Tourist info, please. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Feb 25th, 2007, 5:17 pm Thread Starter

Tourist info, please.

Howdy all - got a question for somebody.

Second week of May, Cheryl and a friend are going to D.C. for some vacation time, some sightseeing, and touring some of the usual POI places. We've got the travel plans covered both ways, and are now looking at a place to stay. After their horrifying experience last year in Europe, staying at a *House of Wax* hotel recommended and selected by a lousy ex-travel agent, this trip they're gonna select their own accommodations.

So far, the front runner is the Renaissance Mayflower, touted to be within walking distance of most of the tourist-visited places, and with easy access to the Metro. My question is, before the gals wrap up their itinerary and make reservations: if someone has any first, or second-hand info on this hotel. It's listed in a couple websites as being four-star, and with some pretty good customer write-ups. Sounds good to us, butt so did the hotel in Florence, Italy when we saw their website (a picture isn't always worth a thousand words!!!).

My thanks in advance to anyone with positive or negative info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:42 am

Hey Dick,

Very nice diggs ya picked out. I live just outside DC so never stay at hotels here but my sister, who brings her Board to town regularly says the Mayflower is great - all restored to old splendor. She does say that because it's an old & historic hotel the rooms are a bit small. Has a really fine resturant.
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 12:24 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch
Hey Dick,

Very nice diggs ya picked out. I live just outside DC so never stay at hotels here but my sister, who brings her Board to town regularly says the Mayflower is great - all restored to old splendor. She does say that because it's an old & historic hotel the rooms are a bit small. Has a really fine resturant.
Hey, thanks Jim. Good news. I gotta tell ya tho - these girls are on the go 'tween sun-up and sun-down, so I don't know why they insist on all the trappin's just to snore awhile. Course, if I keep stayin' at them Dew Drop Inns - when the vacancy sign is lit - I guess the girls figger that'll give 'em some more pocket change for upgradin'!! It's ok, tho - I like 'em to have the best time they can - makes them kitchen passes easier to come by!!

Thanks again, Jim. I appreciate it.

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 2:16 pm

Glad ta help Dick. Feel free ta shoot me more questiopns if they've got them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in