Signed up with Facebook, how do I change my password. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Sep 11th, 2019, 10:37 pm Thread Starter

Signed up with Facebook, how do I change my password.

I was having troubles trying to register for the site so I signed up with Facebook. I would like to change my password for the site, but it is asking me to input my current password. I have no idea what that is.

Also, is it possible on the site login to have Facebook as an option there? I seem to need to go through the registration page again to find a button to login with Facebook again to the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Sep 12th, 2019, 1:57 am

Re: Signed up with Facebook, how do I change my password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Supert View Post
I was having troubles trying to register for the site so I signed up with Facebook. I would like to change my password for the site, but it is asking me to input my current password. I have no idea what that is.

Also, is it possible on the site login to have Facebook as an option there? I seem to need to go through the registration page again to find a button to login with Facebook again to the site.

Exact same issues word by word..

please help..
post #3 of 7 Old Sep 12th, 2019, 7:16 am
Lifetime Supporter

Garage

Is there no "forgot password" option to click on? All my password required sites that I visit have the option. (I think)

Regarding Facebook...I have refused to participate...seems like there's always a lot of security breaches, upsets & turmoil, and most importantly for me...too many relatives!

Never declare a cherished memory as "the best day of my life"...it will forever diminish the possibility for "Tomorrow" being the "Best Day!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old Sep 12th, 2019, 8:52 am Thread Starter

I can't find it anywhere. Only under the User CP is there an option and that requires you to input your old password to reset a new password.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	154313  
post #5 of 7 Old Sep 13th, 2019, 9:58 am
Administrator

Garage

Hey guys,

There's a "sign in with facebook" button just under the banner on every page when you're not signed in.

Signed up with Facebook, how do I change my password.-screen-shot-2019-09-13-10.54.55-am.png

If you login incorrectly, you'll be brought to this page. Clicking on the highlighted "here" will bring you to a new page where you can input your email address and have a new password sent to you.

Signed up with Facebook, how do I change my password.-screen-shot-2019-09-13-10.55.14-am.png

You can also send a PM to this account with the new password you'd like to use and we can manually update it for you.

Niall

post #6 of 7 Old Sep 14th, 2019, 9:10 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Hey guys,

There's a "sign in with facebook" button just under the banner on every page when you're not signed in.

Attachment 154323

If you login incorrectly, you'll be brought to this page. Clicking on the highlighted "here" will bring you to a new page where you can input your email address and have a new password sent to you.

Attachment 154325

You can also send a PM to this account with the new password you'd like to use and we can manually update it for you.

Niall
That button doesn't show up on my iPad or my MacBook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 9.07.59 PM.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	154339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1042.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	154341  
post #7 of 7 Old Sep 17th, 2019, 1:09 pm
Administrator

Garage

Are you using any ad/script blockers on your Mac? I'm using a Mac as well and the "Sign in with Facebook" icon shows fine.

Niall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in