BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Canadians where are you and what BMW bike do you drive?

49K views 236 replies 143 participants last post by  Phillil 
#1 ·
This Canadian discussion thread has been very quiet so I thought I'd start a survey to find how many Canadian bikers are lurking here and where you are located and what do you drive. Here is a start!!!
Thanks
Jim!! :bmw:
Location..........Westbank B.C. Bike.............06 K1200LT

#2 ·
Gladiator,

Mississauga Ontario 07RT

#3 ·
New Glasgow, N. S. My wife and I just came back from 3 weeks of riding around southern B.C. and Vancouver Island on our '05 LT. The Rogers Pass was the highlight for me.

#5 ·
Edmonton AB,60 LT

Did a 2000klm to Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, Fort St John BC lastweekend Beautiful. .

#9 ·
Toronto ... (Etobicoke to be precise )

mostly commute to work in Scarborough during the week - anywhere else except work when time permits. :)

2001 LT Pacific Blue

Happy to say no major issues so far !! :D

Frank L.

Former:

1997 K1100 - traded in for LT
1986 Suzuki Cavalcade - 120,000 km - donated to charity
1987 Yamaha Virago 750 - sold
1985 Suzuki 1100 - sold
1983 Suzuki Temptor - sold

#17 ·
West end Toronto: 2008 RT "''Chino"

Formerly: 2005 LT, "Tipsy" -- RIP, burned to a crisp

#19 ·
Hi!
Great to see many of us Canucks who ride Beemers. Unfortunately most of us will be putting our bikes to bed for the winter soon. I was wondering if there is anything different with regards to winterizing this bike.
I usually do the following:
Clean the bike.
Fill the tank with premium fuel.
Add fuel stabilizer.
Cover the bike
After a couple of months recharge the battery.
Should I disconnect the battery before recharging it?
Other than that, I just look at it occasionally and ponder,when when will spring be here!
Take care.
Jim :bmw: :bmw:

#21 ·
gladiator99 said:
Hi!
Great to see many of us Canucks who ride Beemers. Unfortunately most of us will be putting our bikes to bed for the winter soon. I was wondering if there is anything different with regards to winterizing this bike.
Clean the bike.
Add fuel stabilizer.
Cover the bike
Other than that, I just look at it occasionally and ponder,when when will spring be here!
Take care.
Usually I will change the engine oil, transmission oil and final drive and air filter. This year I will be also be changing the brake and clutch fluids. This way when spring arrives I am ready to go. Normally, I disconnect the battery and give it a good charge.

Then I get my skis out and wait fro the snow to arrive. :D

Have a happy winter.

#22 ·
Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I just had the dealer complete the 6000mile or 10k service which included the oil, filter, and final drive, and other required fluids.I don't think he did the brake fluids, however I may get that completed next season!!

#25 ·
Near Ailsa Craig in Southern Ontario. 05 RT and 97 RSL.

Nick.

PS- anyone coming to this area, send me a pm as I am always looking for an excuse for a ride.

#26 ·
gladiator99 said:
Hi!
Clean the bike.
Add fuel stabilizer.
Cover the bike
Take care.
Are you kidding, I try ro ride all year long. As long as there is no snow on the road, I'll go for a ride.

Garry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.