Someday, I'll get in trouble - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jun 7th, 2006, 5:23 pm Thread Starter

Someday, I'll get in trouble

There I was, ride'n back to the office, at the stop light, when going cross to me was another Mauve LT - with the bigest trailer I've ever seen on a bike. This thing looked like it belonged behind an F-350 (well, ok - slight exageration).

Of course, I'm in the wrong lane, but after some fancy turns here and there and get'n caught at a few lights I finally catch up to Denis from Florida on his 2001 LT. Denis is on his way from home in FL to a black powder shoot in Cody Wyoming. Tells me his trailer is 'fulla lead'. Says he had to get the LT cuz his Harley at home wouldn't pull the trailer.

In any case - Denis had never heard of this site. Says he'll check in. Was curious to hear about the 'brown wire' and so many folks doing their own maintenance.

And I got to see my 3rd LT (besides my own). Gonna have to do 'sighting' tags like the fighter pilots do for shoot downs. One Champaign '06, Wyorock's silver and now an '01 Mauve. Only other Mauve 'sides mine I've seen. (yea, he's run'n Metzlers at 42/48 too )

Too cool.

If you see me chase'n ya down - I'm not gonna swipe your triskets. Just wanna say "Hi!"

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jun 7th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotter
If you see me chase'n ya down - I'm not gonna swipe your triskets. Just wanna say "Hi!"
Since there are so few LT's out there it's fun to get to chat with other riders. We used to have a template somewhere for biz cards with the site URL, and that you can personalize and print yourself. Then if you see one and the owner is not around you can tuck a card into his seat.

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:
post #3 of 6 Old Jun 7th, 2006, 5:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotter
Gonna have to do 'sighting' tags like the fighter pilots do for shoot downs. One Champaign '06,...
Shirley you meant '05 Yellow...the finest color ever offered ona LT...

Ride On!

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL

post #4 of 6 Old Jun 7th, 2006, 6:06 pm Thread Starter

Mmm, I shore coulda been cornfuzed that's for sure. But it was an almost white LT with the chrome handle 'cross the tail trunk back side. Gonna haffta go look at some piccys. See what kinda Yellow the '06s are.

But, more likely I've got the model year wrong than the color.

Uh, or was that *you* I accosted at the Shell station?

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #5 of 6 Old Jun 7th, 2006, 8:26 pm

Same thing happened to me over the weekend. Spotted a guy while gassing up so couldn't go chasing after him. I am afraid the guy might freak anyway. Only my second spotting too.

Scott

2000 Canyon Red LTC
"Arizona"
"You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't."
post #6 of 6 Old Jun 7th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Do you mean these??
Attached Files
File Type: doc K1200LT.doc (46.0 KB, 120 views)

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in