Reply delays - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jun 16th, 2019, 10:42 am Thread Starter

Reply delays

Is it normal for replies to your own thread to take over 14 hrs. to post? Does quoting others multiple times or replying on weekends delay that process?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jun 16th, 2019, 1:34 pm

Garage
Re: Reply delays

If that's what you did (quoted multiple replies) then it means you were clicking around back and forth quite a bit. When you do this, this forum software which is admittedly very weird, will unexpectedly log you out without any notification. I'm guessing that when you hit "submit" for your post you'd already been logged out. To avoid this in the future, when you are logging on click the "REMEMBER ME" box before you log in. This prevents the site from kicking you out.

There are also a bunch of other strange buggy things about this forum. I've figgered out workarounds to only a few.

2007 K1200LT "BUTKA"
post #3 of 7 Old Jun 16th, 2019, 2:53 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
If that's what you did (quoted multiple replies) then it means you were clicking around back and forth quite a bit.
Well see that's the thing. I wasn't clicking back & forth at all. To avoid that possibility completely I opened my thread in one tab, copied and pasted everything in a word doc, did all my editing there, then pasted it all in and "previewed" it all first (in another tab) to make sure there were no formatting glitches and it looked great. Submitted the post, got the "moderator review" message and thought I was good. I always remain signed in and did not see myself somehow end up signed out after posting.
This was now 18 hours ago.

post #4 of 7 Old Jun 17th, 2019, 12:04 am

Garage

Well, then, my next best guess would be it has something to do with your noob status and low post count. I seem to remember when I first joined the forum last year there was stuff I was not allowed to do. I started posting innocuous replies to a bunch of different threads just to get my post count up and then everything smoothed out. Maybe around 25 replies or so?

So, try that. (Hope you kept the Word doc!)

By the way, when you cut and paste from a Word doc to a post there is a ton of hidden HTML tags that come over from Word. It's really incredible. When I do what you did, I save the Word doc as a pdf then I do my copy and paste from the pdf version. If you belong to some other forum that letís you preview a post with all the HTML formatting revealed, try it sometime with some Word stuff and see what you get.

2007 K1200LT "BUTKA"
post #5 of 7 Old Jun 17th, 2019, 8:49 am
Wrencher Extraordinaire

I just checked and one of your multi quotes was flagged for Moderator approval don't know why but I but I went ahead and approved it.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old Jun 17th, 2019, 11:52 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler View Post
I just checked and one of your multi quotes was flagged for Moderator approval don't know why but I but I went ahead and approved it.
Thank you for this, but I was trying to be very patient so as not to double-post. I waited 26 hrs before changing it a bit and re-posting late last night figuring it got denied or lost in cyberspace. Now I have the ugly big double-post I was trying to avoid by waiting. The 2nd post was very similar yet went straight into the thread instantly, I have no idea why the first one got flagged since there are so similar.

Could you or anyone else with the access do me a favor and please delete/remove my two double-posts in my thread, they would be post #6 (mine from 6/9 9:06pm) as well as the one that started this thread for help post #12 (mine from 6/15, 7:45pm) I would really appreciate it.

My thread is here
post #7 of 7 Old Jun 18th, 2019, 8:15 pm Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the cleanup of those posts, much appreciated. Mods you can close this thread or delete it completely. I'm good.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in