21st, 2017, 2:58 pm
Lifetime Supporter

John,
I've had both of my wrists done. A few years ago I couldn't feel anything through my finger tips (L.H) to the point of having a hard time with shirt buttons (when I was working). Had the surgery and full feeling returned immediately. Back to the same doc and haven't looked back since! Strange, but after the latest procedure they wanted me to have PT. I had one appointment and could do all of the flex requirements and my grip was stronger than the therapist's. She said I was released.
They still billed my insurance over $500!

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #4 of 4 Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 7:58 pm Thread Starter
Wrencher Extraordinaire

I still have a slight numbness in the first three digits but no longer do they go completely numb. I suspect I have a small bit of nerve damage that may take a while to clear up. But I very happy with the results.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in