I-BMW.Com - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Oct 15th, 2005, 2:03 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy I-BMW.Com

What has happened to the other site that hosted the RS,GT,S and R models. This site has been around for many years for which I have followed. But now it seems to be gone, its like losing an old friend. Hopefully this site will be back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Oct 15th, 2005, 2:16 pm

They had some type of issue w/ that domain name I think (BMW's lawyers?) - it's now hosted at www.k-bikes.com

Richard Kuethe
The Quiet Room
post #3 of 4 Old Oct 15th, 2005, 2:31 pm Thread Starter

Talking ahhhhhh

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 4 Old Oct 15th, 2005, 4:37 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoom
They had some type of issue w/ that domain name I think (BMW's lawyers?) - it's now hosted at www.k-bikes.com
Richard;

The site's going dark was not due directly to legal issues, but there were some in the background.

You can read my statement at the top of any forum on that website. Another version of the events is posted at www.i-bmw.com

www.k-bikes.com is a project we were in the process of developing with the intent of an orderly transition under the i-bmw.com domain. Despite our concerted efforts we were unable to get any agreement with that domain's owner which would have given us legal protections if we were to continue hosting the community. We had hosted that community since May, 2003.

Since 2003 that site has existed on the same servers as this one and operated on the same customized software we used to launch this site in 2002.

We had been prepared to launch www.k-bikes.com as an independent project since late last month. It was only at the eleventh hour, with the knowledge that the domain's owner was standing idly by, that the Administrators from www.i-bmw.com asked us to allow them to guide their membership to the new site. They were as surprised as we were when the domain was redirected to a blank page yesterday afternoon.

www.k-bikes.com is truly a complimentary community to this one and we invite you to go and check it out.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in