There has to be somewhere in Canada - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Apr 28th, 2014, 3:24 am Thread Starter

There has to be somewhere in Canada

Hello forum guys and gals,

Living here in Canada has its blessings but what I can't find are outlets that sell the following.
1) Similar service packs like Beemer bone yard, I.e filters, wrench, washer, o- rings
2) Foot brake lever extensions like Illium works
3) Gear shift extension

They look cheap enough online but add in shipping and it's like bend over and pass the grease. Can anyone enlighten me were to shop in Canada. Thank you all.

Richard

BMWMOA
Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 K1200LT Storm Grey metallic
Uni Go Trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Apr 28th, 2014, 9:43 am

Re: There has to be somewhere in Canada

Richard,

Things like filters, washers, etc. if you plan on keeping your bike for a while. It is still cheaper to buy in bulk from Beemer Boneyard than buying from a Canadian BMW dealer. Order all the consumable items you think you will use for a couple of years. Make sure they ship by US postal system so there are no brokerage fees. There is a coupon section in the order page, put "advrider" in here and it will give you a 10% discount which helps defer the shipping costs. Give them a call, they have been very helpful for me.

Tires in Canada can be found here;

http://www.petes-superbike.com/index.php

Small items like the Ilium peg extenders you might want to see what a local machinist would charge. I just picked up some Ilium floorboards for my R1200RT. I balked at the price of the shift extender, and I have my parts shipped to Port Huron in Michigan. The shift extension is just jammed over the existing rubber, presently I am using a deep 19mm socket.

Nick
'05 R1200RT
'00 R1100S
'01 R1200C Phoenix
'04 R1200C Montauk
'95 R100R Classic

'84 R80RT (naked)(sold)
'94 R100GSPD (sold)
'84 R100S (wannabe)(sold)
'97 R1100RSL (sold)
'81 R100 (sold)
post #3 of 13 Old Apr 28th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayside View Post
Hello forum guys and gals,

Living here in Canada has its blessings but what I can't find are outlets that sell the following.
1) Similar service packs like Beemer bone yard, I.e filters, wrench, washer, o- rings
2) Foot brake lever extensions like Illium works
3) Gear shift extension

They look cheap enough online but add in shipping and it's like bend over and pass the grease. Can anyone enlighten me were to shop in Canada. Thank you all.

Richard
Richard;

I get my tires from Moto International in Montreal. Parts, I get from a few places, like Chicago BMW and Beemer Boneyards. I have a post office box across the border and pick them up when I know they are there.
Dealers charge a quite a bit for parts that are almost 50% cheaper in the US because of the volume of LT's there compared to here in Canada.
Good luck!!
Regards,
Don

post #4 of 13 Old Apr 28th, 2014, 8:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05hexhead View Post
Richard,

Things like filters, washers, etc. if you plan on keeping your bike for a while. It is still cheaper to buy in bulk from Beemer Boneyard than buying from a Canadian BMW dealer. Order all the consumable items you think you will use for a couple of years. Make sure they ship by US postal system so there are no brokerage fees. There is a coupon section in the order page, put "advrider" in here and it will give you a 10% discount which helps defer the shipping costs. Give them a call, they have been very helpful for me.

Tires in Canada can be found here;

http://www.petes-superbike.com/index.php

Small items like the Ilium peg extenders you might want to see what a local machinist would charge. I just picked up some Ilium floorboards for my R1200RT. I balked at the price of the shift extender, and I have my parts shipped to Port Huron in Michigan. The shift extension is just jammed over the existing rubber, presently I am using a deep 19mm socket.
Pete's is down the street from me, tire pricing is not bad but Moto International in Montreal can not be beat!!
Just got a rear for the LT and it cost 248.00 Can taxes in!!
Bought a set from them last year at the Moto Show and was around 370.00 for the set.

Don
post #5 of 13 Old Apr 30th, 2014, 12:23 am Thread Starter

Thanks guys for replying. I will keep what you said in mind. I will for sure remember the tire place Moto international. See what shipping will be like. I will need new treads for next season. I am not a high miler just yet. Still working to hard to retire. The six pack filter set up looked good for the price shipping killed that for me, for the miles I do annually I may as well find an outlet closer to home and just purchase as and when I need them. I may try KN Filters then I won't need the removing wrench. Wishing you both all the very best. Have a great season and stay safe.

Richard

BMWMOA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Uni Go Trailer
post #6 of 13 Old May 3rd, 2014, 6:07 pm

Quote:
Thanks guys for replying. I will keep what you said in mind. I will for sure remember the tire place Moto international. See what shipping will be like. I will need new treads for next season. I am not a high miler just yet. Still working to hard to retire. The six pack filter set up looked good for the price shipping killed that for me, for the miles I do annually I may as well find an outlet closer to home and just purchase as and when I need them. I may try KN Filters then I won't need the removing wrench. Wishing you both all the very best. Have a great season and stay safe.

Richard
I like http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ for free shipping. Have had no problem with them. Also, Alberta Cycle is suppose to have good prices on tires, haven't bought many there thought. Our club meets at Nisku on Saturday mornings for breakfast then some will go riding. Come on out. We meet at the Airways motel at 9:00 am then rides usually start about 10:30.

Garry

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

post #7 of 13 Old May 4th, 2014, 12:20 pm

PM sent

BIGHOPPER (Phil)
BGB 602
2016 R1200RT LC Purchase March
2003 R1150GSA Black Beast (purchased Nov 2011- 32,372klms)
2006 K1200LT Grey
(Purchased 2008, 7,350 mls) Trade in on 2016 RT at 80,600miles
1975 Norton John Player Replica (Sold When I got Married)
1973 Norton Interstate
1965 Atlas 750
1971 Triumph Trail Blazer(Rode from London to Sydney Aust, no maps for that)

post #8 of 13 Old May 5th, 2014, 6:48 am
cws

Garage

you should try paying the shipping to Australia...... its still cheaper than buying most stuff locally by a good deal!

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #9 of 13 Old May 11th, 2014, 4:48 am Thread Starter

Guys, I finally have my oil filters coming from KN Canada. I purchased two for a total of $31.98 CDN with free shipping from Ontario. Ordered Friday May 9th delivery due Monday May 12th. I had checked UAP Napa in Leduc and for the Napa Gold filter it was $32.40 for one filter. Next to get the correct oil. I had thought about using Shell Rotella 10W40 with detergent in it. Transmission and FD I will go with Hypoid 90.

Phil (Bighopper) I will PM you soon. I am wanting to pay you to help me do a Brake line flush and perhaps ask your opinion on changing out the lines at the same time. I also need help deciding on a BT set up for my helmet so I can get the radio and Zumo in their. The bike has a unit under the seat that feeds two helmets. If I can get rid of this equipment that would suit me fine. I had given a lot of thought of moving this machine on. I placed a blog in the main forum asking how many LT owners still out there. The results were and still are coming in as this is the best touring bike to date despite its not in production anymore. My wife and I talked it over for sometime and for the short riding seasons in Canada and the reliability of the LT to change it out would not be financially viable option. Her condition. Is mint and with low mileage I should buckle down and start to learn to keep her in good health without the use of stealers.

BMWMOA

Uni Go Trailer
post #10 of 13 Old May 11th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Quote:
Guys, I finally have my oil filters coming from KN Canada. I purchased two for a total of $31.98 CDN with free shipping from Ontario. Ordered Friday May 9th delivery due Monday May 12th. I had checked UAP Napa in Leduc and for the Napa Gold filter it was $32.40 for one filter. Next to get the correct oil. I had thought about using Shell Rotella 10W40 with detergent in it. Transmission and FD I will go with Hypoid 90.

Phil (Bighopper) I will PM you soon. I am wanting to pay you to help me do a Brake line flush and perhaps ask your opinion on changing out the lines at the same time. I also need help deciding on a BT set up for my helmet so I can get the radio and Zumo in their. The bike has a unit under the seat that feeds two helmets. If I can get rid of this equipment that would suit me fine. I had given a lot of thought of moving this machine on. I placed a blog in the main forum asking how many LT owners still out there. The results were and still are coming in as this is the best touring bike to date despite its not in production anymore. My wife and I talked it over for sometime and for the short riding seasons in Canada and the reliability of the LT to change it out would not be financially viable option. Her condition. Is mint and with low mileage I should buckle down and start to learn to keep her in good health without the use of stealers.
The Napa Gold is only $7 (although they had a sale last month @ $5)
As to brake bleed etc, give shout.

Come to Rosie's Bar on Wednesday & meet the group & see Part #2 of a Trip To Mexico in March.

BIGHOPPER (Phil)
BGB 602
2016 R1200RT LC Purchase March
2003 R1150GSA Black Beast (purchased Nov 2011- 32,372klms)
2006 K1200LT Grey
(Purchased 2008, 7,350 mls) Trade in on 2016 RT at 80,600miles
1975 Norton John Player Replica (Sold When I got Married)
1973 Norton Interstate
1965 Atlas 750
1971 Triumph Trail Blazer(Rode from London to Sydney Aust, no maps for that)

post #11 of 13 Old May 12th, 2014, 11:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighopper View Post
Come to Rosie's Bar on Wednesday & meet the group & see Part #2 of a Trip To Mexico in March.
Rosies is on 99 ST at 63 Ave South west corner..

Garry

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

post #12 of 13 Old May 13th, 2014, 12:42 am Thread Starter

OK guys, see you their. Will come for supper and watch the show.

BMWMOA

Uni Go Trailer
post #13 of 13 Old Jun 4th, 2014, 2:12 am Thread Starter

Whilst the bike was stripped down for 20K service, I deceived to look around for the fuel quick disconnects. I found here in Edmonton a Jiffy Tite dealer.

The owners name is Gary... Website is http://www.madmaxxracing.com. Once I get my parts I will tell you my pricing and how long it took to get them.

BMWMOA

Uni Go Trailer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in