Request for assistance - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By meese

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old May 19th, 2015, 8:20 pm Thread Starter
IBR# 366

Garage
Request for assistance

Please pardon the non bike related content, but I’d like to ask your assistance for some dear friends who suddenly find themselves in need.

I'm sure that most of the folks here know Ernie Azevedo (ErnieA), a Lifetime Supporter of this list. He and Pauline are veterans of several CCR's and local ride-ins over the past decade. Many of you have benefitted from his generosity and technical expertise over the years, just as I have, and a few of you may even be running one of his fuel cells or some other custom fabricated parts.

His son and daughter-in-law, Bob & Nora, were in a terrible car wreck this weekend. They are currently at Renown Hospital in Reno (of which I can personally attest is a top-notch facility). I was able to visit them on Monday, and while things are pretty serious overall, they are in good spirits and they’re both fighters.

We believe they are through the worst of it and hopefully they should make full recoveries, but due to multiple broken bones and other injuries they are looking at months of therapy/recovery and a huge pile of medical/rehab bills, plus rent and other living expenses while they are both out of work for the forseeable future.

A family friend has set up a GoFundMe account in order to collect some funds to help them through this difficult time. If you are able to make even a small donation, it would be much appreciated. Even $5-$10 helps, and anything above that even more so.

The link is:

Help Nora and Bob by Nora Azevedo - GoFundMe

Bob & Nora are based in Portland, OR, where Dayle and I have recently relocated. So we’ll be keeping a close eye on them over the coming months and offering whatever physical assistance we can to help them get through this difficulty until they can get (quite literally) back on their feet.

Again, I apologize for the blatant solicitation, but I figure this group knows some things about long, difficult paths, and taking care of each other.

Thanks,

Ken Meese
amarider and johnbaker15 like this.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old May 21st, 2015, 11:05 am Thread Starter
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: Request for assistance

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far, we're closing in on $5,000! That's nothing compared to the astronomical medical expenses for a situation like this, but it will go a long way to helping Bob and Nora through months of recovery and daily living expenses once they finally get out of the hospital/rehab center and make it back home.

They are both through the major surgeries and fully awake now. They still have a long way to go, and can't really speak due to breathing tubes (more for safety at this point than anything else) but they're both communicating non-verbally.

And both of them immediately asked how the other was doing. They're in the same ICU, but at opposite ends, so Ernie and Pauline have been relaying messages back and forth.

There's still quite a difficult road ahead, but we're now on the long downhill slope.

BTW, here's a picture of the truck. It's amazing how anyone survived that at all.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in