Hey Joe . . Another Snow/Chill Day? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Feb 10th, 2008, 10:02 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up Hey Joe . . Another Snow/Chill Day?

Monday
Partly sunny. A chance of flurries in the morning. Highs around 17. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill values as low as 15 below in the morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blizzard.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	16545  

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Feb 10th, 2008, 1:05 pm

Thumbs up Yea Baby!!!

At -15 they have to call off school. C'MON JACK FROST!!!
post #3 of 12 Old Feb 10th, 2008, 1:26 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

I'm leaving for a quick trip trip to Phoenix . . . 75 deg.!
But, gotta return Monday afternoon.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #4 of 12 Old Feb 10th, 2008, 2:01 pm

Hey guys

Had to go to work for 2 hours today, bldg inspection, it was like a blizzard out there. Joe you have to learn how to do the SNOW DANCE that the teachers do, I use to have to work 8 hours on snow days, but they are trying to save money, so now only the custodian goes in for 3 hours, I learned that snow dance real fast.

BLOW BABY BLOW !!!!!!!

Glen
post #5 of 12 Old Feb 10th, 2008, 9:31 pm

It's official!!! No work tomorrow!!!

Life
Is
Good!!!
post #6 of 12 Old Feb 11th, 2008, 6:39 am

Have a great day JOE, I got the page last night around 10pm and it would have been real sweet if I was'nt at my daughters house working on their furnace! But with the help of a GREAT friend who came out in sub zero temp we got them back in action.

Maybe I will take a cruise to the cycle stores, just to window shop, thats waht I will tell the wife.

Glen
post #7 of 12 Old Feb 11th, 2008, 7:32 am

Brrrrrrrrr. . . . . . . .

Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #8 of 12 Old Feb 11th, 2008, 10:29 am

Hey ... it's 10:30! Guess we should be gettin' up. The little lady's gonna make us waffles, and then we'll build a fire, and then who knows what. Oh this is tough! And getting paid for it ta boot.

I ain't mad at nobody.
post #9 of 12 Old Feb 11th, 2008, 1:49 pm
Cat Herder

Hmmm, I'll take a day where I can RIDE to work at 60F over a snow day any time.
post #10 of 12 Old Feb 11th, 2008, 1:56 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Hey ... it's 10:30! Guess we should be gettin' up. The little lady's gonna make us waffles, and then we'll build a fire, and then who knows what. Oh this is tough! And getting paid for it ta boot.
You just described every day for me, except that we don't have any kids to sort out. Oh, and when I do have to commute to work, it starts on Highway 33 which is a road that I believe you're familiar with.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #11 of 12 Old Feb 11th, 2008, 2:36 pm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
and when I do have to commute to work, it starts on Highway 33 which is a road that I believe you're familiar with.
Hwy 33's 'OK', I guess. If you're into that sort of thing.

Can't wait to get out to the leftcoast at the beginning of May. My time out there will be too short ... but I'll take it.
post #12 of 12 Old Feb 11th, 2008, 2:45 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Hwy 33's 'OK', I guess. If you're into that sort of thing.
Yeah, it's a nice detour. My favorite is when I pass a whole row of Porsches, or S2000's, or a tightly packed phalanx or bikes. Sometimes it's just a local club, sometimes it's a magazine test group, sometimes it's the manufacturers getting some road time in.

I'll admit there's much better scenery out there than our dry coastal deserts and mountains, but I'm not usually focused on much besides the tarmac snaking away ahead of me.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in