Spring Training Camp - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Feb 18th, 2007, 7:58 pm Thread Starter

Question Spring Training Camp

Any one from the Central East / North East heading to the STC? I am thinking of heading down, just curious if any one else is going from (or passing through) the Philly area....

Dave Oehler
2005 LT Dark Graphite - "K-Ship"

BMW-MOA 121422

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Apr 15th, 2007, 7:04 am

Heading for STC III

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTOehler
Any one from the Central East / North East heading to the STC? I am thinking of heading down, just curious if any one else is going from (or passing through) the Philly area....
Jason and I are planning to leave by early Wednesday morning, heading down US23 through OH and into Asheville, NC by Wednesday night then finish the trip to STC on Thursday morning. There is a slight chance that we will leave Michigan as early as Tuesday afternoon.

When you're comfortable...Riding Is Wonderful

Joyfully, MOPMan (Jim Mick)
post #3 of 11 Old Apr 15th, 2007, 7:33 am

Stc

I checked this months calendar of events to see where and when STC is but I didn't see it. When and where is it?

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650

post #4 of 11 Old Apr 15th, 2007, 7:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpillis
I checked this months calendar of events to see where and when STC is but I didn't see it. When and where is it?
"Spring Training" is better to use for a search than STC... but it's Apr 19-21, in western NC.

post #5 of 11 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 4:42 pm

Sign up is here and you can read about it here at the Spring Training Camp for Riders web site.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #6 of 11 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 5:25 pm

It looks like the weather will cooperate, once we get through some rain on Wednesday...

post #7 of 11 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 10:15 pm Thread Starter

Can't Wait....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOPMan
It looks like the weather will cooperate, once we get through some rain on Wednesday...
I saw your earlier post while I was watching the weather -the snow / rain bands in MI. I thought you may have to install a plow on the front of the bike I am hoping the weather clears and its a clear clean ride for all. I am looking forward to the first long ride with the MOP's. I have been sitting in meetings all day I have to admit my mind is on the STC not work. I am sure the next 2 days this change of focus is only going to get worse

Dave Oehler

BMW-MOA 121422

post #8 of 11 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 10:33 pm

Hello from Ohio

Been watching the forcast all week and it looks like the rain/snow will be gone but the temp is going to be in the low 30's thurs morning, brrrrr

I will decide when I get up I guess, the bike is ready, bags are packed, but still have too make the grown up decision and be responsible, man it sucks to be grown!!

Be careful on the way down and maybe I will seeya.

Glen
Litchfield Ohio
post #9 of 11 Old Apr 17th, 2007, 9:59 am Thread Starter

Hello OH,

Forecast here is to be in the 30's as well. I figure it will only get warmer during the day as well as the farther south I go. So long as it is not snowing I will take the cool start and look forward to the warming as I roll along... Hope to see you there.

Dave Oehler

BMW-MOA 121422

post #10 of 11 Old Apr 17th, 2007, 11:07 pm

Jason & I left SE Michigan about 4PM after picking up more Mick-O-Peg parts, had 70 degrees through Detroit and temp dropped into the low 60's by the time we got to Toledo. Had some sprinkles (twice) and stopped for the night in Dayton, OH.

'Plan to hit the road early, probably have rain Wed, but not too cold. We want to get into the south to 'play' on the way to Iron Horse Lodge.

post #11 of 11 Old Apr 18th, 2007, 8:15 am

My wife and I are leaving at 5:30 tonight from Litchfield, hope to make Cinn. for the night, and then let it warm up a bit Thur before heading down. If all goes well, we will see you Fri/Sat.

Glen
Litchfield Ohio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in