Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Houston, TX, USA
"That kid is so freakin' retahded. I had to explain what a CPU was. It's a computah. You know, C-P-U...Com-Pu-Tah."
I spotted a garage sale with some computer equipment on a table, so I went over to investigate. There was an old dot matrix printer, an amber screen monitor, and what appeared to be an IBM XT. The lady who was running the garage sale noticed me looking at her equipment and came over.
- Her: "Hey, are you interested in buying that? It's a full computer, still works. It's got a color modem and everything."
- Tech Support: "What version of the Mac OS are you using?"
- Customer: "Word 6.0."
I just went back to working after that, and he left complaining about how "crappy" the computers in the lab were, after trying to "lodge in" for ten more minutes.
- Student: "Hey, how do I lodge in to Hotmail?"
- Me: "You've got to type in your username and password in those fields that say 'username' and 'password'."
- Student: "I don't have one of those."
- Me: "You need one to log in to Hotmail."
- Student: "It's 'LODGE' in."
- Me: "The term is 'log in,' and you can't log in without a username and password. I can help you create one if you'd like."
- Student: "Um, excuse me, but I THINK I know what I'm talking about. It's LODGE in, and I don't want a username and password, I just want to get some email!"
This and more can be read at http://rinkworks.com/stupid/
'14 GSAW soon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Still in search of Occam's razor to cut a Gordian knot.