Now Thats a Whuppin! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 7:09 am Thread Starter

Now Thats a Whuppin!

"A certain woman thinks she is going to be speaker of the house, I tell you, it's not gonna happen.
Don't Believe the polls were in good shape were not gonna lose control of the house." G W Bush
Now thats funny right there.
GOP going from a double digit majority, to a 33 seat deficit.
I bet thats gonna leave a mark
Rock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 8:01 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
I bet thats gonna leave a mark
Rock
I didn't know it was going to be the Skid Mark of Rumsfeld being Flushed out of office.
Rock
post #3 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 8:09 am

Quote:
GOP going from a double digit majority, to a 33 seat deficit.
As if it matters. They're all a bunch of over-paid bums.

post #4 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 8:10 am Thread Starter

Quote:
I tell you, it's not gonna happen.
Don't Believe the polls were in good shape were not gonna lose control" G W Bush

Rock
Now they have lost control of the Senate, that has got to hurt, must be devastating!
Rock
post #5 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 10:29 am

Now we just have to wait and see if anything changes for the better overall, or just shift the crap from one hand to the other.

Already the Democrats are foaming at the mouth, first thing up is increase of minimum wage, and talk of Tax changes! Think those tax changes are not going to cost us all more, for no better return? Then there is a big bridge for sale in New York.
They all suck in the overall, no matter which party is in power. Some good people in any party, but the percentage unfortunately is pretty low. Wish there was some way to just get rid of the party system completely, and just get the best PEOPLE working for us. Sure is not going to happen though. No matter which party is in power, we get a few good people with many crappy ones riding in on their coat tails. In my opinion, the party system is enforcing mediocrity of government.

The Dems floated in basically because of our dissatisfaction with the Iraq/Afganistan issues, but what are we getting in return for the change? Only time will tell, but my bet is that it won't be "better" in the overall sense. We may get some satisfaction as far as the war(s) are concerned, but you better believe we will pay for it in some other way, which will become the new battle ground for 2012. It never stops, does it?

Hope I am wrong, but certainly not betting on it.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #6 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 11:05 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Sad Part is David, you and I both know your not wrong.
Rock
post #7 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 11:16 am

Politics : poli – more than one, tics – a blood sucking insect.

Malcolm McGee
Little Rock, AR
'00 K1200LTC Canyon Red
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'96 Bunkhouse
IBA #24557
BMWMOA #117769

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 11:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Now we just have to wait and see if anything changes for the better overall, or just shift the crap from one hand to the other.

Already the Democrats are foaming at the mouth, first thing up is increase of minimum wage, and talk of Tax changes! Think those tax changes are not going to cost us all more, for no better return? Then there is a big bridge for sale in New York.
They all suck in the overall, no matter which party is in power. Some good people in any party, but the percentage unfortunately is pretty low. Wish there was some way to just get rid of the party system completely, and just get the best PEOPLE working for us. Sure is not going to happen though. No matter which party is in power, we get a few good people with many crappy ones riding in on their coat tails. In my opinion, the party system is enforcing mediocrity of government.

The Dems floated in basically because of our dissatisfaction with the Iraq/Afganistan issues, but what are we getting in return for the change? Only time will tell, but my bet is that it won't be "better" in the overall sense. We may get some satisfaction as far as the war(s) are concerned, but you better believe we will pay for it in some other way, which will become the new battle ground for 2012. It never stops, does it?

I think the people we NEED in office don't want any part of the political mess we have. I also question the motives of just about anyone that WANTS to be in office. In our local elections, I know several of the candidates NEEDED a job or more accurately, an income. Sad.

Scrap the Congressional elections:
My recommendation is a truly random draft held every year. Odd district on odd years and even number districts on even years. Each draftee will serve two years. The draftee for each Congressional district shall be picked from a pool of at least 5,000 qualified citizens within that district (none of whom shall be lawyers, suggested by lawyers, or that want to be on the list). Qualified shall mean - solvent, has voted in at least 75% of all local, state and national elections for the last five years and is a BONAFIED citizen of the US. $150,000 per year salary for two years and no retirement. Pot luck can't be any worse than some of the ones that end up there with the system we have now.

Senate elections to stay as they are now except a term limit of one four year term. $200,000 per year salary and no retirement plan other than Social Security - if they qualify.

ALSO - all pay to both Congressional and Senate 'servants' shall come from the States from which they were elected or drafted so that they will be reminded monthly who they represent.

Snowball in hell?

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #9 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:34 pm

Quote:
Now they have lost control of the Senate, that has got to hurt, must be devastating!
Rock
I applauded when the GOP took over the House and Senate during Clinton's administration. And I'm applauding now that it's swung back. I don't want one single party in charge of both the elected branches of our government.

The best way for the checks and balances built into the system to work is for there to be an equitable sharing of power amongst opposing parties. And if that opposition causes grid-lock, all the better. The less they get done during as session, the less chance there is of really screwing things up.

Now either party is a crop of dingleberries for the most part. And I've never voted a straight party ticket in my life. Lobbyists know what they're doing when they bet on both sides of the political fence. If the public would just wise up and treat politicians like the pawns they are instead of the leaders they obviously aren't.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
post #10 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 9:16 pm
Lifetime Supporter

"representative" government... because, well, we couldn't all travel to D.C. Not to mention the slow communications...

Like our founding fathers and mothers, we are busy living our lives and we hope those we "send" to DC have our interests at heart.

When was the last time YOUR representative or senator showed up with anything other than an open hand saying "Hi, I'm from the guvamint an I'ze heah to hep u wit u problem!

Now, to borrow a word from John Lennon, "Imagine" ... the "government" being afraid of US.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 15 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Now, to borrow a word from John Lennon, "Imagine" ... the "government" being afraid of US.
A good number of the founding fathers of this nation thought they had that covered with the 2nd Amendment .

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #12 of 15 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 2:47 am

Politicians are all pretty much alike. First priority is get re-elected, and second is get more money from taxpayers to spend on you to make you think they are giving you something, when it was your money to start with. The founding fathers moved from England to escape what we now have again.
post #13 of 15 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 3:12 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost55
The founding fathers moved from England to escape what we now have again.
What, mushy peas?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #14 of 15 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 6:55 am Thread Starter

Once in awhile you find a good one in the mix
Small Scale, Jeff Harris was running to remove the minority whip in PA. Because he was a real scumbag, treated the tax payers checkbook like money he won in a crap game etc.
Jeff lost in the primary by 2 dozen votes, did he turn tail and go home with tail between his legs, no
He took all his people that supported him with time and funds poured them into the canidate that beat him in the primary. That helped oust the incumbent by a landslide victory, a team player in a field of me firsts. Rare but not extinct.
Rock
PS. It was Jeff's first try at politics, he said it didn't matter who got in, it was about who got out of office. Prior to running Jeff was state PR man for ABATE of PA
post #15 of 15 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 6:18 pm

First priority is get re-elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost55
Politicians are all pretty much alike. First priority is get re-elected....The founding fathers moved from England to escape what we now have again.
What you said...
Their zeal to be re-elected IS, in my humble opinion, the BIG problem. Lets see what the market does next year...may have to go back to work!

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in