Ordered a 1600GT today. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 6:09 pm Thread Starter

Ordered a 1600GT today.

I ordered a K1600GT today from Island Cycle in Victoria. Ther tell me that I should get it by the third week of September. I am going to sell my 2007 GT. Do any of you guys have any idea what I should be asking? I don't see to many for sale in Alberta or B.C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 24th, 2011, 1:05 am

Re: Ordered a 1600GT today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk1200lt
I ordered a K1600GT today from Island Cycle in Victoria. Ther tell me that I should get it by the third week of September. I am going to sell my 2007 GT. Do any of you guys have any idea what I should be asking? I don't see to many for sale in Alberta or B.C.
Congrats Ron, you'll love the bike, I do.

Garry

Follow my South America ride at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old Jul 24th, 2011, 8:06 am

Re: Ordered a 1600GT today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk1200lt
I can't tell you what to sell it for, but before I sold my 02 K1200LT, I spent over a month looking at all of the web sites that advertise bikes, including this one and then tried to realisticly come up with a fair price that people were PAYING for simular bikes.

I also looked at the real trade in value and what dealers were selling them for based upon the year and millage. Forget your options as they really don't add much selling value. They do help make your bike stand out, but don't add a lot of selling value. If you think they are valuable, take them off and sell seperately.

Figure out the the actual SALE price, not the asking price I found that way too many people were trying to get the asking or emotional price, or what they thought they had to have, but it really wasen't what they were going for. Too many people started way too high and simply missed buyers.

I took what I thought was a true figure and since I wanted to sell quickly and not spend a lot of time hoping and wishing, deducted a few $100.00. I put my bike on Craigs list with a true desciption and several pictures and quickly got responces from 3-4 really serious buyers. A few really low ball people fishing called, but those are easy to determin and simply ignored.

In less than 2 weeks I received cash for my bike at $200 less my asking price from the first person to actually come and look at the bike. I probably left several $100 on the table, but it was quick and easy. Actually quicker than I had imagined.....

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in