Phishing - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Aug 5th, 2017, 8:50 am Thread Starter

Phishing

Admins,
Please take a look at this recent posting. Number 17 has a couple of screen shots. This is happening to most of us who are using iPads or other remote devices. It does not happen with our (at least mine) desktop pc. It is also only happening with this website (bmwlt.com).
Thank you!!!!

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/...ml#post1758498

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Aug 5th, 2017, 10:21 am

Re: Phishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrevelino View Post
Admins,
Please take a look at this recent posting. Number 17 has a couple of screen shots. This is happening to most of us who are using iPads or other remote devices. It does not happen with our (at least mine) desktop pc. It is also only happening with this website (bmwlt.com).
Thank you!!!!

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/...ml#post1758498
I get the same thing, Mike. Happens to me (on iPad only) here on LT forums, and also on the MOA forums. Commonality is vBulletin versions. Not positive that MOA forums are also hosted by Vertical Scope. Hope VS can fix this annoyance!
post #3 of 5 Old Aug 8th, 2017, 10:45 am
Administrator

Garage

I responded in the thread. If you continue to see these, please let us know and provide as much detail as you can as requested:

1. Device/OS/browser you're using (iPad yes, but on safari?)
2. Geo-location (city/state - we ask for this because often times these are region based)
3. Redirect URL - if you are getting redirect, please copy/paste the URL
4. Screenshot(s)
5. Ad call - this is the best piece of evidence to help locate the source: right click on the ad itself and select either "inspect element" or "view frame source" (whichever you see). A new tab should open and display a bunch of code - copy and paste this code and report it to us.

Thanks for your cooperation on this.

Cheers,
Natalie

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 15th, 2017, 7:46 am Thread Starter

Per your request.
Attached are my latest pop-ups. It is a different url from the last time but the same ad. This url is ingmatic.com, where the last time this happened it was dabmobi.com. The second image mentions iPAD and Safari in the first line of text. I am also going to copy and post this reply in the Admin support section and will try to answer their questions as best as I can.

Please provide the following details so we can get alert our techs to get rid of these at once:

1. Device/OS/browser you're using (iPad yes, but on safari? Don't want to assume).
<<iPad and using Safari>>
2. Geo-location (city/state - we ask for this because often times these are region based).
<<Williamsburg, Virginia (mtrevelino), Lawrenceville, PA (Voyager), Texas (Dick)>>
3. Redirect URL - if you are getting redirect, please copy/paste the URL.
<<The url is at the top of the attached images>>
4. Screenshot(s).
<<See attachments>>
5. Ad call - this is the best piece of evidence to help locate the source: right click on (or hold down) the ad itself and select either "inspect element" or "view frame source" (whichever you see). A new tab should open and display a bunch of code - copy and paste this code and report it to us.
<<I cannot figure out how to right click on the iPad. When I hit the "cancel" button, it takes me to the second image.>>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.png
Views:	16
Size:	545.2 KB
ID:	130313   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.png
Views:	15
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	130321  

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old Aug 15th, 2017, 11:55 am
Administrator

Garage

Thank you for supplying as much information as you could, mtrevelino. On the iPad, when you hold down on an ad, a drop down menu appears. In that menu, at the top it shows the full URL (super long/complicated looking) which is the one we need. If you can take a screenshot of that or somehow copy that full URL, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-Natalie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in