Motorcycle Ride for Dad - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old May 29th, 2007, 10:31 am Thread Starter

Motorcycle Ride for Dad

For all riders in the Calgary area, just a quick note to let you know about a ride for a good cause that is taking place this coming Saturday June 2nd. The ride is called the "Motorcycle Ride for Dad" and it is raising funds for Prostate cancer research. The ride is a guided parade through Calgary from the Calary Police association to the Mark's work wearhouse location in Shawnessey. This is followed by a poker run through the surrounding country side. Full details and registration/pledge forms are available from the web site.

http://www.motorcycleridefordad.org/cal/

I have no official affiliation with the ride I am just planning on riding and collecting pledges

It should be a great ride and a good chance for all Calgary area BMW riders to get out.

Ken

Ken Riach

2007 K1200LT

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old May 29th, 2007, 11:42 am

I'll be riding. Except as my K1200GT doesn't get here till August or so I'll likely be on my Wing.
post #3 of 11 Old May 29th, 2007, 6:14 pm

Sorry, I won't be there. I will be flying to Edmonton to see my brand new GRAND DAUGHTER, my first! She was born on May 27th.

Follow my South America ride at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

post #4 of 11 Old May 29th, 2007, 10:16 pm Thread Starter

Congrats on the first Grandaughter Garry. It is wonderful to be a grandpa, I have three grandkids and it is great.

Ken

Ken Riach

2007 K1200LT

"
post #5 of 11 Old May 29th, 2007, 11:28 pm

I'll see you there Ken (I'm on the organizing committee). Look for the fire bike
post #6 of 11 Old May 30th, 2007, 7:54 am

I just participated in my third MRFD here in Ottawa last Saturday. We had an awesome turnout - 1627 bikes and raised over $260K.

Good luck on the 2nd!!
post #7 of 11 Old May 30th, 2007, 10:31 pm Thread Starter

I will be looking for your bike Roy. I will be on a 07 blue LT. Are you going to be doing registrations on Friday evening? I am thinking of pre registering on Friday to beat the rush Saturday morning and be one of the first 600.

Ken

Ken Riach

2007 K1200LT

"
post #8 of 11 Old Jun 1st, 2007, 1:27 am

Yes I will be there on Friday at 5PM. Make sure you stop to say hello.
Roy Jorawsky
post #9 of 11 Old Jun 1st, 2007, 8:42 am Thread Starter

Roy,

I will see you this evening. We are coming down to register. Hopefully we will have a great turnout of bikes.

When you set up the poker run route did you by any chance create a GPS route of it. (Looking for reasons to play with the Garmin 2720 I have )

Ken

Ken Riach

2007 K1200LT

"
post #10 of 11 Old Jun 1st, 2007, 9:20 am

When we pre-registered last Friday for our Sat ride, we all received a booklet with the text directions for the poker run. I then manually laid out the route in Mapsource and downloaded it to my Zumo.
post #11 of 11 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:30 am

The Calgary Ride for Dad is over for this year, which was our first. The weather was great, the food was plentiful and the riders were fantastic.
We accumulated app. 240 bikes for the ride, which is not bad for the first year.
Special thanks goes out to all volunteers but especially Marks Work Wearhouse (the primary sponsor) and the Calgary City Police Association.
I saw 4 Lt's in the group ---- I can smell a tech session coming

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in