Been gone toooo long - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Sep 22nd, 2016, 5:33 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Been gone toooo long

Sad to say but 4 months is unbearable
Back in spring I converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My toy worked well for a while and then gave out (my computer that is). After buying a new battery I found out through more trouble-shooting that the internal battery was the culprit. So trying to pinch a few pennies I decided to perform the operation on my own. I succeeded in the replacement but not in the rebooting.

Well I waited as long as I could for the back to school sales (to pinch a couple more dimes this time) before aquiring a new machine. Only now I could not sign in on my account. Had to contact the Adm. So now here I am.

Update: not much riding this summer, a couple rides but no long trips. Although I was car-bound for thousands of miles for graduations, birthdays, pickup and drop off grand-kids and oh yes sadly one home going. So I ran the gamet. Wish it was all done on the bike wold have been even enjoyable.

ride safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Sep 22nd, 2016, 6:03 pm

Re: Been gone toooo long

So do you feel that Windows 10 was the culprit for the battery failure? I updated from Win7 to Win10 earlier this summer and have been generally pleased. Coincidently, I had to replace the laptop battery just a few days ago and it seems all is well again. Unrelated to the battery failure, I think, is that iTunes does not recognize my iPhone.

Scott and Theresa
Munising, MI
2004 K1200LT Black
2014 Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Sep 22nd, 2016, 6:43 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Re: Been gone toooo long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munmi View Post
So do you feel that Windows 10 was the culprit for the battery failure? I updated from Win7 to Win10 earlier this summer and have been generally pleased. Coincidently, I had to replace the laptop battery just a few days ago and it seems all is well again. Unrelated to the battery failure, I think, is that iTunes does not recognize my iPhone.
No I wouldn't say so.

My laptop was an '09 running win 7 after an upgrade from vista. As I recalled back in 2011 or '12 I did replace the external battery. Which promtted me to buy the second external one this time around before finding out that the 'CMOS' battery needed replacing. I was not a happy camper being without a keyboard at my fingertips to do my research and educafy myself. I know now from the web machine that those batteries have a 6-7 year expectancy. Getting to it's location on the motherboard was the only culprit.

I did notice the brightness of the Windows 10 logo on the home screen so one of the things I did in settings was tone down the brightness (if it would save the battery). I think I am getting longer periods when I am not plugged up, haven't timed it but it sure seems so.

ride safe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in