BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Looking for suggestions for Nov trip

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RiverRat 
#1 ·
I'm looking for suggestions, roads to take, major museums to see etc when I ride from Maine back to AZ around the end of Oct, beginning of Nov.

I brought my Aerostich roadcrafter which is super in rain and down to around mid 60s?

My winter jacket is back in Tucson; winter being upper 60s during the day and 40s at night.

Suggestions for clothing if the temps drop below mid 60s will also be greatly appreciated.

I had thought about riding the Blue Ridge Tpk but wonder if it will be too cold?

Best from Gorham ME
Bob

#2 ·
This spring (early May) I rode to Dallas from Caldwell Idaho, low temp of 33 f snow, rain wind all were kept a bay by the Olympia Ranger gear I had for the trip. It stopped the wind and rain well, at one point I was in a very heavy snow storm temp was 33 and I was a about 8000 ft elevation wondering why??? I did not get wet, between the gear and heated grips and seat I was doing 600 mile days. I would say it is good gear and would buy it again. Take care ride safe Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.