Hotel/Motel Recommendation - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Sep 11th, 2008, 1:25 pm Thread Starter

Hotel/Motel Recommendation

A few of us from the US will be coming up to Jasper next June. We plan to leave Jasper and head to Prince Rupert, take an overnight ferry to Vancouver, and ultimately return to the US through Port Angeles.

I need a recommendation of where to stay for one night somewhere between the Fraser Lake and Burns Lake area on Highway 16. It's a little too far for a one day ride from Jasper to Prince Rupert.

Thanks for any recommendations and insight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Sep 11th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Re: Hotel/Motel Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbikerider
A few of us from the US will be coming up to Jasper next June. We plan to leave Jasper and head to Prince Rupert, take an overnight ferry to Vancouver, and ultimately return to the US through Port Angeles.

I need a recommendation of where to stay for one night somewhere between the Fraser Lake and Burns Lake area on Highway 16. It's a little too far for a one day ride from Jasper to Prince Rupert.

Thanks for any recommendations and insight.
Did a search on Fraser Lake & this came up, haven't been there but looks good.
http://www.fraserlakeinnhotel.com/Home/home/Home

BIGHOPPER (Phil)
BGB 602
2016 R1200RT LC Purchase March
2003 R1150GSA Black Beast (purchased Nov 2011- 32,372klms)
2006 K1200LT Grey
(Purchased 2008, 7,350 mls) Trade in on 2016 RT at 80,600miles
1975 Norton John Player Replica (Sold When I got Married)
1973 Norton Interstate
1965 Atlas 750
1971 Triumph Trail Blazer(Rode from London to Sydney Aust, no maps for that)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old Sep 11th, 2008, 6:37 pm Thread Starter

That's where we planned to stay. No much on maps or Internet in that stretch of 16. Thank you for taking the time to reply. We are looking for suggestions.

Anyone been on the overnight ferry from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy. We are interested in the one that also has cabins. I have read the information on the web site, but looking for some first hand knowledge.

post #4 of 5 Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 8:16 pm

I have taken that ferry before. It runs from 7:30 A.M. to 10:30 P.M. so you don't need a room because the trip starts in the morning and ends the same night. I would suggest that you make advance motel reservations in Port Hardy. Everyone getting off the boat tends to stay their for the night and the rooms tend to be full unless you book in advance. For more information go to www.bcferries.com or ping me if you need more info. Ron
post #5 of 5 Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:05 pm

Ok - this is what I would do if I had company of the female persuasion - add an extra day to the leg between Jasper and Rupert and then book one of the B&Bs at Barkerville. It takes you a little off-route but you end up at a historic gold rush town. It has many restored buildings in a great setting. You can easily spend a day touring the site. It claims to have been the largest community north of San Francisco and west of Chicago during its peak. The overnight stay could be in one of the old hotels and give you a real taste of the prospector's life. Some food for thought anyway...

Yiet
2007 R1200GSA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in