• 1 Post By SmokinJoe
  • 2 Post By WillH
  • 1 Post By TwoWheels
  • 2 Post By SmokinJoe
  • 1 Post By pkpr1998

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old Nov 9th, 2016, 9:09 am Thread Starter

Talking Go Fund Me

Should we consider starting a Go Fund Me account for plane fare for ALL the mouthy people & celeb's like Al Sharpton, Jon Stewart, and Cher that stated they will leave the USA?
Is there a list of those that threatened to leave? I won't miss them!
Partial list:

Rosie O’Donnell
Eddie Griffin
Cher
Samuel L. Jackson
Barry Diller
Katie Hopkins
Omari Hardwick
Miley Cyrus
George Lopez
Eddie Griffin
Raven-Symoné

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old Nov 9th, 2016, 9:20 am

Garage
Re: Go Fund Me

Wherever they go they will try to make it just like the place they left so they will need Tesla Superchargers, Hollywood, and a gullible adoring public.
SmokinJoe likes this.

Current Bike: 2018 K1600B
Sold: 2014 R1200RT

Currently live in North Metro Atlanta (OTP)
post #3 of 38 Old Nov 9th, 2016, 7:59 pm Thread Starter

Well said, but I read they are backing off their threat to leave, as if we didn't know.

2001 Honda C-250 Helix

Smokin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 38 Old Nov 9th, 2016, 9:03 pm

Garage

To be fair, this is pretty much a staple of every election. I seem to remember threats of the same from Ted Nugent in 2008 if Obama won. He's still here. We should all just stop listening to these Hollywood idiots and enjoy their movies. Nobody takes the political opinion of their plumber that seriously, even if he's the best plumber that ever existed.

2000 R1100RT
post #5 of 38 Old Nov 10th, 2016, 8:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe View Post
Should we consider starting a Go Fund Me account for plane fare for ALL the mouthy people & celeb's like Al Sharpton, Jon Stewart, and Cher that stated they will leave the USA?

Gloat

verb (used without object)

to look at or think about with great or excessive, often smug or malicious, satisfaction:
The opposing team gloated over our bad luck.

noun

an act or feeling of gloating.
gorm5 likes this.

Rand & Susan Hawksworth
2000 K1200LT Champagne
post #6 of 38 Old Nov 10th, 2016, 3:46 pm Thread Starter

Rand, understanding you're from Oregon and all, don't know how you would construe this as gloating as they are the people making the statements to leave the country.

Definition of sore loser: a person who becomes very upset or angry when he or she loses a game, contest, etc.
TwoWheels likes this.

2001 Honda C-250 Helix

Smokin'

post #7 of 38 Old Nov 10th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Quote:
Partial list:

Rosie O’Donnell
Eddie Griffin
Cher
Samuel L. Jackson
Barry Diller
Katie Hopkins
Omari Hardwick
Miley Cyrus
George Lopez
Eddie Griffin
Raven-Symoné
You must really dislike Eddie Griffin. He's on your list twice.

Patrick Russell
I live and ride in Illinois, which has some of the straightest roads in the country.

1984 Bluish Honda CB 650 (retired)
1986 Red Honda Nighthawk 450 (abandoned)
Didn't own a bike from 1999 to 2012
1997 Black Honda Valkyrie (still own)
2005 Ocean Blue BMW K1200LT "Apocalypse" (bought in March '16)

IBA Saddlesore 1000

Bucket List destinations:
Sturgis (maybe)
Nova Scotia
Pacific Coast highway
post #8 of 38 Old Nov 11th, 2016, 7:14 am

Garage

I don't recall the "silent majority" doing this in 2008 and 2012 when Obama was elected/re-elected:

From the associated press: "Headline: Oregon is epicenter as Trump protests surge across nation. PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Another night of nationwide protests against Donald Trump's election came to a head in Portland, where thousands marched and some smashed store windows, lit firecrackers and sparked a dumpster blaze. Police termed the protest a riot and used "less lethal munitions" to help clear the streets....."

Oregon is epicenter as Trump protests surge across nation

Oh, but wait a minute, they have been doing this even while Obama was in office.

I am not a Trump fan but I am definitely against the political ruling class of white collar criminal bureaucrats that have been running this country - Democrat AND Republican.

I am not gloating yet - the man hasn't even taken office yet so only time will tell if he can get something done.

post #9 of 38 Old Nov 12th, 2016, 6:13 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH I am definitely against the political ruling class of white collar criminal bureaucrats that have been running this country - Democrat AND Republican.
Agree- while any certain party resorts to coddling in order to take ADVANTAGE of the minority voter thus making them dependent (enslaved) on government!

2001 Honda C-250 Helix

Smokin'

Last edited by SmokinJoe; Nov 12th, 2016 at 9:09 am.
post #10 of 38 Old Nov 12th, 2016, 4:42 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Can't we just use the funds collected in 2008 for all the Reds that claimed they flee the country if Obama won?

Same bullshït rhetoric and posturing back then, and I don't remember anyone of them that followed through that time...

It's simply a stupid threat to make, regardless of your personal ideology.
gorm5 likes this.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #11 of 38 Old Nov 12th, 2016, 9:38 pm
Cat Herder

Garage

You forgot:
Whoopi and Barbra Streisand

Rosie O’Donnell
Eddie Griffin
Cher
Samuel L. Jackson
Barry Diller
Katie Hopkins
Omari Hardwick
Miley Cyrus
George Lopez
Eddie Griffin
Raven-Symoné

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

post #12 of 38 Old Nov 13th, 2016, 8:10 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese View Post
Can't we just use the funds collected in 2008 for all the Reds that claimed they flee the country if Obama won?

Same bullshït rhetoric and posturing back then, and I don't remember anyone of them that followed through that time...

It's simply a stupid threat to make, regardless of your personal ideology.
I think they actually believe: 1) That some people might listen to them and take them seriously; and 2) That they might influence someone to vote a particular way.

Colin Kaepernik stating that he didn't vote (in protest) is the same mentality.

post #13 of 38 Old Nov 13th, 2016, 3:09 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
2008 for all the Reds that claimed they flee the country if Obama won?

Ken, What famous or noteworthy republicans/independents said that? I can't seem to find any.

2001 Honda C-250 Helix

Smokin'

Last edited by SmokinJoe; Nov 13th, 2016 at 3:32 pm.
post #14 of 38 Old Nov 13th, 2016, 4:11 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

It was all over the web 8 years ago.

Just as it was 8 years before that.

Same bullshit, different year, different shovels.

What gets me about this one is the vitriol and hate spewing from certain right wingers. Now I don't believe that everyone on the right is that agressive and assholish, any more than I believe that everyone on the left is that whiny and clueless.

And remember, this was a very close race, with neither candidate gaining a clear majority and Clinton edging out the popular vote by a mere half a percent.

Honestly the vast majority of people I talk to are disgusted with the current state of politics in general, and are really just trying to get by and live their lives in peace and relative prosperity, regardless of who holds what office.

But posts such as this one that are purely meant to gloat and divide and foster the Us againt Them attitude are a large part of the problem with this one, no matter which side of the aisle you prefer to stand...

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #15 of 38 Old Nov 13th, 2016, 4:25 pm Thread Starter

I promise I was not gloating or looking to cause hurt, not my style...

I simply wanted to bring some satire into a thorny election, while reminding people of the ridiculousness of celebs saying crazy things thinking they may sway our vote. As if we give a crap.

2001 Honda C-250 Helix

Smokin'

post #16 of 38 Old Nov 13th, 2016, 5:14 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Fair enough.

I just don't think this particular set of idiotic pronouncements is much different than the last ones, or the ones before that...

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #17 of 38 Old Nov 15th, 2016, 6:28 am

Garage

Quote:
Honestly the vast majority of people I talk to are disgusted with the current state of politics in general, and are really just trying to get by and live their lives in peace and relative prosperity, regardless of who holds what office.
I agree with this statement; However, when Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid announce on TV yesterday that Steve Bannon is a white nationalist and white supremacist and Bernie Sanders says that Trump's bigotry must be fought then I would submit that they ARE the problem. It was not a close race if one looks at the geographic map (red and blue) of voting results - America voted against these people because of their policies of division and hate which they still seem to want to continue which will keep the kettle boiling even longer. The democratic party has moved so far left it is scary and they run a huge propaganda machine and one cannot believe anything that they say. They stay in power because they give things to people in return for votes and they foster and promote the US and against THEM mentality that you refer to: They are masters of this.

And yes, some of the things that Trump said during the debates and on the campaign trail do bother me and that is why I held my nose when I voted for him but we will see if "Candidate" Trump and "President" Trump are the same person. These campaigns are very aggressive on both sides and a lot of bad things are said by both sides.

Last edited by WillH; Nov 15th, 2016 at 6:53 am.
post #18 of 38 Old Nov 15th, 2016, 10:20 am
IBR# 366

Garage

It was a very close race, with no real clear majority anywhere.

And everything you just posted could just as easily be applied to the far right's propoganda machine.

Both sides suck. Such is modern politics.

I may or may not agree with many of the things the left says and does, but their general goals and ideals more closely match my own, even if we may disagree on execution.

Whereas I often disagree with most of the things I see the right saying and doing, quite strongly in many cases.

You can use whatever terms you wish to describe Trump and his flip-flopping rhetoric (which traces back far before this election), but the people he's allowing into positions of power are so diametrically opposed to the things that I believe in that I'm honestly worried what the next four years will bring.

But that's the way it is. They'll have their shot for a while. Maybe 4 years, maybe 8. But it'll swing back around again, just as it always does.

And in the meantime, we'll all just try and get by and do the best we can for ourselves and our family. Same as always, really.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #19 of 38 Old Nov 15th, 2016, 11:50 am

Garage

Not sure exactly what you are referring to as propaganda from the far right but nevertheless I think you will find that the far right wing of the Republican party is a small non-controlling minority nowadays and the election of Trump was as much of a dissatisfaction with not only the left but also the right. I think most of us are in the middle or lean a little bit to the right on fiscal issues.

post #20 of 38 Old Nov 15th, 2016, 11:25 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

It's ironic that people voted for Trump out of dissatisfaction with the political system, and yet he's currently filling the upper government with seasoned politicians who are clearly part of the old guard, and who have what I consider far right leanings. Folks that I strongly disagree with on many issues and topics.

At this point, Trump is merely a distraction, so that those who do know how to work the system can work it quickly and quietly. And it will be for their own benefit. Not for my benefit, nor for the benefit of the people who actually voted for them. Y'all have been royally fooled, my friends...

Personally, I prefer to be fiscally conservative, yet socially liberal. Money does matter, as it's the common currency that we all use, but people should always matter more. And that's all people, not just the ones who happen to agree with you.

And I just don't see this upcoming administration caring at all about anyone but themselves.
Stafford123 and Rhawk2 like this.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #21 of 38 Old Nov 16th, 2016, 8:00 am

Garage

The problem is that folks are deceiving themselves if they actually believe that any politician cares about them: They care about staying in power and getting re-elected and will do and say most anything to achieve those goals. The democrats have aligned/targeted their message to a particular group of voters and the republicans have done the same.

Time will tell if Trump is a success or failure.

post #22 of 38 Old Nov 21st, 2016, 6:09 am Thread Starter

Trump has taken and used information right out of the democratic play book; to destroy, confuse, besmirch, lie, stretch/ alter truth, etc. & the pompous dem's had NO idea what hit them.

Funny though, look at all the RIOTS, destruction, and unpatriotic behavior exhibited by the socially TOLERANT and all inclusive left wingers and college kids.
Come on, colleges having mourning services, comfort food for goodness sake.

All phony's with too much entitlements and time on their hands, many likely to starve if times get real bad.

2001 Honda C-250 Helix

Smokin'

post #23 of 38 Old Nov 21st, 2016, 8:30 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Is this still just satire and ridiculousness and attempt to bring some levity to a very bad situation, or have we officially devolved into something else?

You promised that you weren't gloating or looking to cause hurt towards those that may disagree with you on this whole mess...

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #24 of 38 Old Nov 21st, 2016, 11:37 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Is this still just satire and ridiculousness and attempt to bring some levity to a very bad situation, or have we officially devolved into something else?

You promised that you weren't gloating or looking to cause hurt towards those that may disagree with you on this whole mess...
What "very bad situation"?
I am just slightly short of estatic.

Election is over, get over it.
post #25 of 38 Old Nov 21st, 2016, 2:43 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

I think you may find that just over half of those who voted disagree with you, along with many others who voted independent or simply abstained because they just couldn't stomach either leading candidate.

All Trump has done so far is to legitimize bigotry, hatred, and aggression against anyone who isn't white, male, upper class, and connected.

Your glee and disdain simply proves that point.

And now he's trying to institutionalize it with his various cabinet appointments. Which surely isn't what makes America great.

The fight for the future of this country is just getting started, and it's gonna be messy, my friend...

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #26 of 38 Old Nov 21st, 2016, 5:55 pm
Lifetime Supporter

ok, I am far from thinking Trump is going to be a great President. I am hoping he improves.
I am certain that he cannot be worse than the current resident of the Whitehouse.

I am very much a southern redneck, which for ya'll left coasters, is a working man.
I am sick and tired of paying taxes and seeing it going for phones and baby factories.

Dan M.
unapologetic
pkpr1998 likes this.
post #27 of 38 Old Nov 21st, 2016, 8:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
To be fair, this is pretty much a staple of every election. I seem to remember threats of the same from Ted Nugent in 2008 if Obama won. He's still here. We should all just stop listening to these Hollywood idiots and enjoy their movies. Nobody takes the political opinion of their plumber that seriously, even if he's the best plumber that ever existed.
You are saying we shouldn't listen to people making a living by being told what to wear, having makeup applied to be someone/something else, being given what to say, how to say it, where to say it and get to say it over and over again for take after take until they get it done the way the director wants?
post #28 of 38 Old Nov 21st, 2016, 8:15 pm

Quote:
...All Trump has done so far is to legitimize bigotry, hatred, and aggression against anyone who isn't white, male, upper class, and connected.
Which specific people are the bigots showing hatred and aggression? How have they shown this hatred to others and what specific damage have they done?
post #29 of 38 Old Nov 21st, 2016, 9:37 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjim View Post
You are saying we shouldn't listen to people making a living by being told what to wear, having makeup applied to be someone/something else, being given what to say, how to say it, where to say it and get to say it over and over again for take after take until they get it done the way the director wants?
I know, it's crazy talk, but you know me, always taking extreme measures.
guitarjim likes this.

2000 R1100RT
post #30 of 38 Old Nov 21st, 2016, 9:40 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjim View Post
Which specific people are the bigots showing hatred and aggression? How have they shown this hatred to others and what specific damage have they done?
Well, from what I've seen in the news, they've blocked traffic, lit fires, spray painted graffiti, rioted probably caused millions in damage and done a lot of chanting about "not my president".
pkpr1998 likes this.

2000 R1100RT
post #31 of 38 Old Nov 22nd, 2016, 7:35 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, from what I've seen in the news, they've blocked traffic, lit fires, spray painted graffiti, rioted probably caused millions in damage and done a lot of chanting about "not my president".
I believe GuitarJim was speaking of the purported hatred and damage from Trump supporters as portrayed by Ken Meece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
...All Trump has done so far is to legitimize bigotry, hatred, and aggression against anyone who isn't white, male, upper class, and connected.
Wow, I am amazed at how thin skinned some of us are.
pkpr1998 likes this.

2001 Honda C-250 Helix

Smokin'

post #32 of 38 Old Nov 22nd, 2016, 8:18 am

Garage

Quote:
All Trump has done so far is to legitimize bigotry, hatred, and aggression against anyone who isn't white, male, upper class, and connected.......And now he's trying to institutionalize it with his various cabinet appointments. Which surely isn't what makes America great.
It is very interesting how folks on the left always bring race into any discussion.

If you look at the election results you will find that the very poor and the very rich supported Hillary. It is the people in the middle that voted for Trump. Think about this fact before you jump to conclusions about race, bigotry, hatred, and upper class connected people. BTW, the Clintons are the epitome of upper class connected people.

The left is projecting what Trump will do as President just like the right is projecting - no one really knows do they?. He is neither Democrat nor Republican. Granted most of his appointments are (so far) coming from the Republican party but that could mean that there are simply no centrist or conservative Democrats out there anymore. As I have stated before, the Democratic party has moved so far left that a large group of middle class Americans feel like they have been left behind. Had the Democrats fielded anyone but Hillary I think the election would have taken a different turn. Donald Trump and his team ran a brilliant campaign.
SmokinJoe and TwoWheels like this.

post #33 of 38 Old Nov 22nd, 2016, 10:45 am

Garage

Quote:
I believe GuitarJim was speaking of the purported hatred and damage from Trump supporters as portrayed by Ken Meece.
Regardless of what Jim was really asking, I think you're missing the point of my answer.

2000 R1100RT
post #34 of 38 Old Nov 22nd, 2016, 11:58 pm

I appreciate the direction Whiskey took my statement. He did point out the group that is actually showing hatred and even bigotry against people that are different from them.

The MSM has yelled racism, etc. from the top of their lungs without any actual proof. I just saw another example as an interviewer (the Wolf) was pushing for an answer to why Trump hasn't responded to disavow the support from white supremacists - BUT Trump has repeatedly disavowed those racist groups. It is as if some people believe if you call the color purple as yellow, eventually, people will believe that yellow is the new name for the color formerly known as purple. How many meetings did HC have with pastors of "Black Churches?" Less than Trump did. Trump has already put forth names of women and people of various ethnic backgrounds for various government positions - including those on the Cabinet. That doesn't look like a racist bigot to me. It is just more rhetoric from a MSM that is still mourning it's loss. Why the MSM is so beholden to the Clinton family is beyond my understanding (unless it is just a continuation of a very progressive idea these rich people that read off of a teleprompter for a living want to push).
post #35 of 38 Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 7:28 am

Garage

Yellow is the new name for the color formerly known as purple which is the color of the artist formerly known as Prince.

Sorry... too soon?

2000 R1100RT
post #36 of 38 Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 8:49 am

Quote:
Yellow is the new name for the color formerly known as purple which is the color of the artist formerly known as Prince.

Sorry... too soon?
Well played. Never too soon.

Speaking of purple...
I love you.
You love me.
We're a happy BMW family.

Now back to the regularly scheduled discourse.

The only person I'm going to agree with (almost) all the time is ME... and even then I sure wouldn't want anyone to hear my internal arguments. (It is a good thing I have a cell phone or people would think I'm a crazy person wandering around aimlessly talking to myself.)

Politicians on all sides have regularly demonstrated their disdain for the average voter... ESPECIALLY the voter footing the bill. That is what made the founding fathers so forward thinking... While technology may change, the basic nature of man has remained pretty much the same through our written knowledge. Give someone too much power and they will likely abuse it. If we had politicians who ONLY followed the Constitution vs. chasing votes, they wouldn't have such overbearing power in our day to day lives. Then none of us would be any more affected than which outfit a Kardashian is wearing... and then we could get back to arguing about important stuff like which oil to use, tire pressures, after market seats, etc.
Whiskey likes this.
post #37 of 38 Old Nov 24th, 2016, 6:10 am Thread Starter

Quote:
I think you're missing the point of my answer.
No, I fully agree with your point but likely read too deeply..
It is mind boggling that many young Americans would want destroy their brothers property and life simply because their candidate did not win.
The kicker is MANY of them did not even vote!
Question; It is possible they are coming to the reality that the promises of a free ride, free college, food, phone, internet, insurance etc. may be coming to an end?
TwoWheels and Whiskey like this.

2001 Honda C-250 Helix

Smokin'

post #38 of 38 Old Nov 25th, 2016, 3:40 pm

Quote:
Well said, but I read they are backing off their threat to leave, as if we didn't know.

and that just plain sucks too! I would not use gofundme as you loose 5% and I would want to make sure that 100% of money went to get these idiots out of our country
SmokinJoe likes this.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in