No notifications for messages left in classifieds? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old May 11th, 2018, 10:45 am Thread Starter

No notifications for messages left in classifieds?

Why do I not get any notification when someone leaves me a message about items I have for sale in the classifieds? This has resulted in a lost sale already.

'15 GTLE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old May 11th, 2018, 2:48 pm
Administrator

Garage
Re: No notifications for messages left in classifieds?

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with notifications @smahon. Do you successfully receive notifications from other threads you subscribe to or is it only the classifieds threads that you're not receiving notifications about?

Also, can you please clarify what browser/device that you use to access the site, and also which forum skin you're using? If you're not sure, there is a dropdown menu found at the bottom left hand corner of the page under Posting Rules.

Cheers,

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 3.46.13 PM.png
Views:	14
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	144249  
post #3 of 9 Old May 12th, 2018, 7:53 am Thread Starter

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The issue is not with thread subscriptions; I get those, no problem. Nor is it with PMs; I get notifications for those too. To answer your questions: I am using Chrome and the Full site skin.

When I go into the Classifieds I see the first image which shows I have 2 messages. When I click on the messages link, I see the second page...one message from Mar 23 has been there for quite some time and I never received any notification for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-12 06_31_12-Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds.png
Views:	16
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	144305   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-12 06_35_43-Member Profile - PhotoPost Classifieds.png
Views:	30
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	144313  

'15 GTLE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old May 14th, 2018, 10:39 am
Administrator

Garage

Hey there,

So the classified section on this forum has its own notifications which is under "messages". You have attached the image of where those notifications go.
Forum notifications such as PMs, liked post, and subscribed threads are sent to your "Your Notifications"

Hope this clarifies your thoughts on this,

Ed
post #5 of 9 Old May 14th, 2018, 10:48 am Thread Starter

Thanks for that explanation. But, back to my original question: Why wasn't I notified of that message in my screen shot from Mar 23rd?

'15 GTLE

post #6 of 9 Old May 14th, 2018, 3:56 pm
Administrator

Garage

When/how did you notice that you had 2 messages? Did you get a separate notification for the other message, but just not the March 23rd one?

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit thick, but I'm just trying to get a better understanding of how you expected to be notified. Do you typically get a separate notification about messages for your sale ads? From my understanding, there is no notification other than the fact that it shows how many messages you have when you go into that section of the forum. Just trying to determine if something is actually broken, a setting turned off or if there is some kind of misunderstanding.

Cheers

Erik
post #7 of 9 Old May 14th, 2018, 4:40 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahon View Post
Thanks for that explanation. But, back to my original question: Why wasn't I notified of that message in my screen shot from Mar 23rd?
Maybe because users get logged off when in classified. I alway do (using Safari). Keeps me from doing/asking much when in there. What state is your bike located?

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!
post #8 of 9 Old May 15th, 2018, 11:13 am
Administrator

Garage

The classifieds is sort of separate site, within the forum. It has it's own list of functions, and posts are hard to track between it and the site proper.

Seems something is up with it. I'm having trouble accessing certain admin settings that might be able to shed some light on the problems. Will get a tech to take a look

Kevin
post #9 of 9 Old May 17th, 2018, 3:11 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jers99lt View Post
Maybe because users get logged off when in classified. I alway do (using Safari). Keeps me from doing/asking much when in there. What state is your bike located?
Hi. The bike is in CO.

'15 GTLE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in