BMW Luxury Touring Community

BMW Luxury Touring Community (https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/)
-   BMWLT Site Support Forum (https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/bmwlt-site-support-forum/)
-   -   Reset password does not send a new password (https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/bmwlt-site-support-forum/182239-reset-password-does-not-send-new-password.html)

acuningham Mar 4th, 2019 3:20 pm

Reset password does not send a new password

Hello,

I tried logging in from home this past weekend and could not remember my login. I requested a password reset 3 different times and each time I got the email back with a link to go to the site and get a message that a new password would be returned via email. I never received a new password in a separate email.

So I registered again as Alex M Cuningham III,user name amcuningham. Previously I was registered as Alex Cuningham, user name acuningham. Can you link my old account to my new registration such that my previous posts are accessible and all my interactions with others is preserved. The address is the same in both accounts. The phone number is the same. Only the email address is different.

thanks for your help.

Alex

Admin Mar 5th, 2019 10:59 am

Re: Reset password does not send a new password

Hello there,

Do you still have access to the @oldi.com email?
I have sent a password reset to that email.
Let me know if you received it.

Ed

acuningham Mar 5th, 2019 1:41 pm

Yes, I did receive another email to reset the password at my oldi.com email address.

Admin Mar 6th, 2019 9:30 am

Let me know if you're still having difficulties :)

Ed

acuningham Mar 6th, 2019 12:24 pm

Okay, so this morning around 10 am I clicked the link to reset the password. It is now 1:20 pm and I have not received a new password to login with. How long does normally take to receive the new password?

Are you able to link the accounts? I don't have to use the oldi.com email. That is a work email. I would prefer to use the ***** address. Without linking the accounts I start over as a junior member and have few privileges.

thanks,

acuningham Mar 7th, 2019 7:27 am

It is now Thursday around 8:30 am and I have still never received a new password to complete the login.

Is the system working? i don't think so.

alex

Admin Mar 7th, 2019 10:42 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by acuningham (Post 1903635)
It is now Thursday around 8:30 am and I have still never received a new password to complete the login.

Is the system working? i don't think so.

alex

I've updated the details on your account. Please check your email for new login information.

Niall

scottydawg Mar 7th, 2019 10:59 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 1903655)
I've updated the details on your account. Please check your email for new login information.

Niall

Niall,
Looks like I jumped in to try to help at the same time you were. I did what I do for folks that have these issues over on the Ducati website, I saved a password in his profile and emailed it to him and told him to log in with that and then change it to something secure.

acuningham Mar 8th, 2019 7:53 am

I was able to login with the password you gave me. My account is now merged. The system never did send a new password, so there may be a problem to look into. Thanks for your support.

alex

Admin Mar 11th, 2019 9:19 am

Thanks @scottydawg.

@acuningham Glad you got it sorted.

niall