Heading to Maine - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 16th, 2015, 5:41 pm Thread Starter

Heading to Maine

I am heading to Maine in a about 3 weeks I have good routes picked out for Penn,New York State,VT,New Ham,but I am not sure what all I should see in Maine I hoping somebody can give me a few must see things in Maine and plus I am thinking of coming back thorugh Canada back to Michigan any Ideas on that or should I stay right in the States

Gary
2003 K1200LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 16th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Garage
Re: Heading to Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryEm View Post
I am heading to Maine in a about 3 weeks I have good routes picked out for Penn,New York State,VT,New Ham,but I am not sure what all I should see in Maine I hoping somebody can give me a few must see things in Maine and plus I am thinking of coming back thorugh Canada back to Michigan any Ideas on that or should I stay right in the States
Not from there
But was there June'14. First I will not contradict your planned route will just say I rode from the mid west via rt6 into PA slab to Albany then rt9 thru VT to NH beautiful. Slab again north to rt2 to Bangor ME. also beautiful. Oh yeah and a partial rt7.
My destination was Acadia N.P "must see" check out I'm back part 2.
From there I rounded my trip down the coast to DE before turning west back home. Some of the people I encountered from ME and of Canada(riders) recommeded the popular coast road to Canada but can't speak to that since I did not venture that way.

ride safe
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 9:31 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmith View Post
Not from there
But was there June'14. First I will not contradict your planned route will just say I rode from the mid west via rt6 into PA slab to Albany then rt9 thru VT to NH beautiful. Slab again north to rt2 to Bangor ME. also beautiful. Oh yeah and a partial rt7.
My destination was Acadia N.P "must see" check out I'm back part 2.
From there I rounded my trip down the coast to DE before turning west back home. Some of the people I encountered from ME and of Canada(riders) recommeded the popular coast road to Canada but can't speak to that since I did not venture that way.

ride safe
Thanks Bill for the info

Gary
2003 K1200LT

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 6:32 pm

Wife and I just came back from the Cabot Trail last week and headed home through Maine If you are near RTE 9 east of Bangor it is a nice ride but you have to stop at the Airline café. Good coffee and great homemade pies fresh every day. We didn't stay there but they have some nice little cabins and super fuel. We headed west out of Bangor and followed RTE 2 through New Hampshire into Vermont nice ride good road a lots of little towns to stop, explore and eat. Headed north in Vermont and crossed the border into Quebec. Some nice roads through the area and you can pick up Hwy 2 in Ontario it follows the St Lawrence and runs into the Loyalist Parkway. Don't be afraid of crossing the border, we don't bite. If you want I get give ideas through Ontario back to Michigan around Toronto and some nice roads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
apparently you can get there from here
R1200 GSA 2013
RT1200 2011 (Gone but not forgotten)
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 10:14 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucedog View Post
Wife and I just came back from the Cabot Trail last week and headed home through Maine If you are near RTE 9 east of Bangor it is a nice ride but you have to stop at the Airline café. Good coffee and great homemade pies fresh every day. We didn't stay there but they have some nice little cabins and super fuel. We headed west out of Bangor and followed RTE 2 through New Hampshire into Vermont nice ride good road a lots of little towns to stop, explore and eat. Headed north in Vermont and crossed the border into Quebec. Some nice roads through the area and you can pick up Hwy 2 in Ontario it follows the St Lawrence and runs into the Loyalist Parkway. Don't be afraid of crossing the border, we don't bite. If you want I get give ideas through Ontario back to Michigan around Toronto and some nice roads.

Bruce I am interested in a route thorugh Ontario on my way back up thorugh NH,VT,NYS its a nother couple weeks before I leave so I am in the planning stage

Gary
2003 K1200LT
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 7:46 pm

Let me know if your looking for roads outside of the populated areas. Around Toronto or if you want to come through the city there are all sort of options

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
apparently you can get there from here
R1200 GSA 2013
RT1200 2011 (Gone but not forgotten)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in