Chili madness - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 11:50 pm Thread Starter

Smile Chili madness

Ok. Need some suggestions for a GREAT chili. No beans, according to the cookoff rules we're participating in for the local American Legion post. Like a "kick" to the receipe. Any suggestions?? If yer willing to share, send me a PM on the receipe or post here. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Oct 18th, 2005, 12:33 am

hot stuff

i saute the spices / peppers then add meat.
post #3 of 7 Old Oct 18th, 2005, 2:31 am
vvk

Hi Jeff

Uhm,

Lesse... groundworks:
Onions, tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms and bell peppers.
Add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper (very spicy), lime juice or vinegar or Balsamico. More spicy? Tabasco.
While serving sprinkle finely chopped baked lard, Sprigs of koriander and creme fraiche(double cream?)

No beans, but could go with minced meat and pasta, rice or as topping of an omelet.

Miles of smiles of miles of smiles of...
The hardest thing to do on a K1200LT is riding it home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vic
Booze Brother #1
Gandalf Grau
The Netherlands

post #4 of 7 Old Oct 18th, 2005, 7:33 am

Use a sweet Belgian style ale as your stock, this will give a sweet balance to the spiciness. Ten or fifteen minutes before removing from the stove add a shot or two of whiskey.
post #5 of 7 Old Oct 18th, 2005, 4:39 pm

Cross referencing my other hobby

I'll hook you up to another forum I frequent. They do sell products, but this just takes you to the forum. Lot of good cooks here and great advice.

http://www.kamado.com/discus/message...tml?1125416749

Dan
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; Nolan 103 Helmet w/Bluetooth;
;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),
; Clymer Manual; BMW Service DVD
post #6 of 7 Old Oct 19th, 2005, 4:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong
Ok. Need some suggestions for a GREAT chili. No beans, according to the cookoff rules we're participating in for the local American Legion post. Like a "kick" to the receipe. Any suggestions?? If yer willing to share, send me a PM on the receipe or post here. Thanks.
Tomorrow is our department chile cookoff - in a field of Texas Red chile entries, I always bring my Green Chile Stew. Two years ago I won the "Fusion Chile" award for hottest. Last year, I won the "People's Choice" award.

Basic recipe - brown an onion and several diced garlic cloves, then brown 2-lbs meat-of-choice (burger, ground pork, cubed sirloin, whatever). Dump in crock pot, add 2-3 cans diced tomatoes, 2 tsp salt, 1 TBLS cracked corriander seeds, 2 TBLS lime juice, one bunch of fresh cilantro (chopped) and then 1-3 cups of chopped hot Hatch green chile according to Scoville rating desired. Add a cup or two of water. Stew it all day in crock. Serve topped with shredded cheese.

Tha hard part is finding the green chile. Forget those little 6-oz cans in the Mexican food aisle - they are wimpy, weak and volumetrically insufficient. Hatch chile can be got frozen all year round from any grocery between El Paso and Santa Fe (Bueno brand, in big plastic tubs), or buy it fresh in sacks during chile harvest in August-September, again in New Mexico. If you don't live near New Mexico, you can get it over the internet at http://www.nmcchile.com/

Green rocks!

Dave Moore
Boerne, Texas
Chain-driven '08 Blazing Orange Triumph Tiger 1050i
post #7 of 7 Old Oct 19th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixchard
Use a sweet Belgian style ale as your stock, this will give a sweet balance to the spiciness. Ten or fifteen minutes before removing from the stove add a shot or two of whiskey.
Where's your next cookoff?! I want to sample a gallon or two of your stuff!

Pete Jessen
CCR 02, 03, 04, 08, 10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in