R1200RT LC - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 13th, 2015, 12:27 am Thread Starter

R1200RT LC

Well I ordered my 2015 BMW R1200RT LC in January 2015 from Bentley Motorrad in Kelowna BC. I was told at that time that I could expect delivery in May. Well just as promised it arrived and was ready for pickup May 9th. It had actually been 42 years since I had last sat on a motorcycle, and I went down and picked it up on a trailer and took it home.

After such a long time with no riding I was a little nervous getting on and going for a ride. That feeling quickly changed as I left my home for the first time. The engineering that went into this bike is unreal, the cornering is great, the motorcycle turns with no effort what so ever. I was a little rusty at first but quickly put on 200KM. I ordered this machine with all available options apart from proximity key, now all I have to do is learn how to use them all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 13th, 2015, 7:33 am

Re: R1200RT LC

Congrats on the bike. I would consider taking a refresher course before playing in traffic.

Gerhard
post #3 of 3 Old May 13th, 2015, 8:29 am

Re: R1200RT LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcon View Post
Well I ordered my 2015 BMW R1200RT LC in January 2015 from Bentley Motorrad in Kelowna BC. I was told at that time that I could expect delivery in May. Well just as promised it arrived and was ready for pickup May 9th. It had actually been 42 years since I had last sat on a motorcycle, and I went down and picked it up on a trailer and took it home.

After such a long time with no riding I was a little nervous getting on and going for a ride. That feeling quickly changed as I left my home for the first time. The engineering that went into this bike is unreal, the cornering is great, the motorcycle turns with no effort what so ever. I was a little rusty at first but quickly put on 200KM. I ordered this machine with all available options apart from proximity key, now all I have to do is learn how to use them all.
Welcome and a Big Congratulations on getting back into riding...It's a great feeling, I'm sure! Agree on the rider course...a lot of things(people) have changed in 42 yrs! People just don't look out for you and therefore you have to be thinking both defensive and offensive to stay out of trouble!

Enjoy the new ride! If you don't mind me asking, what kept you away for so long and why the R1200RT? I mean, it's a great bike but, I think I would have gone used for a few years to get my riding legs back under me...I would also suggest getting some good engine and rear pannier crash bars just in case....

Best Regards,
Rangerb3
2014 R1200RT Quarts Met Blue
Biloxi, Mississippi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in